torterra wins hands down in looks.

BANNER BY Blue Dragon
    JOIN Pokémon URPG TODAY!
    | URPG Stats | Curator Log | Ref Log | Violet Gym |

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Venusaur vs Torterra

Quote Originally Posted by Derier44 View Post
    Off Topic:Well, I wouldn't either use them as a tank. Most likely I would use Vaporeon.

Vaporeon~Adament nature, Leftovers, 252-Sp. Def 252-Defense 6-Sp.Atk
    Acid Armor
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Substitute
    This is oh so very Off Topic, but I need to say it:

No offense, but that is a horrible Vaporeon and anyone with any idea of what they're doing would choose my Venusaur over your Vaporeon any day.

Lemme help you fix it:

First: You're not using any physical moves on Vaporeon (and you shouldn't. It's physical movepool/attack stat is abysmal) so why does it have a nature that increases it's Atk and decreases it's Sp. Atk?

This Vaporeon is a wall, right? Give it a Bold or Calm nature. The former to wall physical hits or the latter to wall special ones.

Second: Have you seen Vaporeon's HP? Why are you not giving any EV's to that stat? It's massive! You should always try to optimize a Pokemon's best stat, not leave it in the dust. Pick a side of the spectrum (physical or special) you want Vaporeon to wall hits from, then concentrate your EV's on that defensive stat (with it's corresponding nature) and it's HP. You can throw in some Sp. Atk EV's to help it kill stuff easier too.

Third: Vaporeon gets the following moves: Protect, Wish and Baton Pass. Why does your Vaporeon not have these? Wish can help it last longer, it can heal teammates and has overall great utility. It's also one of the very few Pokemon that can make good use of it, thus, it should have it. Baton Pass can help you get your switch in safely (no entry hazards or pursuit damage) and if you used Wish the turn before, it will even heal the switch in. Protect ensures that you get Wish healed without taking damage. Other useful moves are Toxic, Surf, Ice Beam and Substitute, all of which can go in the fourth moveslot.

Had to get that out of my chest. Now, back to Venusaur vs Torterra...
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Venesaur is cool but i got more of akin with Torterra

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palgia View Post
    Venesaur is cool but i got more of akin with Torterra
    I feel the exact same opposite of this

Blog Entries

Venusaur, its more appealing, more useful, and it would win in a fight.
    Please click my eggs!!

Credit for the awesome avatar goes to Allen Walker!

venusaur is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy better than torterra
    Want free stuff? Try Points2shop. It's all legit. Just do surveys or play games. Your choice. Get points and buy stuff from Amazon.com. Wanna try it? Go to this link:
    http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1281631058

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    This is oh so very Off Topic, but I need to say it:

No offense, but that is a horrible Vaporeon and anyone with any idea of what they're doing would choose my Venusaur over your Vaporeon any day.

Lemme help you fix it:

First: You're not using any physical moves on Vaporeon (and you shouldn't. It's physical movepool/attack stat is abysmal) so why does it have a nature that increases it's Atk and decreases it's Sp. Atk?

This Vaporeon is a wall, right? Give it a Bold or Calm nature. The former to wall physical hits or the latter to wall special ones.

Second: Have you seen Vaporeon's HP? Why are you not giving any EV's to that stat? It's massive! You should always try to optimize a Pokemon's best stat, not leave it in the dust. Pick a side of the spectrum (physical or special) you want Vaporeon to wall hits from, then concentrate your EV's on that defensive stat (with it's corresponding nature) and it's HP. You can throw in some Sp. Atk EV's to help it kill stuff easier too.

Third: Vaporeon gets the following moves: Protect, Wish and Baton Pass. Why does your Vaporeon not have these? Wish can help it last longer, it can heal teammates and has overall great utility. It's also one of the very few Pokemon that can make good use of it, thus, it should have it. Baton Pass can help you get your switch in safely (no entry hazards or pursuit damage) and if you used Wish the turn before, it will even heal the switch in. Protect ensures that you get Wish healed without taking damage. Other useful moves are Toxic, Surf, Ice Beam and Substitute, all of which can go in the fourth moveslot.

Had to get that out of my chest. Now, back to Venusaur vs Torterra...
    You put waaaaaaaaaaay to much though into that. Plus, if Vaporeon is a Tank, that means it is supposed to have the best Defense possible, and if you noticed, the attacks that I chose were attacks built on STAB, the most Super Effective hit possible, and by its nature. I will admit that Wish should have been included but rule number one of having a tank, never use Protect, thats why you have the best Defense possible. Also, yes you would need a Bold nature, and which is why Vaporeon should only have Sp. Atk's. And Wish would cover up the HP gap, plus, if a Tank Vaporeon went up against a Tank Venusaur, Vaporeon would win for many reasons. So as an edit.......

Vaporeon~Bold nature, Leftovers, 252-Sp. Def 252-Defense 6-HP
    Acid Armor
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Wish

((No more Vaporeon as a Tank arguments))

Just so this isn't off topic.......

Torterra is only good for Atk, Venusaur is only good for Sp. Atk's. Both serve well as Tanks but Torterra lacks in Def while Venusaur lacks in Sp. Def. So you really ought to use a Torterra because most of the types that damage Grass and Poison types have Sp. Atks.

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derier44 View Post
    You put waaaaaaaaaaay to much though into that. Plus, if Vaporeon is a Tank, that means it is supposed to have the best Defense possible, and if you noticed, the attacks that I chose were attacks built on STAB, the most Super Effective hit possible, and by its nature. I will admit that Wish should have been included but rule number one of having a tank, never use Protect, thats why you have the best Defense possible. Also, yes you would need a Bold nature, and which is why Vaporeon should only have Sp. Atk's. And Wish would cover up the HP gap, plus, if a Tank Vaporeon went up against a Tank Venusaur, Vaporeon would win for many reasons. So as an edit.......

Vaporeon~Bold nature, Leftovers, 252-Sp. Def 252-Defense 6-HP
    Acid Armor
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Wish

((No more Vaporeon as a Tank arguments))

Just so this isn't off topic.......

Torterra is only good for Atk, Venusaur is only good for Sp. Atk's. Both serve well as Tanks but Torterra lacks in Def while Venusaur lacks in Sp. Def. So you really ought to use a Torterra because most of the types that damage Grass and Poison types have Sp. Atks.
    Honey, Protect is a very good move for a wall, which is what Vaporeon is. Vaporeon is a wall/support Pokemon, Venusaur is a tank. Protect helps scout the opponents moves, gives you a guaranteed Wish recovery and can find out if you're opponent is choiced, which you could easily exploit and gain the momentum in battle. Also, it guarantees Leftover's recovery.

Also, Venusaur and Torterra have amazing Sp. Def and Def respectively. And while I agree that Torterra's only good for Physical Atk, I don't agree about Venusaur. Sure, it's better as a special attacker, but Swords Dance, Power Whip, Sleep Powder and EQ (though not STAB'd) makes it a more than formidable physical attacker.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Honey, Protect is a very good move for a wall, which is what Vaporeon is. Vaporeon is a wall/support Pokemon, Venusaur is a tank. Protect helps scout the opponents moves, gives you a guaranteed Wish recovery and can find out if you're opponent is choiced, which you could easily exploit and gain the momentum in battle. Also, it guarantees Leftover's recovery.

Also, Venusaur and Torterra have amazing Sp. Def and Def respectively. And while I agree that Torterra's only good for Physical Atk, I don't agree about Venusaur. Sure, it's better as a special attacker, but Swords Dance, Power Whip, Sleep Powder and EQ (though not STAB'd) makes it a more than formidable physical attacker.
    Vaporeon is a Wall=Vaporeon is a Tank/small sweeper.

Protect is a waste of a move, period. You have Acid Armor for big defense boost, Hydro Pump to KO Ground/Rock/Fire types, Ice Beam to KO Ground/Grass/Dragon/Flying types, and Wish to fill in the HP gap. So that would be a pretty well built defensive Tank with small sweeping moves and a HP restoration move. Adding Protect in there would mean to give up one of those moves. Since you say a Protect and Wish combo is vital, we won't get rid of Wish. And since Ice Beam is Super Effective against 4 different types, that would be stupid to get rid of as well. Acid Armor is a huge defense move that is vital to Vaporeon as a "wall" so we can't get rid of that. Then we have Hydro Pump which has STAB and is a powerful move overall, plus it has three types that it is Super Effective against. The only move you could replace with Protect is Hydro Pump, but that would be like replacing a gun with a bow and arrow.

Look a few pages back, me and you had the same conversation about this and by Stats, good Tank EV's, and the right moves, Venusaur is best in Sp. Atk and Torterra is best Atk.
    Last edited by Derier44; 5th August 2010 at 12:03 AM.

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

Blog Entries

Look, you do what you want with your Vaporeon, butyou might want to take look at this before you do anything. Vaporeon's a wall/support, not a tank. Venusaur's a tank.

Also,I know that Torterra's better in Attack and Venusaur's better in Sp. Atk, but I'm just pointing out the fact that Venu's no slouch in physical Attacks, Mixed Attacks, Special Attacks and Tanking while Torterra is a slouch in anything that's not physical.

Venu's not the top Pokemon in UU cuz of it's pretty mug, y'know.

<(:)(:)(:)(:) <Weedle! The Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Venusaur all the way. Nuff said!

Kanto pride!!!

Just look at Venusaur! He kicks ass

Torterra all the way. Seeing a whole tremendous tree on its back was mindblowing when I first saw it. I've also always loved all kinds of dinosaur-based pokemon. And that's not all : sharing the same species name with a Legendary pokemon is just awesome.

Blog Entries

Visit Iggyness's Youtube Channel

I wish Torterra was a better fighter, I like it a lot.

I voted for Venusaur because Bulbasaur is one of my favorite pokemon.

They're both awesome as far as design and usefulness goes. Besides that, Venusaur has the nostalgia factor and Torterra plays off the "world turtle" concept, which I'm a fan of. It's really close... can't I pick both?

I'll allow Venusaur to win because I like its pre-evos far better.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast