Venusaur still gets Sleep Powder via level up, and let's face it, that alone makes all the difference.
Of course, Growth and Synthesis certainly don't hurt any.
2. Nope, I did mention which one will be more useful, stats, looks and plus what more can you talk about them? Thats pretty much all you can say about them.
3. If you have read my posts carefully I said that I'm talking about the levelling up movepool only. So don't mention TMs, breeding and tutoring because it makes you sound like you haven't been reading my posts. I know that TMs, breeding and tutoring is important too.
4. Well that's your opinion. In my opinion Torterra has a better levelling up movepool cause of Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Crunch and Razor Leaf which would be more useful on Torterra than Venusaur to me.
May I ask, why is their level up movepool such a big deal? Any trainer worth his or her...anything will undoubtedly use Move Tutors and TM's, even if it's just for in-game purposes. Why the focus on their level up moves, which are only one fourth of their options?
In my original post I mostly talked about their movepool but not because I think it's such a big deal but because im just showing how much better Torterra's own moves are than Venusaur's. I didn't really talk about breeding and tutoring moves because a Pokemon's original moveset is the levelling up one.
If you don't understand that then just imagine there were no such things as TMs, breeding and tutoring because then you'll notice that Torterra has a much more greater movepool than Venusaur. But of course it's an opinion so please don't argue, our opinions may differ.
Your problem is that it's a completely arbitrary distinction made for virtually no reason. It's almost like saying "Pokémon with A in their names have better names".
All you can gauge the level up moveset for is for in-game balancing convenience... and in-game, you really don't need many moves to begin with and it's mostly influenced by the game itself; it hardly says anything about the pokémon.
And even in that case, TMs would have a higher convenience than Level Up, as the later require heart scales to be remembered into usable movesets.
The only real point in differenciating where do the moves come from competitively would be breeding, as they can be excluyent of other moves. But that doesn't even apply here.
2. Here is a listing of some of the things that do say a lot about Pokemon: Stats, type, abilities, nature and movepool which does say a lot about because Pokemon wouldn't be the same without these things. How does a movepool not say a lot about Pokemon? It's one of the main things about a Pokemon. I didn't mention anything about the Pokemon games itself, so looks like you've misunderstood me or was saying something of the my post's topic.
3. Again you were being extent because I've only mentioned the level up movepool so don't mention TMs, breeding and tutoring. And nobody mentioned that TMs are more convenient than level up because it doesn't really matter which is more convenient. Why does that matter anyway? I would of mentioned TMs If wanted to in my post. I know Venusaur can learn good moves from TMs...
4. The topic is about Venusaur vs Torterra so logical explanations can apply here and my reasons were logical. Most of the things you've said looked like you didn't even understand my post properly and was nothing to do with my posts whatsoever. It also looked like it was off my post's topic.
OK, let's drop this argument here because it's going nowhere but round in circles.
I think one thing we can all agree on is, they're both ugly. Piplup is the cutest.
heck yeah hes the best!
Two of my favorites, let's just put them on a team together instead of making them fight. :)
If I had to choose it would be Venasaur though, close 2nd for Torterra. This one was really tough for me.
Torterra, hands down. Here are my reasons.
-Torterra has a more unique type combo while Venasaur shares its type with Pokemon like the Bellsprout and Oddish lines (Bellossom excluded)
-While both secondary types have a synergistic nature with the primary type, Torterra's seems more balanced
-Torterra, thanks to it's Ground-type, can counter all its weaknesses with one Rock-type move, which Ground-types can learn, something that the Poison-type of Venasaur can't do
-Torterra's "origins" is far cooler than Venasaur's, being based off the turtle that carries the world and stuff. Now that's pretty cool
-Torterra can naturally learn Earthquake without outside help, while Venasaur needs the TM to learn it, thereby giving Torterra a more reliable move right away
-Torterra has a more diverse move pool. On it's own, it can learn Grass, Normal, Dark, Ground, Ghost (Curse), and Water (Withdraw) moves by level up. Venasaur is more limited, it can't even learn any damaging Poison-type moves by level up.
-Most of Venasaur's best level up moves have bad drawbacks, require some prep time, or are fairly inaccurate (Petal Dance, Double-Edge, Solar Beam, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder), while most of Torterra's moves don't have the same problem, with only two having "major" drawbacks (Wood Hammer and Leaf Storm)
-From a superficial view, Torterra looks a lot cooler than Venasaur
-Torterra fits its role better than Venasaur, since it can be both a defender and a physical hitter, while Venasaur is a bit more vulnerable in some places
Truth be told, I love them both, but Torterra is my preferred choice. I've used both of them over my time as a Trainer, but Torterra fits my needs far better than Venasaur. I like them both, but Torterra would be my choice between the two.
Seriously, this thread is still alive?! This was the VERY FIRST faceoff thread! And I still vote Venusaur :) Leech Seed is still the best possible in-game move for people who want to fight above their level and progress through the game more quickly.