Venusaur still gets Sleep Powder via level up, and let's face it, that alone makes all the difference.
Of course, Growth and Synthesis certainly don't hurt any.
2. Nope, I did mention which one will be more useful, stats, looks and plus what more can you talk about them? Thats pretty much all you can say about them.
3. If you have read my posts carefully I said that I'm talking about the levelling up movepool only. So don't mention TMs, breeding and tutoring because it makes you sound like you haven't been reading my posts. I know that TMs, breeding and tutoring is important too.
4. Well that's your opinion. In my opinion Torterra has a better levelling up movepool cause of Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Crunch and Razor Leaf which would be more useful on Torterra than Venusaur to me.
May I ask, why is their level up movepool such a big deal? Any trainer worth his or her...anything will undoubtedly use Move Tutors and TM's, even if it's just for in-game purposes. Why the focus on their level up moves, which are only one fourth of their options?
In my original post I mostly talked about their movepool but not because I think it's such a big deal but because im just showing how much better Torterra's own moves are than Venusaur's. I didn't really talk about breeding and tutoring moves because a Pokemon's original moveset is the levelling up one.
If you don't understand that then just imagine there were no such things as TMs, breeding and tutoring because then you'll notice that Torterra has a much more greater movepool than Venusaur. But of course it's an opinion so please don't argue, our opinions may differ.
Your problem is that it's a completely arbitrary distinction made for virtually no reason. It's almost like saying "Pokémon with A in their names have better names".
All you can gauge the level up moveset for is for in-game balancing convenience... and in-game, you really don't need many moves to begin with and it's mostly influenced by the game itself; it hardly says anything about the pokémon.
And even in that case, TMs would have a higher convenience than Level Up, as the later require heart scales to be remembered into usable movesets.
The only real point in differenciating where do the moves come from competitively would be breeding, as they can be excluyent of other moves. But that doesn't even apply here.
2. Here is a listing of some of the things that do say a lot about Pokemon: Stats, type, abilities, nature and movepool which does say a lot about because Pokemon wouldn't be the same without these things. How does a movepool not say a lot about Pokemon? It's one of the main things about a Pokemon. I didn't mention anything about the Pokemon games itself, so looks like you've misunderstood me or was saying something of the my post's topic.
3. Again you were being extent because I've only mentioned the level up movepool so don't mention TMs, breeding and tutoring. And nobody mentioned that TMs are more convenient than level up because it doesn't really matter which is more convenient. Why does that matter anyway? I would of mentioned TMs If wanted to in my post. I know Venusaur can learn good moves from TMs...
4. The topic is about Venusaur vs Torterra so logical explanations can apply here and my reasons were logical. Most of the things you've said looked like you didn't even understand my post properly and was nothing to do with my posts whatsoever. It also looked like it was off my post's topic.
OK, let's drop this argument here because it's going nowhere but round in circles.
I think one thing we can all agree on is, they're both ugly. Piplup is the cutest.
heck yeah hes the best!
Hard choice. Torterra and Venusaur are my favorite Grass-type starters.
They are also among my favorite Pokémon.
That said, I've chosen Torterra, for two sole reasons: I like its design a bit more and because it is a Sinnoh starter.
I prefer Venusaur's typing by a mile, though. Poison > Ground any day for me.
Two of my favorites, let's just put them on a team together instead of making them fight. :)
If I had to choose it would be Venasaur though, close 2nd for Torterra. This one was really tough for me.