57 51.35%
  • Serperior

54 48.65%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Venusaur vs Serperior

Default Re: Venusaur vs Jaroda

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Well now that's a conundrum. You both have contradicting calculations. How can we figure out who's in the right.
    I was actually about to defend my calculation by saying I used Psypoke's Damage Calculator untill I realised I forgot to factor in STAB. That means Jaroda would lose a maximum 360 HP. So there's about a 1 in 4 chance it'll OHKO >>;

And yeah, there's several ways any Venusaur vs Jaroda could pan out. Jaroda could outspeed Venusaur and use Substitute. However more often than not I'd say Jaroda would lose - Venusaur has many common STAB moves at its disposal for SE damage whilst Jaroda can't hit Venusaur with anything for SE damage besides Hidden Power.

I prefer Jaroda in terms of design at the moment though. And I think its speed and dream world ability would make it more useful than Venusaur late-game.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
    I was actually about to defend my calculation by saying I used Psypoke's Damage Calculator untill I realised I forgot to factor in STAB. That means Jaroda would lose a maximum 360 HP. So there's about a 1 in 4 chance it'll OHKO >>;

And yeah, there's several ways any Venusaur vs Jaroda could pan out. Jaroda could outspeed Venusaur and use Substitute. However more often than not I'd say Jaroda would lose - Venusaur has many common STAB moves at its disposal for SE damage whilst Jaroda can't hit Venusaur with anything for SE damage besides Hidden Power.

I prefer Jaroda in terms of design at the moment though. And I think its speed and dream world ability would make it more useful than Venusaur late-game.
    Versatility is and has always been Venusaur's strong point. A late game sweep might just be Jaroda's thing (although that really shallow movepool does hinder it) but Venusaur has the ability to perform as many roles for a team as you need it to.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Spirit of the Divine Wind Kamikazen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Venusaur used to be my fave Grass starter, but when Jaroda came along, I had an instant change of heart. In terms of battling however, Venusaur MURDERS, IS MURDERING, AND WILL CONTINUE TO MURDER Jaroda.

Is that So? Lo? Sis? Steel_Justice's Avatar

Venusaur hands down, Jaroda can't to jack and venusaur has good bulk and stabbed sludge bomb and sleep powder.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Venusaur vs Serperior

Venusaur, at least it has Earthquake unlike Serperior, who has jack. Sleep Powder is also a bonus.

Serperior won't survive a Sludge Bomb from Venusaur unless it has maximum HP and SpD EV's, and without SpA investment it can't even 2HKO Venusaur with HP Fire and a Lift Orb.

Even with SpA investment, it isn't guaranteed to 2HKO with Life Orb boosted HP Fire.

Venusaur wins this hands down.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well funny I haven't posted here so far.

Anyway, its Venusaur for me by far. There are multiple reasons for it:

1) Venusaur was my fave starter in Pokemon Red. I enjoyed his awesome Special and Razor Leaf critting every turn and tearing shit to pieces.

2) If Venusaur was good in Gen 1, it became a monster in Gen5. My Chlorosaur has a kill ratio higher than any Commando in wifi and PO battling. It takes down a minimum of 3 mons every match.

3) I really enjoyed Ash's Bulbasaur, due to his upstanding nature. Since then I have liked the line a lot.

4) Its something which is under-rated but still comes out on top, like a quite worker. It doesn't have any crazy hype like Charizard or Salamence, but is still reliable.

I love it.
    Grass Type Warrior likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Both are exremely good pokemon who play completely different styles... We all now Venusaur is a monster thinks to Chlorophyll and has a good STAB combo... Serperior also has a fantastic ability in Contrary... He has a 140 base power STAB move which only gets stronger and with the combination with HP Fire and Dragon Pulse has near perfect coverage on everything not named Heatran... and also gets Giga Drain which is pretty good with for recovery...

Venusaur is definitly the better of the two in the Sun thanks to Chlorophyll but Serperior has the potential to cripple both Rain and Sandstorm teams... I prefer Serperior but all of them are great Pokemon
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Venusaur because I'm a diehard fan of the first 251. Bulbasaur is one of my favourite evolution lines :)
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

venusaur. hands down

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar

Venusaur for me. It's my favourite of all the starter's final evolutions and I've just never warmed up to Serperior.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I love Snivy, therefore I love Servine and Serperior - they all have awesome designs and I just dig Serperior's smug, royal-like appearance. I also love its speed and the fact that my Serperior helped me crush half of Cynthia's team with Coil + Leaf Blade alone in my B/W game.
    Lumi likes this.

Which do you prefer?

Venusaur hands down. I don't hate Serperior, I did use it in my White version; but it just didn't ring for me. Meganium, Sceptile; Torterra, they all looked and played right for me. Serperior just looks too snobbish for me, and something about its nose really bugs me...

Which is more useful?

Either works well depending on the situation, but given that grass/poison only has the added weakness against psychic when compared to a Grass, and the weakness to bug being nullified; I gotta give it to Venus for utility

Who'd win in a fight?

A pure Grass type hitting a Grass/Poison type with a Grass move for less than .5 (don't know if I'm calculating STAB right or not, getting anywhere from round .5 to .375)
    vs
    A Grass/Poison type hitting a pure Grass with a Poison type move for nearly x3 damage....

Yah, one good Sludge Bomb and Venusaur nukes Serperior

(doesn't help the Kanto starter has better Sp. Atk and Sp. Def on top of all this)

Blog Entries

Venusaur for me. Serperior does have a pretty design, but I much prefer Venusaur's savage/brute appearance over Serperior's royal-like design. Also, Venusaur was my first starter and is my second favorite after Infernape.

Venasaur has it up on Serperior in typing and dominates as far as nostalgia goes, but I like Serperior and his movepool. I'd have to lean towards Venasaur.

There's just something in his 'yeah, start on me and you'll be getting a Solarbeam to the nuts' expressions that's crazy scary cool.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. Mewtwo

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast