23 39.66%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Venusaur vs Meganium

Default Re: Venusaur vs Meganium

Quote Originally Posted by G€no$e¢t View Post
    Venusaur, he can destroy Meganium with Sludge Bomb
    This.

Venusaur has always been my favourite grass starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

Venusaur. He is the best grass type starter in my opinion.

Definitely Meganium. Look at her. She's adorable.

WORK MAKES YOU FREE Shokktrooper's Avatar

They both suck, in my opinion. I chose Venasaur, because it can defeat Meganium in a fight with Sludge Bomb. Also Venasaur is the third Pokemon, which makes it cool.

Blog Entries

Neither of them is my favourite Grass starter, but I'll go with Venusaur because it could probably win in a battle between the two.

Venusaur because its not Meganium

Blog Entries

Wow, this ones honestly a touphie for me. Venasaur was the origonal grass starter, and im all about the originals, but Meganium has been one of my favorites since i was little. That aside, I'd have to say meganium.
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

In preparing for the inevitable review for Meganium in the future, I will give support for him, because I need to focus on the strengths on that Pokemon to fully appreciate him for his worth. Also, Meganium was chosen because I generally like defensive Pokemon. Also, I have a question for you all here: why do you think Meganium is the "black sheep" of the Grass starters?

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Why do you think Meganium is the "black sheep" of the Grass starters?

Personally I liked Bayleaf's design much more. May others might have felt that way. Then there's the fact that it looks more feminie. I've never had a problem with that though.

Competetively, its biggest flow is being utterly outclassed by Venusaur. Its Stat Spread is extremely similar to Venusaur. What Meganium can do(Walling), Venusaur can do much better. Venusaur can attack with having having to set up at all too.

Meganium has more support options but there are better Pokemon that tcan do what it does.

Basically, Meganium problem is not that its a bad pokemon. Rather, the problem is that its quite unremarkable. Just average even for NU.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Meganium. Favorite Pokemon :3

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    why do you think Meganium is the "black sheep" of the Grass starters?
    The obvious answer, like Jack pointed out, is that Meganium looks very obviously feminine. Not just compared to the other Grass Starters, but to the Starters in general. Seriously, look at everyone else. They all look either gender neutral (but leaning toward male) like Blaziken or outright masculine like Embuoh.

Now, I may just be making this up, but I think that the Pokemon franchise mainly caters (catered?) to young boys, which is why we have an overabundance of male looking Pokemon and a shortage (by comparison) of female looking ones. Being that the majority (even if by a small margin) of fans are guys, feminine looking Pokemon are not going to be as well revieved as masculine looking ones (though most won't see it this way consciously. They'll just think the manlier ones look "cooler for some reason" than the others). This is why I think Meganium's lack of popularity stems from.

Add in her subpar movepool and being outclassed by several Pokemon competitively and you got yourself a pretty unpopular choice.

Jack said it best. Competitively, Meganium is outclassed by Venusaur. I'm willing to bet Meganium's tier placement is directly related to Venusaurs. The higher Venusaur is in the tier placement, the higher Meganium will be.

The things it can do (cleric, bulky Grass type, team supporter) are done better in OU by Blissey and Celebi and in UU by Venusaur. That's three Pokemon people would rather use to Meganium, which is sad because she really is a great Pokemon. It's not a matter of how good she is, it's a matter of how much better others are.

Still, until GF decides to stop giving her the shaft and throw in some exceedingly good moves to her movepool (Baton Pass/Nasty Plot/Iron Defense/Amnesia/Power Whip/Earth Power/Stun Spore. Hell, Butterfly Dance and Dragon Dance. Come on GF! These aren't exactly out of Meganium's range. Why you be trolling?) in order to make her stand out, Meganium will be a wholly underappreciated (but still very useful) Pokemon.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Both of them are useless final form grass starters, but i'm sure that in a battle, Meganium would quickly be destroyed by Venusaur's STAB sludge bomb. Plus, Venusaur's cooler.
    Originally said by Albert Einstein
    Only 2 things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity. Though I'm not sure about the first one.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Umbreon View Post
    Both of them are useless final form grass starters, but i'm sure that in a battle, Meganium would quickly be destroyed by Venusaur's STAB sludge bomb. Plus, Venusaur's cooler.
    Please, explain why you think they're "useless final form grass starters"? I'm a huge advocate for both of them and would love a chance to discuss their performance with someone of a differing opinion.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

I will say Meganium. Always served me well.
    You're tearing me apart, Lisa!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Please, explain why you think they're "useless final form grass starters"? I'm a huge advocate for both of them and would love a chance to discuss their performance with someone of a differing opinion.
    They do have their uses, but at the end, most grass types don't prevail at the metagame. Is it common to find a venusaur or a meganium when playing Shoddy or NetBattle?No. What i'm saying is that they're weaked if compared to stronget pokémon more used in the metagame.
    Originally said by Albert Einstein
    Only 2 things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity. Though I'm not sure about the first one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast