29 58.00%
  • Other Rock Types

21 42.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyranitar vs. Other Rock Type

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Default Re: Tyranitar vs. Other Rock Type

Tyranitar is so much better than any other Rock-type Pokémon. There's simply no contest on who's better.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Though Tyranitar is pretty awesome, this question is too vague. Not all of the other rock-types are going to lose to tyranitar just because he's a pseudo-legendary.
    Last edited by Light of Aiur; 6th December 2010 at 12:53 AM.

I'm voting for my old buddy T-tar I can't remember how many times it pulled my fat out of the fire. And besides it has the highest BST of all rock types and is a contender for strongest dark type.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Tyranitar, IMO, is the only worthwhile Rock Type out there. It's just hard to respect a type when your favorite type (Water) completely and utterly owns it. Fortunately, Tyranitar is a HUGE exception.

Kabutops > Tyranitar > All non–legendary rock–types.

To me at least in terms of "who would win" and looks. Hydro pump and Brick Break. would MURDER that giant thing, unless it was quick enough to use Earthquake
    Seriously? Seriously? Seriously? Seriously?

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Terrakion deserves notable mention I guess. Ttar is just beast, but there a few good other rock types--though most all benefit from Ttar's Sand. Aero and Archeos don't really need / can't really use the Sand support, and some of the Sturdy users are probably better being put in at the start of the battle (w/ Stealth Rock and all mitigating Sturdy). Armaldo, Relicanth, and Rampardos can deal with other support, as can Abagoura.

Ttar is the best Rock hands down though.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

It's sad. Everyone liked one pokemon more then the entire type. Enjoy the Mach Punch. /rant

Sudowoodo is my favourite Rock-type. Who cares how powerful Tyranitar is? It doesn't look as awesome as Sudowoodo, or Golem etc.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kipper View Post
    Sudowoodo is my favourite Rock-type. Who cares how powerful Tyranitar is? It doesn't look as awesome as Sudowoodo, or Golem etc.
    how about you try lvl 100 sudowoodo with a lvl 100 T-tar ? it wouldn't stand a chance besides it's not about the looks that makes one pokemon strong .. its the S-T-A-T-S ..

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XTyranitarX View Post
    how about you try lvl 100 sudowoodo with a lvl 100 T-tar ? it wouldn't stand a chance besides it's not about the looks that makes one pokemon strong .. its the S-T-A-T-S ..
    Sudowoodo wouldn't be more than one hit (a low hit) out of the game. Even a Surf from Ttar (using Ttar's adequate Sp. Attack and Sudo's weaker desfense) might not take out Sudowoodo, not with Ttar's Sand boosting Sudo's Sp. Def.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by XTyranitarX View Post
    As I said, "who cares how powerful Tyranitar is?" - I like Sudowoodo a lot. And I'm sure I could find a way to beat a Tyranitar with one.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Blog Entries

Pretty unfair on tyranitar to be put to the test.

Anything that can beat my brother's uber level 100 mewtwo and the rest of his team at level 55 is great by my books.

Tyrantar is a huge rock dinosaur. Soooo cooool.

Spirit of the Divine Wind Kamikazen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

T-tar. Hands down. I would most likely choose T-tar over any othet rock types.

Some say I'm part opossum Opossumguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd pick Ishizumai and Iwaparesu over Tyranitar anyday. Think about it, who survived longer: Hermit crabs or Dinosaurs?
    I love opossums. They shall rule the world. Oh, and I should be more active now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12