50 60.24%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Typhlosion vs Blaziken

I need a new avatar. shayminrules's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow shayminrules On Twitter
    Visit shayminrules's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Typhlosion vs Blaziken

Blaziken. It got me through Sapphire almost all by itself. And when it first appeared, Fire/Fighting was a cool typing, not overused like it is now.
    Even though Typhlosion is pretty cool, Blaziken just wins this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    Blaziken is not overrated. Something is overrated when it gets praise from everyone despite not being good at all.

Like it or not, Blaziken is the single mist useful starter. Its so good, its considered broken. Thats not overrated.
    QFT.

Charizard is overrated. Blaziken is awesome. While I have developed a fondness fory Typhlosion as of late, Blaziken just wins this hands down.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

While liking Typhlosion more is no big deal, saying you like it more because Blaziken is overrated is just factuall wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    QFT.

Charizard is overrated. Blaziken is awesome. While I have developed a fondness fory Typhlosion as of late, Blaziken just wins this hands down.
    Some people still disagree on Blazikens banning which actually means its underrated.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

But wouldn't a Pokemon who's constantly called overrated for either its usefulness/uselessness be considered as underrated? Kinda like that hipster situation.

Yeah, Blaziken all the way for me. Both are cool, but Blaziken is just overall more useful and cool. The design of Typhlosion is somewhat bland when put next to that of Blaziken. Also, Speed Boost Blaziken is great, and really overshadows FF Typhlosion.

It's really an opinion as to whether it is overrated or underrated. I don't care that it's uber, it's STILL overrated. That's because I think competitive battling isn't the be all/end all of Pokemon. Sure, Blaziken would clean Typhlosion's clock, but I still think Typhlosion is a far better Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Sneaselz on Tumblr

Typhlosion, just because it was my Gold starter lol
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343
    Rock Safari: Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

Typhlosion always gets bonus points for the showing it made back in Gen 2. Back then I think it was a lot more useful than it is now. It could learn both Thunder Punch and Fire Punch, which for the purposes of Gold version made it possible for me to take on the entire Elite 4 as well as Lance with Typhlosion alone. Now it can't learn either. Best electric move it can learn is Wild Charge. SMH, its not as good as it once was. Still my favorite fire starter however. Gen 2 is the only generation where I liked the Fire starter the most.

Overall I think now Blaziken has the better movepool and the more useful ability. Its close and I hate to say it, but Blaziken would be the better pokemon to have on a team. However, my ultimate team would still contain Typlosion over Blaziken.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

While Blaziken learns my fav move Sky Uppercut... I still love Typhlosion. How many regions can you solo with a single starter? Johto with Typhlsion is perfect XDD
    The Immortal Femme Fatale of Doom

I like Blaziken better, because a martial-arts rooster is a lot cooler than a fire badger. Also Bkaziken is probably the best non-legendary in the game. Blaziken is way up in Ubers in Smogon's tiers, but Typhlosion is (sadly) in RU

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164....
    This is actually the line X + Y = 3.141

While I don't like either of them, I at least think Typhlosion looks all right while Blaziken is really ugly. Ugly seems to be an requirement for the fighting type. The fur on its head looks like badly styled human hair, it looks like it's wearing baggy pants and the idea of an anthro chicken just disturbs me a little. Besides, Cyndaquil and Quilava are epic.

Typhlosion. My favourite Fire starter. Cyndaquil is cute, Quilava is cool and Typhlosion is amazing. I dislike that it has the same stats as Charizard, but whatever, it's still really good.

I hate Blaziken, it just looks utterly ridiculous. (I like Torchic and Combusken though.)

Both have neat designs, but Blaziken wins for having a useful secondary type.

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Blaziken's a pretty badass Pokemon, so why not? I'd go for it in this case.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123