11 28.21%
  • Wattson

8 20.51%
  • Maylene

4 10.26%
  • Burgh

7 17.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third Gym Leaders: Lt. Surge vs. Whitney vs. Wattson vs. Maylene vs. Burgh

Registered User FatKidLovesCoke's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Third Gym Leaders: Lt. Surge vs. Whitney vs. Wattson vs. Maylene vs. Burgh

Simple enough, fave third gym leader out of all generations

EDIT: Mods, move if necessary, but please message me if you do
    http://tpmrpg.net/images/pokemon/ShinyMewtwo.png

I HASSSSSSS ONEEEEEE
    NO CHEATSSSSS OR TRICKSSSSSS

WHITE FRIEND CODE: 0389-8228-4741

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Third Gym Leaders: Lt. Surge vs. Whitney vs. Wattson vs. Maylene vs. Burgh

Surge rocks! So does Whitney and Burgh.
    But Maylene gets my vote, because she is the most amazing gym leader in DPPT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Third Gym Leaders: Lt. Surge vs. Whitney vs. Wattson vs. Maylene vs. Burgh

All of them are cool. I really like Maylene as well, but none of them can compare to my Whitney. She's the cutest, the funniest, and one of the toughest fights in the games. I love her and she's my favorite character of all times. Not just in Pokémon. As cool as everyone else is, there's no contest. It will always be Whitney for me ~ <3

"I'm sure that we and Pokémon have helped each other and enriched the world since ancient times. These memories have been engraved in each Pokémon's heart! So, I want Pokémon and people to get closer and closer! As the Champion, I want to tell that to everybody!"

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

I'm actually kind of embarassed to admit that I like Arti/Burgh more than the others. XD Though I liked more how he was portrayed in the original games and in the Spanish translation (Camus? Yes please!). And he uses Bugs, which recently became one of my favourite types. Plus, he became hilarious to me when I heard the gossip in the National Gymquirer. XDDDDD

If Platinum was the version considered for these polls, Melissa/Fantina would have won, but nope. Also, Tessen/Wattson is second, but by far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

It's either Maylene or Whitney. Whitney was never that hard for me; I just used an Onix to muscle through the battle. I guess I'd have to go with Maylene, though. It was pretty cool to face Lucario for the first time.

Offline for a while HexagonStephen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Burgh! I love his style! And his design. The gym was kinda weird, though. Where did he get all that honey? o_o

Also, I am offering my services as an Original Pokemon Trainer designer. It's free, but I might need time depending on your requests. PM for details if you are interested.

Offline possibly for the summer. Don't VM or PM me because I may not see it for a few months.

powered by the sun farewell, friend's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow farewell, friend on Tumblr

Whitney. Burgh creeps me out :c
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Friend code: 1306-6423-3472 | Friend safari: Flying | Instagram: neucidity|

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Burgh of course! He's original and creative.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Burgh. He just too fabulous to not win.
    Current Pokemon Black Team:

URPG Stats

Always challenge yourself in Pokemon. The toughest Pokemon make the game too easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Whitney! She's so awesome, cute and pretty *///*
    Don't care, I'm Leaving...
    Myeca Joanna, remember that name. Coz later in your Life, you'll be Screaming it.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is a tough one, the third gym tends to be pretty memorable...

Lt. Surge was interesting and had plenty of charisma. But... I guess his character didn't get much in terms of plot and stuff.

Whitney is hands down one of the most memorable Gym Leaders. If not THE most memorable Gym Leader (not counting the general public who only got past Brock anyways). That Miltank of doom and overall how she is basically That One Boss makes her to my eyes like Airman in Megaman.

Wattson. Wattson was my personal That One Boss. I learned the fear of stats, levels, and such from him. Having your entire party destroyed by an unavoidable move makes you stop relying on luck and sweeping ever again and to start thinking better. He also shows up later in the game, and I like his characterization. It even kinda fit how he taught me such a lesson the hard way.

Maylenne wasn't that interesting to me. As for Burgh... he is quite the opposite of Surge in that he got a plot coupon. He is also pretty charismatic too. (however he is found right after Aloe, who is basically awesome and unforgettable)

But anyways, I'll say Wattson, out of personal experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Well let's see. Whitney is a brat who is only training pokemon because it was the popular thing to do.

Wattson is meh.

Maylene is pretty cool and uses one of my favorite types... but I have this "ew feet" thing and her vs sprite makes me squeemish. >_>

Burgh also uses one of my favorite types and has an awesome gym and is an artist but...

I am horribly shallow. Lt Surge got a sudden sexy makeover in HGSS so he wins. : D He also also the owner of THE original puzzle gym and it made me want to punch him. They only became more innovative from there but at least his wasn't the same answer every time.

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Lightning American of course.

Love his outfit and persona.
    Last edited by Mako; 8th April 2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

Maylene, because that's the nickname of my best friend, so Maylene has grown on me greatly.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Surge is just shocking. /shot
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast