6 50.00%
  • Secret Sword

8 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Swordfight: Sacred Sword vs. Secret Sword

Do I have to be the ℍEℝO? Valkyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Swordfight: Sacred Sword vs. Secret Sword

So, out of the two, fighting type moves used by the Musketeers, which do you prefer?

Sacred Sword:

-90 Base Power
    -100 Accuracy
    -Physical
    -Ignores boosts to the target's defense and evasions
    -Learned by all Musketeers

Secret Sword

-85 Base Power
    -100 Accuracy
    -Special
    -Deals damage using the user's Special Attack stat against the target's Defense stat
    -Learned by Keldeo

So, which do you prefer? I think Secret Sword is the superior move because it utilizes Keldeo's high special attack and can defeat foes like Snorlax and Blissey with ease.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Swordfight: Sacred Sword vs. Secret Sword

They're both really good moves.

But only Terrakion has an especially strong Sacred Sword. Keldeo's Secret Sword is notable.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Blog Entries

Secret Sword is better, because you get Sp. Def. bulky Umbreon, then you whip out Secret Sword, utilizing Sp. Atk too.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Secret Sword can be learned by all musketeers via move tutor (as long as Keldeo's in your party), and my vote goes to that exact move as we really need more special-based fighting moves.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Secret Sword can be learned by all musketeers via move tutor (as long as Keldeo's in your party), and my vote goes to that exact move as we really need more special-based fighting moves.
    I think that only Keldeo can learn the move: it can learn it as long as all the others are in your party. That condition might be the source of your confusion.

Hmm... since Secret Sword can't be utilized with Swords Dance, I think that Sacred Sword is better.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Blog Entries

Secret Sword sounds cooler. Shhhhhh

Well I only just learned about it lol but Secret Sword sounds mad cool. And it can ONLY be learned by Keldeo. I guess whenever the event happens and you meet it, as long as all 3 musketeers are in your team they'll teach it the move. Which makes it strange that they can't learn it if they're the ones that teach it.

EDIT: I do feel the need to say that Sacred Sword is still a great move that gets work done!

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

To me, Sacred Sword is cooler. Secret Sword is obviously a lot more useful for Keldeo, but Terrakion's Sacred Sword is beast.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Sacred Sword would be my choice simply because it ignores Defense and Evasion. Not that I use the musketeers competitively in battle, but I wish there were more move variations of Sacred Sword because it's powerful and when boosted it becomes an even more powerful force that is difficult to avoid, or rendered by the foe's attempts.

Secret Sword is also good, but Sacred Sword is already a physical attack and has the effects stated above plus it's slightly higher base power. Also I think moves that are based on Special Attack and dealing Physical damage are over rated in my opinion.