Staraptor Vs. Braviary - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which Bird of Prey is better?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Staraptor

28 56.00%
  • Braviary

22 44.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Staraptor Vs. Braviary

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Staraptor Vs. Braviary

Argh, I absolutely love Braviary, he is one of the main reasons I bought White over Black, but I have to vote for Staraptor...

Braviary can hit hard as hell and he can learn Tailwind, but whilst he has excellent HP and decent defences, they're just not good enough to let him last as long as I'd like, he's nowhere near fast enough to keep up with the many enemies he'll face, and I wish he knew more moves to take advantage of Sheer Force. (Body Slam would be nice)

Staraptor can hit almost as hard, it has the (almost) always useful Intimidate, especially when combined with U-turn, and its better speed prevents many more Pokemon from striking first. Not bad at all for an early bird.

Who is this git?

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Staraptor. It's my favourite flying type so it wins over any other flying type aha. I just love that it can learn close combat and it looks awesome.
    Last edited by Muur; 13th September 2013 at 11:46 AM.

I love Braviary's design more, but Staraptor is much better in battle. But since I go mostly on design, I'm gonna vote for Braviary.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

I don't mind Staraptor as my go-to Sinnoh bird, but Braviary wins. It has some of THE highest stats of any bird Pokemon (outclassing Staraptor in everything but Speed, this eagle can definitely take a pounding), though it takes the longest for Rufflet to evolve. It has great abilities (Sheer Force for boosted attack power, Defiant to punish status moves), and can learn some great moves (Hone Claws and Rock Slide? FTW). The obvious downside is that as a male-only species it has zero egg moves, and it can't learn Roost by default (you have to tutor it).
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

I really like them both. But Staraptor was my second team member in Pt. But I really do like Braviary, I used him in both W and B2. And he represents freedom and stuff, which is cool and all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12