31 50.00%
  • Sharpedo- Jaws

7 11.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Speed Boost Competition: Ninjask vs Sharpedo vs Blaziken vs Yanmega

Diamond Protoss ;D Light of Aiur's Avatar

Default Speed Boost Competition: Ninjask vs Sharpedo vs Blaziken vs Yanmega

I don't believe anyone has made this yet. If this already exists please lock it or something... Anyways! The ability speed boost has generally been used by two pokemon, Ninjask and Yanmega. With the introduction of the Dream World in Black and White, two more pokemon have gotten a hold on the ability (Blaziken and Sharpedo). Each of these pokemon generally has a good variety of things they can do with the speed boosts they recieve, whether it's baton passing them or just using them to attack. Anyways, wich pokemon do you think uses the ability speed boost the best? Which do you prefer? Who would win in a battle?

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Default Re: Speed Boost Competition: Ninjask vs Sharpedo vs Blaziken vs Yanmega

Ooh... Hard one. Very hard one. I'll vote for Sharpedo, but Blaziken is extremely close behind.

Blog Entries

Blaziken rapes all of them, except maybe Sharpedo, but then again it is part fighting.

Plus fighting chickens rule.

Is that So? Lo? Sis? Steel_Justice's Avatar

Blaziken, Hi Jump Kicks faster than the eye can see = hilarity.

Screw the rules I have a Mudkip Motorcycle!
    3DS Name: Kyle
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4828-5602-4809
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Flying type: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

DW Blaziken.
    It hits hard, and gets a speed boost.
    The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
    <- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.

Bah, Ninjask is still the best Speed Booster Baton Passer around. :/ I voted for Yanmega, though, since he's cute and needs more love.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

Blaziken has the best design out of all the Speed Boost Pokémon, and its dual types allow it to defeat many opponents.

I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

Blaziken, naturally. It can hit hard and fast, a technique in which the other Speed Boosters fall short.
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

It's a hard decision for me between Blaziken and Sharpedo and I have to go with Sharpedo because of Blaziken's type combination.

Blog Entries

Blaziken is best, but Ninjask's speed won me it's vote.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

omgomgomg. I love Yanmega so my vote is going to the dragonfly. It's a close second between Blaziken and Sharpedo, though. (I don't care for Ninjask in the slightest).
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Ninjask VS Yanmega: Yanmega wins. Aerial Ace won't KO Yanmega, but Air Slash or AncientPower will KO Ninjask.

Ninjask VS Sharpedo: Ninjask wins. Unfortunately, Ninjask can win against the shark with X-Scissor. Unless Aqua Jet has enough of a punch.

Ninjask VS Blaziken: Blaziken wins. Again, Aerial Ace falls short. Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz/Fire Blast will incinerate Ninjask.

Yanmega VS Sharpedo: Yanmega wins. Unless Sharpedo comes with the odd AncientPower, Yanmega has it handled with Bug Buzz. One note here: Speed tie.

Yanmega VS Blaziken: Yanmega wins. It can kill with Air Slash; not much Blaziken can do without a miss.

Sharpedo VS Blaziken: The shark wins this one with higher base Speed and SE Waterfall/Hydro Pump.

Ninjask: 1 win
    Yanmega: 3 wins
    Sharpedo: 1 win
    Blaziken: 1 win

Yanmega's the winner in terms of battle performance. (Sharpedo's my favorite, though.)
    Saiga likes this.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

blaziken, because its competitively viable..
    It boasts a powerfull atk and spatk and decent coverage as well..
    Its so good that t was actually banned to ubers..
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which pokemon do you think uses the ability speed boost the best?
    Really, Ninjask has used this ability well as a Baton Passer. Blaziken and Sharpedo have both used them well too, but I don't feel to the same extent (I'm probably wrong though, as Blaziken going to Ubers shows). I feel more people use Yanmega with Tinted Lens... I do too :P

Which do you prefer?
    I don't particularly like Ninjask or Blaziken. I mean they're ok, but not exceptionally cool. Yanmega and Sharpedo I feel are better, though as I use a Sharpedo with Speed Boost I'll pick him.

Who would win in a battle?
    Not sure, though I know that Sharpedo can likely kill Blaziken. Yanmega and Ninjask could probably kill Sharpedo though with Bug Buzz/X-Scissor. Blaziken could beat both of them with a Fire move, but it might die to an Air Slash from Yanmega if it's not quick enough. Not really sure on this one, possibly Yanmega, even more likely if it got of a turn with Speed Boost.

I picked Sharpedo nonetheless :D
    Last edited by GengarEatBanana; 19th June 2011 at 07:13 AM.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Of course blaziken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast