Serperior vs Meganium vs .Sceptile vs.Venusaur vs. Torterra vs. Simisage

View Poll Results: Wo is the best Overgrower?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Venusaur

4 19.05%
  • Meganium

3 14.29%
  • Sceptile

6 28.57%
  • Torterra

3 14.29%
  • Serperior

5 23.81%
  • Simisage

0 0%

Thread: Serperior vs Meganium vs .Sceptile vs.Venusaur vs. Torterra vs. Simisage

追放されたバカ

Default Serperior vs Meganium vs .Sceptile vs.Venusaur vs. Torterra vs. Simisage

Who is the best Overgrower?

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Default Re: Serperior vs Meganium vs .Sceptile vs.Venusaur vs. Torterra vs. Simisage

By "Best Overgrower" does that mean who makes the best use of the Overgrow ablity or which Pokemon with Overgrow is best overall?

I think that Sceptile makes the best use of the ability. I believe it has the lowest defenses which means that it will likely be knocked down to 1/3 health fairly quickly. Then it can likely outspeed the opponent and hit them with a slightly powered up Leaf Storm.

As for overall best, I'd probably say Venusaur. It's fairly bulky, but can also hit pretty hard with decent attacking stats plus a diverse movepool. Plus it's access to Sleep Powder and Leech Seed makes it great for stalling.

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Serperior vs Meganium vs .Sceptile vs.Venusaur vs. Torterra vs. Simisage

The question was vague so I just voted my favourite of the 6. Meganium all the way baby!

Blog Entries

Torterra, one the best pokemon on my team and my fav grass starter :P

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    By "Best Overgrower" does that mean who makes the best use of the Overgrow ablity or which Pokemon with Overgrow is best overall?

I think that Sceptile makes the best use of the ability. I believe it has the lowest defenses which means that it will likely be knocked down to 1/3 health fairly quickly. Then it can likely outspeed the opponent and hit them with a slightly powered up Leaf Storm.

As for overall best, I'd probably say Venusaur. It's fairly bulky, but can also hit pretty hard with decent attacking stats plus a diverse movepool. Plus it's access to Sleep Powder and Leech Seed makes it great for stalling.
    I agree. I'd also like to add a couple of points.

1) Venusaur also has Chlorophyll, Growth and DroughtTales, making him the undisputed best Pokemon on this list.

2) Defensive Pokemon like Meganium, Serperior and Torterra don't like activating Overgrow because they have to be at low HP to do so, which is in direct contradiction to their tank-ish nature. This makes them the worst Overgrow users of the bunch. Venusaur will almost never choose Overgrow over Chlorophyll so he's probably out of the question and Simisage's movepool is so bad, it doesn't even get Swords Dance. Obviously, Sceptile is the most equipped Pokemon to use the ability in this list (though it, too, prefers doing other things that don't rely on losing 2/3 of its HP.)
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have used a swords dance meganium to decent effect on PO. Since neither of the mons here really need the ability, I will go with Meganium, since I find it cooler than the rest apart from what i said about its sd set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Sceptile likes Overgrow. The ability isn't really suite for the others since aside from Serperior, they hate being at low HP because opponents generally outspees them. Serperior itself has fail offenses so it likes Contrarian more.

Blog Entries

Sceptile uses it best. Venusaur and Serperior vastly prefer their DW abilites and Meganium kinda sucks and Torterra is decent
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458