Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rotation Battle

8 61.54%
  • Triple Battle

5 38.46%

Thread: Rotation Battle vs Triple Battle

Default Rotation Battle vs Triple Battle

they're both exclusive... Rotation for black and triple for white... but there is a huge difference between those two
    in my opinion
    Rotation battle Sucks cause every turn your opponent will switch anytime then attack... for example
    mine: bulbasaur= B, charmander= C, squirtle= S
    enemy: Pikachu= P, Poliwag= Po, Vulpix= V

..............P..Po..V.
    .C..B..S...............
    bulbasaur used vinewhip then the opponent will switch to vulpix then use flamethrower...
    that sucks T.T

while Triple Battle is ok it's like double battle depending on the pokemon's location
    like the right pokemon can't attack the left, and the left can't attack the right, and the center can attack all .

for me triple battle is the best ^.^
    Mah Best Team in Unova

Blog Entries

Default Re: Rotation Battle vs Triple Battle

To be fair to rotation battles, you can use the same strategy. The opponent's Vulpix uses Flamethrower against your Bulbasaur but you switch to Squirtle and proceed to Surf it. It works both ways.

Anyway, I voted rotation, but that's mainly because it's a black exclusive and I like Pokemon Black over Pokemon White. In truth, I'm largely ambivalent to both of them. I like to play singles mostly, so doubles, ,triples and rotations don't mean much to me.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rotation battles... rely far too much in mind games with a massive number of complex options at any time, and are a very harsh departure from the traditional battling.

To put it simply: most of the things you know about normal battles are basically useless in rotation battles. "Forced Switch"? "Revenge Kill"? Even the simple concept of countering is thrown out of the window.

They are a pretty unexplored type of battling, which IS a shame, at it seems it could have the most complexity the Pokémon metagame could offer. So they end up rendered as a pointless luck-guessing game.

I personally loved double battles and don't do anything else. Triple battles, I haven't tried much, but they seem pretty similar to double battles except there's a considerable ammount of deccisions made per turn that can screw you up if you make a wrong choice.

So I don't know which to say. I'd say Rotation is the more interesting, given how it could lead to some complex situations in the hands of advanced players.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Triple Battles are too focused on moves that hit everyone or hit far away opponents, and are basically complicated double battles. Rotation battles and their "inactiveness" for pokémon rotated out create a whole new (awesome) experience of mind games.

Blooming for 3000 years Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I like Triple battles better because rotation battles are annoying -.-

haha i agree destiny queen xD
    Mah Best Team in Unova

♥Allelujah Haptism♥ FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow FinalArcadia On Twitter
    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Definitely Rotation Battles, because those felt very different than the regular battles. Triple Battles were basically just double battles with one extra Pokemon on each side, which just seems pointless.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I prefer the rotation battle because it's different from all others and requires you to be a bit more quick on your feet for strategy and move choice. Triple battles aren't that interesting to me because it's just three against three instead of two, so not that different apart from making it a bit harder with an extra Pokemon on each side. Also in triple battles the screen gets a bit crowded with two many Pokemon animations all at once making them seem a bit out of place.

Pokemon Trainer since '98 PokePal15's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Re: Rotation Battle vs Triple Battle

I prefer Rotation over Triple Battles, probably because I got Black before White and am more used to it. But, I still believe it's a bit better because it does take more thought to pull off. Triple Battles are very similar to Double Battles, and while I do enjoy the latter (I really wish there were more in-game Double Battles), it's really not that novel. I feel like with Rotation Battles, it's easier to level-up weaker Pokemon, since all 3 are out on the field but only 1 battles at a time. It also takes more strategy and thinking since you never know which of your opponent's Pokemon will attack. It is an interesting deviation from the normal battle conditions that we have become accustomed to since R/B/Y and that always makes for more interesting gameplay, especially for those of us who have been there since the beginning.

And, I like to think, it reminds me more of some of the battle strategies used/seen in the anime.