Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Noivern vs. Crobat

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Default Noivern vs. Crobat

vs.

Besides sharing a common origin in bats, the similarities between these two cave-dwelling Pokemon run very deep indeed.

Both are speed demons with fairly average offensive power, with Crobat favouring physical attacks while Noivern prefers special moves. In battle they function very similarly, relying on disruption and stall-breaking rather than brute force. They have the exact same BST, HP, Defence, and Special Defence stats and both can have Infiltrator as an ability.

Which do you prefer, the wyvern boombox or the poisonous assassin?

Default Re: Noivern vs. Crobat

Noivern. It's one of my favorite Pokemon, and my favorite Gen 6 design along with Pangoro. It just looks cooler and I love using it in battle.
    Crobat's cool too, but it doesn't beat Noivern.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

I've never used either, but I'll say Noivern. Over the years I've grown to hate Zubat and Golbat so much that the hate has sort of carried over. Sorry Crobat :u

I have never really liked Poison types to begin with, Zubat's family included (them being the poster child for "goddamn bats" and all). Trudging through dark caves under the constant threat of poison and confusion is not fun.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I guess Noivern. I think its pretty ugly, butit's also kinda cool. Besides that, I was never overly fond of Crobat's design either. I've never used a Crobat, but I used Noivern in my first X team and liked it for the most part. I also like Noivern's typing more than Crobat's.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I have to choose Noivern, Crobat and its evolutions have been the source of so much grief for me. Zubat and Golbat are overly common (Pre-Gen V) and have annoying status moves like Confuse Ray to make them a chore to deal with, whilst Crobat's high speed and annoyer role makes it equally as irritating to deal with in competitive battles. Noivern, on the other hand, has a great special movepool, and an awesome rare move in Boomburst. It's very useful for triple battles, one of my favourite battle types, and it has a cry that sounds like an evil laugh.

Who is this git?

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Noivern has a brilliant design and inspiration, and I never expected to see a bat-dragon, or is that a dragon-bat? Noibat is pretty cute too. And the Noivern on my Y team is really good in battle. Easily one of my favourite Pokemon these days. Crobat, I do like, but not as much as Noivern. I won't deny its pretty useful, but it's design is a little bland compared to Noivern for me. Voted Noivern.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Yeah, Noibat is cute and emphasizes the 'bat' part of the design, but with Noivern emphasizing the 'dragon' part (being a flying-fox/wyvern/dragon thing) makes the new sonic bat (ahem) one sexy thing. Flying/Dragon is a known type combination (beware Ice), but it's got a lot of great moves, too. Especially Super Fang, really useful outside the competitive arena for catching wild Pokemon (regardless of level).
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Crobat is good. Noivern is great.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I like both, actually: I'm going to be the oddball out and go for Crobat.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Crobat, Noivern is just ugly. In theory, a bat dragon should be cooler than a 4-winged bat in every way, but Crobat is just designed better. Its more simplistic design just wins me over.
    Pokémon Master Ash and Julum like this.

Blog Entries

I like Crobat, due to being one of the few flying types that I liked since Generation 2. Just the recent moves buffs in Generation 6 just makes Crobat a superior supporter for any team. Also being the fastest Sleep inducing pokemon in the game is really nice (Annoyance ahoy!) and Haze is nice. Crobat's movepool isn't the best in the game but he can fulfill with many different roles with the moves he has. I also like his design and Golbat's design in Red/Blue~ It's so weird and funny... I wish it still had that tongue.

Still I have to say one thing about Noivern... it has the superior moves for hitting hard.
    3DS Friend Code: 2938-6354-1142

Claimed: Magic Bounce 29/10/13 Dowsing Machine 31/10/13 Weakness Policy 31/10/13 Mega-Mawile 31/10/13 Stored Power 1/11/2013

More Things to be Added!

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Mmm...this is pretty tough, because I've grown attached to Crobat ever since trying it out in Gen III. Noivern is pretty badass as well, mostly because of it's design, but I don't think anything else stands out from it. Gotta stick with Crobat on this one.

Blog Entries

Crobat gives me too much nostalgia. It's rooted pretty deeply in both the games side of me and the fanfiction side of me. Because it was one of the original cool pokemon.

It's even pretty interesting in competitive battling. There are quite a few pokemon that can be "omg choice specs draco meteor other powerful attacks", but there are very few pokemon that use something along the lines of Brave Bird/Taunt/U-turn/Roost and use all of those moves effectively and for different reasons. Only Gyarados and maybe Heatran approach that kind of diversity. Crobat is an offensive+defensive+support pokemon all combined into one (if anyone played 4th gen UU, you understand.)

I've always thought crobat was sort of ugly, really (sorry, old fans), but I really love noivern's design. Use your powers of deduction to guess which I voted for.
    Signed, Lord Kyuubi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast