Meganium vs Torterra - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Meganium

    25 41.67%
  • Torterra

    35 58.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Meganium vs Torterra

  1. #16
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Roswell, New Mexico
    Posts
    4,981
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    HOLD UP! does anyone not realize that you have to respect anyone who has beaten a johto game with meganium. it has the hardest path of any starter. also meganium would beat torterra due to the fact that it has more of an advantage. Lastly, meganium is UU and its retro. ya gotta love the oldies.

  2. #17
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,018
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    Meganium pwns, Chikorita was my first Pokemon and the one I beat the Elite Four with in Gold Version.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  3. #18
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    Meganium cannot hold a candle to anyone, let alone a STAB earthquake from Torterra. The turtle gets the win.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  4. #19
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,383
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    As much as I'd like to say Meganium, unfortunately Torterra wins it.

    Type advantage doesn't matter if you are fighting a massive armored tank. And while Meganium could attempt defense, it would be futile against this kind of opponent as well as he wouldn't be able to stand heavy attacks for long enough to cause much damage.

    About usefulness, I don't really know anything about Torterra's... but that OHKO it gets from ice types looks nasty. Either way, by now you probably know what I think about Meganium in regards of its utility, so I'll just say it wins in this.

    As for looks, I used to like Torterra more. But an specific thread made me find some love with Meganium.

    I still miss the leaf that made its preevos badass-adorable though.
    Last edited by Infinity Mk-II; 3rd November 2010 at 11:01 PM.

  5. #20
    Registered User Buizelfan!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia! FTW!!!
    Posts
    1,453

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    Torterra because Meganium is my least favourite pokemon...

  6. #21
    back to the start Arc Blader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,510
    Blog Entries
    19

    Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    Both get a bad rap for no real reason. I voted for Meganium, just because I prefer its design.

  7. #22
    Darkness Noctis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,984
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    Torterra has access to STAB Earthquake, so he's better than Meganium in my opinion.

  8. #23
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Roswell, New Mexico
    Posts
    4,981
    Blog Entries
    18

    Talking Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenStar View Post
    Torterra has access to STAB Earthquake, so he's better than Meganium in my opinion.
    yeah but torterra is so slow that if it tried to use earthquake on a fire type it would be dead before it could attack. my meganium can take sacred fire from a ho-oh so theres nothing thats gonna make me believe that torterra can win

  9. #24
    Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    80

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA-NIUM View Post
    yeah but torterra is so slow that if it tried to use earthquake on a fire type it would be dead before it could attack. my meganium can take sacred fire from a ho-oh so theres nothing thats gonna make me believe that torterra can win
    There's a noticeable level difference there, isn't there? Torterra actually has better physical defensive stats than Meganium so if she can take a Sacred Fire from Ho-Oh (highly doubtful in a fair scenario), then so can he.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  10. #25
    Unregistered User Rakarei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    City on the Edge of Forever
    Posts
    1,876
    Blog Entries
    206

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    There's a noticeable level difference there, isn't there? Torterra actually has better physical defensive stats than Meganium so if she can take a Sacred Fire from Ho-Oh (highly doubtful in a fair scenario), then so can he.
    I love how you not only tell the idiots who oppose you to shut up (in a nice way of course), but also the idiots who support what you believe. We need more people who just wage a general war on ignorance.

    And I voted Torterra mostly because it gets STAB EQ. It's a great attack to learn and a great attack to get STAB from.
    Secret butt fun!

    Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

  11. #26
    Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    80

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakarei View Post
    I love how you not only tell the idiots who oppose you to shut up (in a nice way of course), but also the idiots who support what you believe. We need more people who just wage a general war on ignorance.

    And I voted Torterra mostly because it gets STAB EQ. It's a great attack to learn and a great attack to get STAB from.
    Missinformation is missinformation, weather it benefits my argument or not.

    Besides, I like Torterra. Of course I'll defend him when he needs to be defended.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  12. #27
    IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Posts
    2,851
    Blog Entries
    31

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    My two favorite Grass starters... But Meganium wins of course. It has a special place in my heart. I have to admit Torterra wins competitively, because it has a broad movepool and STAB Earthquake. Meganium isn't that much of an attacker, but as MEGA-NIUM (love the name) says, Meganium is a challenge in-game. It proves that you have to actually trust your Pokémon and have them all at the same level to cover all types.

    I don't give a darn about competitive battling, so that area immediately gets thrown out the window for me. What matters to me is design and in-game usefulness, in which Meganium PWNS the rest. Torterra is an epic turtle, my 3rd lv. 100, and he too has a great design. Meganium takes the lead for its power and gracefulness, though.

  13. #28
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Roswell, New Mexico
    Posts
    4,981
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandWalker View Post
    My two favorite Grass starters... But Meganium wins of course. It has a special place in my heart. I have to admit Torterra wins competitively, because it has a broad movepool and STAB Earthquake. Meganium isn't that much of an attacker, but as MEGA-NIUM (love the name) says, Meganium is a challenge in-game. It proves that you have to actually trust your Pokémon and have them all at the same level to cover all types.

    I don't give a darn about competitive battling, so that area immediately gets thrown out the window for me. What matters to me is design and in-game usefulness, in which Meganium PWNS the rest. Torterra is an epic turtle, my 3rd lv. 100, and he too has a great design. Meganium takes the lead for its power and gracefulness, though.
    thanks im glad someone is with me on this. i feel like i've made the ultimate achievent when beating all of heartgold(including red) in one day with meganium. torterra cant even come close to something like that

    I've noticed something as ive played pokemon more. the only reason pokemon are OU is because ppl are made to believe that their the best. i dont believe in OU and uber being awesome. infact dispite that everyone doesnt seem to like meganium every pokemon is different. in truth(and make fun of my philosophy if ya want to) any pokemon, contrary to official stat bounderies can beat another. meganium can beat torterra wether ppl like to believe it or not. I say we should use pokemon we like not ones that others want us to. thats why i use grumpig and walrien. i believe that they are great and that belief has gotten me through many situations. I guess my main message is dont EVER overlook a pokemon because of its typical attributes. theres always one thats above the rest out there.

    thank you
    Last edited by Ryuutakeshi; 12th November 2010 at 12:00 AM.

  14. #29
    Fuck You, Stealth Rock sqwat500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,636

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    ^try to beat my arceus with a bidoof, then
    torterra wins, no contest
    ^Thanks Blazeaking Ex!

  15. #30
    God forgives, I don't. SinCosTan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    802

    Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

    Pokemon aren't OU because people are made to believe that particular Pokemon is the best. Pokemon are OU after large amounts of time invested into trial and error. Competitive communities test movesets, hold items, teams, how well certain pokemon work together to carry out their niche (whatever it happens to be). There's more to it than that, but those are just examples of what goes into a Pokemon being OU or, "standard". I don't play competitive battling but I am a bit of a "enthusiast". I find it interesting and I respect competitive battlers who put the time and effort into becoming the best players they can be.

    Do you think Meganium can hang in the same league as Tyranitar, Lucario, Infernape, Starmie, Gengar, Azelf, Machamp and Scizor? The answer is, "of course not". Tyranitar will set up and rip you a new one, EVERY SINGLE TIME.Want to use your team of Grumpig, Walrein and Meganium? Try the NU tier. You'll do well there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •