25 41.67%
  • Torterra

35 58.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meganium vs Torterra

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Meganium vs Torterra

HOLD UP! does anyone not realize that you have to respect anyone who has beaten a johto game with meganium. it has the hardest path of any starter. also meganium would beat torterra due to the fact that it has more of an advantage. Lastly, meganium is UU and its retro. ya gotta love the oldies.

Blog Entries

Meganium pwns, Chikorita was my first Pokemon and the one I beat the Elite Four with in Gold Version.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Meganium cannot hold a candle to anyone, let alone a STAB earthquake from Torterra. The turtle gets the win.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As much as I'd like to say Meganium, unfortunately Torterra wins it.

Type advantage doesn't matter if you are fighting a massive armored tank. And while Meganium could attempt defense, it would be futile against this kind of opponent as well as he wouldn't be able to stand heavy attacks for long enough to cause much damage.

About usefulness, I don't really know anything about Torterra's... but that OHKO it gets from ice types looks nasty. Either way, by now you probably know what I think about Meganium in regards of its utility, so I'll just say it wins in this.

As for looks, I used to like Torterra more. But an specific thread made me find some love with Meganium.

I still miss the leaf that made its preevos badass-adorable though.
    Last edited by Infinity Mk-II; 3rd November 2010 at 11:01 PM.

Torterra because Meganium is my least favourite pokemon...

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Both get a bad rap for no real reason. I voted for Meganium, just because I prefer its design.

Blog Entries

Torterra has access to STAB Earthquake, so he's better than Meganium in my opinion.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Talking Re: Meganium vs Torterra

Quote Originally Posted by FallenStar View Post
    Torterra has access to STAB Earthquake, so he's better than Meganium in my opinion.
    yeah but torterra is so slow that if it tried to use earthquake on a fire type it would be dead before it could attack. my meganium can take sacred fire from a ho-oh so theres nothing thats gonna make me believe that torterra can win

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MEGA-NIUM View Post
    yeah but torterra is so slow that if it tried to use earthquake on a fire type it would be dead before it could attack. my meganium can take sacred fire from a ho-oh so theres nothing thats gonna make me believe that torterra can win
    There's a noticeable level difference there, isn't there? Torterra actually has better physical defensive stats than Meganium so if she can take a Sacred Fire from Ho-Oh (highly doubtful in a fair scenario), then so can he.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    There's a noticeable level difference there, isn't there? Torterra actually has better physical defensive stats than Meganium so if she can take a Sacred Fire from Ho-Oh (highly doubtful in a fair scenario), then so can he.
    I love how you not only tell the idiots who oppose you to shut up (in a nice way of course), but also the idiots who support what you believe. We need more people who just wage a general war on ignorance.

And I voted Torterra mostly because it gets STAB EQ. It's a great attack to learn and a great attack to get STAB from.
    Secret butt fun!

Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rakarei View Post
    I love how you not only tell the idiots who oppose you to shut up (in a nice way of course), but also the idiots who support what you believe. We need more people who just wage a general war on ignorance.

And I voted Torterra mostly because it gets STAB EQ. It's a great attack to learn and a great attack to get STAB from.
    Missinformation is missinformation, weather it benefits my argument or not.

Besides, I like Torterra. Of course I'll defend him when he needs to be defended.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Blog Entries

My two favorite Grass starters... But Meganium wins of course. It has a special place in my heart. I have to admit Torterra wins competitively, because it has a broad movepool and STAB Earthquake. Meganium isn't that much of an attacker, but as MEGA-NIUM (love the name) says, Meganium is a challenge in-game. It proves that you have to actually trust your Pokémon and have them all at the same level to cover all types.

I don't give a darn about competitive battling, so that area immediately gets thrown out the window for me. What matters to me is design and in-game usefulness, in which Meganium PWNS the rest. Torterra is an epic turtle, my 3rd lv. 100, and he too has a great design. Meganium takes the lead for its power and gracefulness, though.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWalker View Post
    My two favorite Grass starters... But Meganium wins of course. It has a special place in my heart. I have to admit Torterra wins competitively, because it has a broad movepool and STAB Earthquake. Meganium isn't that much of an attacker, but as MEGA-NIUM (love the name) says, Meganium is a challenge in-game. It proves that you have to actually trust your Pokémon and have them all at the same level to cover all types.

I don't give a darn about competitive battling, so that area immediately gets thrown out the window for me. What matters to me is design and in-game usefulness, in which Meganium PWNS the rest. Torterra is an epic turtle, my 3rd lv. 100, and he too has a great design. Meganium takes the lead for its power and gracefulness, though.
    thanks im glad someone is with me on this. i feel like i've made the ultimate achievent when beating all of heartgold(including red) in one day with meganium. torterra cant even come close to something like that

I've noticed something as ive played pokemon more. the only reason pokemon are OU is because ppl are made to believe that their the best. i dont believe in OU and uber being awesome. infact dispite that everyone doesnt seem to like meganium every pokemon is different. in truth(and make fun of my philosophy if ya want to) any pokemon, contrary to official stat bounderies can beat another. meganium can beat torterra wether ppl like to believe it or not. I say we should use pokemon we like not ones that others want us to. thats why i use grumpig and walrien. i believe that they are great and that belief has gotten me through many situations. I guess my main message is dont EVER overlook a pokemon because of its typical attributes. theres always one thats above the rest out there.

thank you
    Last edited by Ryuutakeshi; 12th November 2010 at 12:00 AM.

Fuck You, Stealth Rock sqwat500's Avatar

^try to beat my arceus with a bidoof, then
    torterra wins, no contest
    ^Thanks Blazeaking Ex!

God forgives, I don't. SinCosTan's Avatar

Pokemon aren't OU because people are made to believe that particular Pokemon is the best. Pokemon are OU after large amounts of time invested into trial and error. Competitive communities test movesets, hold items, teams, how well certain pokemon work together to carry out their niche (whatever it happens to be). There's more to it than that, but those are just examples of what goes into a Pokemon being OU or, "standard". I don't play competitive battling but I am a bit of a "enthusiast". I find it interesting and I respect competitive battlers who put the time and effort into becoming the best players they can be.

Do you think Meganium can hang in the same league as Tyranitar, Lucario, Infernape, Starmie, Gengar, Azelf, Machamp and Scizor? The answer is, "of course not". Tyranitar will set up and rip you a new one, EVERY SINGLE TIME.Want to use your team of Grumpig, Walrein and Meganium? Try the NU tier. You'll do well there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast