• Meganium

28 31.46%
  • Serperior

61 68.54%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Meganium vs Serperior

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

Can somebody please explain to me what's so great about Jaroda's design? He doesn't even look that smug. And if you take his "personality" out of the equation, he just looks overdone and overstuffed with stuff. I think he looks pretty bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Of View Post
    Can somebody please explain to me what's so great about Jaroda's design? He doesn't even look that smug. And if you take his "personality" out of the equation, he just looks overdone and overstuffed with stuff. I think he looks pretty bad.
    As if Meganium is any better. She just grows bigger, gets a flower on her neck, and two stamen replace the more distinguishing feature of the previous two Stages. I love Meganium, but her design is extremely simplistic.

Jalorda looks colorful, regal, snobbish (Not smug LOL), somewhat devilish, and is overall fairly complex without being "overstuffed with stuff" as you claim. It's still a pretty simple, Pokémon-ish design, but it stands out way better than Meganium's.

Ultimately, to each their own. I like both after all. I'll go with Jalorda, though. She has much more personality than Meganium, a more striking design, and when it comes to the cute Grass Pokémon, I vastly prefer Bellossom, Vileplume, Cherrim, Doredia, Erufuun, Jumpluff, Virizion, and even Shaymin Land Forme over Meganium. Jalorda is also tied with Torterra for favorite Starter, whereas Meganium, even though my favorite Johto Starter, is the lowest in the scale.

In battle, Meganium has less of a chance despite Jalorda's abyssmal movepool. She can't hit as hard as Perversity Jalorda, and a couple Leaf Storms of increasing power would be enough to then shift to an effective Hidden Power and own her attempts at survival. In a team, Meganium is better for her supporting capabilities, while Jalorda is mostly a standalone. However, she still has uses, and her better design makes me pick Jalorda in the end.

"I'm sure that we and Pokémon have helped each other and enriched the world since ancient times. These memories have been engraved in each Pokémon's heart! So, I want Pokémon and people to get closer and closer! As the Champion, I want to tell that to everybody!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Meganium vs Serperior

Serperior is and looks pretty cool! While playing Pokémon Black, I loved its bulkiness and Coil is a pretty fun move to use.

Meganium, on other hand, is one of the worst looking fully evolved starters imo, which is a shame because Bayleef looks so cute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

I prefer...Serperior, personally. But it's a hard decision to make for me since I also love Meganium a lot. As far as who's more useful, that would once again fall to Serperior, since Meganium isn't really useful aside from probably setting up dual screens, and it's not really bulky nor fast enough to even do that, sadly (it's typing is also pretty bad for doing the job). As far as who's win, this would be the hardest one. Serperior I think would take the medal here. What's the worst that Meganium could do to it, after all? Serp can at least continuously damage it with like HP Fire or HP Ice or something until an attack crits (that is, if Meganium keeps recovering off damage), but I think Serp might win this one, unless Meganium somehow manages to stall it out.

Then again, there is Coil + Aerial Ace...but I feel that's terrible. But oh well, for the purposes of this match, I'd say Serp would win with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Markos on Tumblr Visit Markos's Youtube Channel

I just like Meganium better. Serperior looks cool, but I just doesn't get a free pass for that.

Claims: Ferrothorn, PokéGear, Nanab Berry, Megahorn, Dry Skin, Caesar, Morgan Black

20% Derpier in 10 Seconds Derpy Dash's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meganium, I did a simulator and a offensive un-boosted Serperior does only 18.4 - 21.7% to a bulky un-boosted Meganium with the move Leaf Storm, I would have mentioned Ariel Ace but that was even less effective then that, so for those of you arguing that about Ariel Ace have no argument, and if you are going for Leaf Storm that would be effective in a few turns in which Meganium would be setting up light screens and then it would be back in forth between the two, in which time Meganium can heal any damage and status effects Serperior, I also feel like I should mention that Hidden Power fire does a little less damage than an un-boosted Leaf Storm.
    Last edited by Derpy Dash; 3rd September 2013 at 07:15 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345