Meganium vs Serperior - Page 4

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Meganium

    28 31.46%
  • Serperior

    61 68.54%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66

Thread: Meganium vs Serperior

  1. #46
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Roswell, New Mexico
    Posts
    4,981
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudomaster View Post
    Who do you prefer? Jaroda. Meganium is ugly, weak, feminine and useless

    Who's more useful? Jaroda. Would make a good wall

    Who'd win in a fight? Jaroda. Same reason as before

    Who looks better? Meganium...just kidding, Jaroda again

    WINNER: JARODA!
    hey man don't go being a hater. some ppl here like pokemon even if the world sees them as weak. respect

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Deplete his bulk? NO he won't Coil/Calm-Mind RAISES both Defese and Offense and Meganium can never be a sweeper as her speed sucks. You have to be a fast to be a sweeper last I heard.

    Jaroda is far more versitile Being able to be a sweeper/wall on both sides of the spectrum and if he gets low health use Rest/Lum Berry combo. And I seen her stats (Wow only 5 higher than Jaroda) Plus Meganium doesn't learn any Flying or Poison type move (Except for Toxic) and the only bug move she learns is fury cutter. SO no she ca't really hit Jaroda SE unless you have Furry-Cutter on your move-pool.

    Arial Ace is a good move low power but it never misses while Fury-Cutter can (95% accracy great but again Arial ace is 100% accracy) Okay she learns Poison Power as well)

    And his stats aren't sub-par just because he can't outright hit doersn't make him useless (Okay that stands for Meganium as well) At least he can learn Coil/Calm-Mind to raise his stats
    not if your a sweeper tank. such as blastiose or walrein! lol walrein is my fave pokemon of all time and its NU!

  2. #47
    From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In the wind
    Posts
    1,401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    I really like Meganium... but... I have to give this one to Jalorda out of personal prefference.

    I'm trying to stay away from most gen. V information (even though I know it's futile)... So I don't know what does Jalorda do besides having high speed and defense.
    That sounds pretty unique and uncommon... but, probably with only very specific uses (and deppending on what does and doesn't it get its movepool might be inexcussably worse than Meganium with such an stat distribution). So Meganium still triumps in usefulness, and probably in a battle.

    However... I just like Jalorda's concept and design, even if it is horrible in battle.

  3. #48
    God forgives, I don't. SinCosTan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    Jaroda. I've hated Meganium since I was 9 years old.

  4. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    México
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    I like both pokemon, in desing. But!

    I've liked Meganium since I was a kid just because it's different from most starters ( looks more femenine, is built for support, has petals around her neck XD ) I've trained Meganium and I can assure that, she's one of the best grass pokemon ever created, seriously.

    Jaroda ( or Jalorda? ) looks wicked, malicious and bad-ass, I even have a wallpaper of it in my computer! I really like it, but... his movepool is depressing, really, I feel bad about it, I thought he was created to a fast sweeper, but no hell noooo! He's fast, and bulky... Dissapointing, still, I consider it a good pokemon worth training.

    My vote goes to... Meganium :)

  5. #50
    Registered User Guardian Of's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    This is tough but I'll go with Meganium because she's so damn cute.

  6. #51
    CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!! Startmirca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States, New York
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    Jalorda/Smuglord.

    He is a speed freak , can be a wall too , a special sweeper(2nd fastest + Antagonist + Leaf Storm) .

    Calm mind + Energy Ball + Mirror Coat(I bet Meganium wants Mirror Coat but Jalorda gets it instead) .

    While , Meganium can only wall , plus Jalorda has Glare , so opponents get paralized .

    The Smug snake wins it for me.

  7. #52
    Diamond Protoss ;D Light of Aiur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    I'll go for Meganium because Meganium's more of a team player. Also, I hate Snakes sooooo much!

  8. #53
    Formerly GTT Envoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    Quote Originally Posted by startmario View Post
    Jalorda/Smuglord.

    He is a speed freak , can be a wall too , a special sweeper(2nd fastest + Antagonist + Leaf Storm) .

    Calm mind + Energy Ball + Mirror Coat(I bet Meganium wants Mirror Coat but Jalorda gets it instead) .

    While , Meganium can only wall , plus Jalorda has Glare , so opponents get paralized .

    The Smug snake wins it for me.
    Meganium

    She's a tank, can wall too, she can support the team and protect from status, a physical sweeper (Swords Dance/EQ/Seed Bomb/Return [Outrage]. Give it a shot)

    Reflect/Light Screen + Synthesis + Counter (I bet Jaroda wants Counter but Meganium gets it instead).

    While Jaroda can only subseed, plus Meganium has Safeguard and Aromatherapy, so allies don't worry about Poison/Paralisis/Sleep/Burn.

    There are arguments for both sides of the story. You may like Jaroda more, but please don't write off Meganium without first acknowledging her assets.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  9. #54
    CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!! Startmirca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States, New York
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Meganium

    She's a tank, can wall too, she can support the team and protect from status, a physical sweeper (Swords Dance/EQ/Seed Bomb/Return [Outrage]. Give it a shot)

    Reflect/Light Screen + Synthesis + Counter (I bet Jaroda wants Counter but Meganium gets it instead).

    While Jaroda can only subseed, plus Meganium has Safeguard and Aromatherapy, so allies don't worry about Poison/Paralisis/Sleep/Burn.

    There are arguments for both sides of the story. You may like Jaroda more, but please don't write off Meganium without first acknowledging her assets.
    Yeah , But Meganium doesn't have the necessary speed to outspeed most opponents . So she might not outspeed most opponents , she was made to be defensive , but she has Counter and not Mirror Coat(which is the opposite of Counter) , or maybe I like Jalorda more because he can outspeed(good speed) and use it Leaf Storm and Antagonist , while Meganium's offensive options don't compare to Jalorda's best offensive's option(ANTAGONIST = BROKEN)
    Last edited by Startmirca; 7th December 2010 at 06:40 PM.

  10. #55
    Formerly GTT Envoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    Quote Originally Posted by startmario View Post
    Yeah , But Meganium doesn't have the necessary speed to outspeed most opponents .
    She doesn't have to. That's the beauty of being a wall/tank. Sure, you appreciate speed. But it's not make or break for you. It's not like, say, (Gen IV) Blaziken, who really suffered due to her speed problem (note that both Blaziken and Meganium tie in speed). A wall/tank is there specifically to take hits, that's the definition. Meganium, having better defensive stats than Jaroda in every category, is better equiped to wall than Jaroda is. Couple that with her access to a reliable recovery move and screens and you got yourself a tough wall to take down. Throw in Aromatherapy for team support and BAM, you got yourself an epic support/defensive Pokemon.

    But if you really care that much about speed, there are ways around that too. Meganium's speed gives it access to several strategies that, frankly, would be a waste of time for Jaroda due to his speed. ScarfJaroda is rather pointless, for example. Scarf is better suited for Meganium who can surprise opponents with fast attacks/heals and switch out. She's also a better Speed passing candidate than he is because, again, boosting Jaroda's speed is quite pointless. So even with a speed disadvantage (notably the only thing Jaroda beats Meganium in) she's still much more useful than he is.

    Really, the only thing Jaroda's got going for him is Antagonist. And even that is a mixed bag because Antagonist Jaroda can't make use of Coil or Calm Mind.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  11. #56
    CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!! Startmirca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States, New York
    Posts
    314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    She doesn't have to. That's the beauty of being a wall/tank. Sure, you appreciate speed. But it's not make or break for you. It's not like, say, (Gen IV) Blaziken, who really suffered due to her speed problem (note that both Blaziken and Meganium tie in speed). A wall/tank is there specifically to take hits, that's the definition. Meganium, having better defensive stats than Jaroda in every category, is better equiped to wall than Jaroda is. Couple that with her access to a reliable recovery move and screens and you got yourself a tough wall to take down. Throw in Aromatherapy for team support and BAM, you got yourself an epic support/defensive Pokemon.

    But if you really care that much about speed, there are ways around that too. Meganium's speed gives it access to several strategies that, frankly, would be a waste of time for Jaroda due to his speed. ScarfJaroda is rather pointless, for example. Scarf is better suited for Meganium who can surprise opponents with fast attacks/heals and switch out. She's also a better Speed passing candidate than he is because, again, boosting Jaroda's speed is quite pointless. So even with a speed disadvantage (notably the only thing Jaroda beats Meganium in) she's still much more useful than he is.

    Really, the only thing Jaroda's got going for him is Antagonist. And even that is a mixed bag because Antagonist Jaroda can't make use of Coil or Calm Mind.
    You realize that Jalorda can raise his Stats better than Meganium can , he can Coil or Calm Mind(without Antagonist) and Swords Dance(no DW ability) ? While Meganium only gets Swords Dance , Choice Scarf wouldn't be necessary for Jalorda since he is already fast as he is , a Choice Specs would be better with his DW ability with Leaf Storm which makes his boosted Leaf Storm stronger .

  12. #57
    Formerly GTT Envoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    Quote Originally Posted by startmario View Post
    You realize that Jalorda can raise his Stats better than Meganium can , he can Coil or Calm Mind(without Antagonist) and Swords Dance(no DW ability) ? While Meganium only gets Swords Dance , Choice Scarf wouldn't be necessary for Jalorda since he is already fast as he is , a Choice Specs would be better with his DW ability with Leaf Storm which makes his boosted Leaf Storm stronger .
    Yes, I realize that Jaroda can raise his stats better than Meganium can. It's one thing he has over her. Of course, with those moves, why would you want to set up screens with Jaroda? This harkens back to my original argument that Meganium is better at team support because her Reflect/Light Screen (which are wasted on Jaroda) can really help the team's overall survivability. Swords Dance is better used on Meganium though, since she has a better physical movepool (and physical attack stat) than Jaroda does.

    And really, Coil and Calm Mind are going to be a pretty big waste of space for most Jaroda becasue most players will want to abuse Antagonist (it's the only thing that sets him apart from other, better, walls like Blissey, Skarmory and Nattorei) and thus can't use Coil/Calm Mind.

    So while Jaroda has the stat raising advantage over Meganium in theory, in practice he's thorougly outclassed as a wall/supporter because the only thing that gives him viability and lets him stand out is also the one thing preventing him from exploiting his good defenses. For better or worse, Meganium doesn't have to worry about this.

    And I believe I mentioned multiple times how Scarf and Speed passing are wasted on Jaroda because of his good speed, but how they're great choices for Meganium because of her decent, but not overwhelming, speed. In the long run, Meganium can be much faster than Jaroda, but it takes more work. Which is why I'll concede to Jaroda having a clear speed advantage. Still, the original point was that Meganium couldn't be fast like Jaroda, which is false. She can, it's just not practical.
    Last edited by Envoy; 7th December 2010 at 10:14 PM.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  13. #58
    Diamond Protoss ;D Light of Aiur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    Really, the only thing Jaroda's got going for him is Antagonist. And even that is a mixed bag because Antagonist Jaroda can't make use of Coil or Calm Mind.[/QUOTE]

    This practically sums up my reasons for voting for Meganium over Jaroda. One thing I don't understand. Why can't Jaroda use Coil when he has Antagonist? Does it have a draw back or something?

  14. #59
    Formerly GTT Envoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    Quote Originally Posted by ODDJOB>jaws View Post
    This practically sums up my reasons for voting for Meganium over Jaroda. One thing I don't understand. Why can't Jaroda use Coil when he has Antagonist? Does it have a draw back or something?
    Antagonist reverses all stat alterations. Stat drops become stat boosts and stat boosts becomes stat drops.

    So, if Antagonist Jaroda uses Leaf Storm, his attack stat will rise two stages instead of dropping two stages.

    However, if Antagonist Jaroda uses Coil, his attack and defense will drop one stage each instead of rising one stage each.

    So really, Antagonist Jaroda can only have Leaf Storm as the sole stat altering move in it's moveset.
    Last edited by Envoy; 7th December 2010 at 10:24 PM.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  15. #60
    Very fruity and batty. Noivern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Don't look for it.
    Posts
    7,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    195
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

    Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

    Jalorda wins for me because I actually use him. And Meganium... not so much. Ended up as my temp HM slave. Also, design wise, well, Jalorda. No contest.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •