• Serperior

61 68.54%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meganium vs Serperior

Blog Entries

Default Re: Meganium vs Jaroda

Quote Originally Posted by Buizelfan View Post
    Me too,

If you substitute Sceptile's sweeping stats to Jaroda then sweeping Jaroda defeats Meganium. Wouldn't that just mean that Sceptile defeated Meganium? I used Sceptile as an example because its attack stats are similar to Jaroda, and as we don't have an information on a fully ev trained Jaroda, this is the most accurate comparision

Meganium gets Hidden Power? So does Jaroda, who also gets Aerial Ace and sure, Meganium will have a higher attack, but the point is, Jaroda is faster. Combine that with a poor defense to compensate a high attack and Meganium is screwed. So again, sweeper Jaroda is better than sweeper Meganium
    Sceptile's Attack stat is 85, Meganium's is 82, Jaroda's is 65. Her sweeping stats are actually closer to Sceptile than Jaroda.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

the pretender Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Jaroda's is 65.
    75, actually. That goes for both attack stats. Not that you don't still have a point, just the perfectionist in me getting the best of myself. ;P
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Sceptile's Attack stat is 85, Meganium's is 82, Jaroda's is 65. Her sweeping stats are actually closer to Sceptile than Jaroda.
    Again, the point was made to allow for a close comparision. It is not meant to be 100% accurate. As we don't have the data for the stats of a physical sweeper Jaroda, this is the closest pokemon to compare it with

I like Meganium disign more

I like Jaroda more because its a newer Pokemon and the design is more better (in my opinion) and its just naturally cool and all.

Revisiting Synthesis vs. Aerial Ace. I just remembered something - Synthesis only has 5PP, and how much does Aerial Ace have? 20PP
    "Synthesis is reliable because the only way it won't heal half of her HP is if the extremely situational unfavorable weather happens"
    Looks like Synthesis isn't that reliable after all...

"Conversely, Meganium has both Leech Seed and Synthesis" Here is the unfortunate thing for Meganium - Leech Seed doesn't work again other grass types.

So it looks like Giga Drain, Jaroda's move is the most reliable.

And I'd like to throw something else in. Jaroda's dream world ability, 'Antagonist' reverses changes in stats caused by moves. So everything Jaroda uses Leaf Storm, in the dream world, he will receive a big increase in his special attack stat. What does Meganium recieve? Leaf Guard. Obiviously not as good as Jaroda's awesome ability.

Folks, it should now be clear that Jaroda is better than Meganium

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buizelfan View Post
    Revisiting Synthesis vs. Aerial Ace. I just remembered something - Synthesis only has 5PP, and how much does Aerial Ace have? 20PP
    "Synthesis is reliable because the only way it won't heal half of her HP is if the extremely situational unfavorable weather happens"
    Looks like Synthesis isn't that reliable after all...

"Conversely, Meganium has both Leech Seed and Synthesis" Here is the unfortunate thing for Meganium - Leech Seed doesn't work again other grass types.

So it looks like Giga Drain, Jaroda's move is the most reliable.

And I'd like to throw something else in. Jaroda's dream world ability, 'Antagonist' reverses changes in stats caused by moves. So everything Jaroda uses Leaf Storm, in the dream world, he will receive a big increase in his special attack stat. What does Meganium recieve? Leaf Guard. Obiviously not as good as Jaroda's awesome ability.

Folks, it should now be clear that Jaroda is better than Meganium
    Synthesis is still more reliable. With PP MAX, it has 8pp, not 5. And it's still more reliable. Meganium can probably survive 2 AA from Jaroda before needing to heal, in that extra turn, it can HP. She'll take him out before he wears her down. Also, Synthesis is more reliable in general as it doesn't depend on the opponent's stats and typing to heal you. The only thing that can hinder it is the weather. Giga Drain is just inferior. It's a fact, not an opinion. Nice try.

Oh, and all my arguments have taken Antagonist Leaf Storm into account. I haven't been neglecting it all this time.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Jaroda. I love its design (best of the Isshu starters imo) and I like that it's got good defences & even better speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Jaroda. I worship it (not really) it's awesome!!!

I prefer Meganium. Meganium is an awesome pokemon that people don't like. I honestly love the Meganium line and is my starter in soul silver. I'm going with Meganium.

IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Blog Entries

Meganium for sure. I'm not that attracted to Jaroda's design, although he is very cool. Meganium is, and will always be, my favorite Pokémon.

Blog Entries

I voted Meganium because it's design (ugly as it may be) is superior to Jalorda's...Smugleaf and Janovi are awesome! But Jalorda's design ruins them...

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Oh...0.0
    I like Jaroda's design better 0v0
    If it was Chikorita vs Tsutarja then maybe I would have voted for the former...

Smuglord wins for me. He is just that awesome, and a tad more interesting than dino-plant Meganium.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Archosaur Enthusiast Spikeheila's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jaroda would just vore meganium :D
    Electric Friend Safari: Luxio, Electabuzz, Pachirisu.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast