Who do you like better?
Who would win in a fight?
Who would you rather have on your team?
(Anyone who hasn't heard the news yet - yes, it's official!)
Here's a quick objective breakdown of the two:
Mega Charizard X
- Exclusive to Pokemon X
- Fire/Dragon typing, like Reshiram. Compared to regular Charizard's Fire/Flying type, X loses the vulnerability to Water and Electric, and is less vulnerable to Rock, but also loses the immunity to Ground and, of course, is now vulnerable to Dragon. Does NOT become vulnerable to Fairy (Fire resists Fairy).
- Boosted physical Attack score. "Tough Claws" ability further boosts all moves that make contact.
- Still eligible for Sky Battles.
Mega Charizard Y
- Exclusive to Pokemon Y
- Still Fire/Flying.
- Boosted Special Attack score.
- Comes with Drought and everything it entails (protection against Water, Sunnybeams, etc.)