Luxray vs. Pyroar

View Poll Results: Which lion do you prefer?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luxray

13 76.47%
  • Pyroar

1 5.88%
  • Either/equal

3 17.65%

Thread: Luxray vs. Pyroar

Default Luxray vs. Pyroar

a.k.a, a war of the lions (with sincere apologies to the Final Fantasy fans).

Luxray
    - Sinnoh native Electric-type Pokemon
    - Abilities: Rivalry/Intimidate and Guts
    - Three-stage evolutionary line (final form at Lv.30) with subtle visual differences between genders in all forms
    - 523 stat total with a strong point in physical Attack (120) and a moderate Sp.Atk (90)

Luxray is more physically oriented and quite a bruiser at that, though high-powered Electric moves tend to be Special instead. Luxray does get Wild Charge and Volt Switch can combo with Intimidate, but is relatively slow for an Electric type. Only one elemental weakness is easier to guard (the downside being only 3 resistances) and it can learn most biting moves (Bite, Crunch, and the whole trio of elemental fangs).

Pyroar
    - Kalos native Fire/Normal Pokemon
    - Abilities: Rivalry/Unnerve and Moxie
    - Two-stage evolutionary line (evolves at Lv.35) with clear visual differences between genders in final form
    - 507 stat total with a strong point in Sp.Atk (109) and Speed (106)

Pyroar is Specially oriented and much faster (Sp.Atk and Speed are similar to Delphox's). The typing gives it four elemental weak points but it can learn Wild Charge and Solarbeam for some off-type coverage. The secondary Normal typing also grants STAB on moves like Take Down, Hyper Voice, and in particular Hyper Beam.

So . . . which big cat is your favorite?
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Blog Entries

Default Re: Luxray vs. Pyroar

I pick Luxray. He's been quite the surprising asset in my team, and one of my favorite Electric Pokémon. He's that unusual Electric type going against the norm in the trends, and while not spectacular, it works fairly well enough. Plus its design is cooler and fierce. I never really liked Pyroar's design. At least the male design. That oversized mane looks awkward to me, especially with those colors. The female is better, though still makes me think of Pidgeot as a lioness. So yep. Luxray for me.
    lol I got bored.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've used both, and I do have to say I prefer Luxray. Pyroar is probably the better one in competitive battle and can learn a lot of good Special moves, in addition to being fast. It also has a really cool design; I have to say I like the female more, but the male's Kanji mane is just a cool. It's been one of my best Pokemon in Wi-Fi battles when paired up with MegaCharizard Y and the Normal-type does a lot more good for it than bad, in my opinion.

But I like Luxray a lot more. It has one of the coolest sounding cries to me and has a pretty fierce design. Plus, it can see through stuff, which is awesome! While it is a bit on the slow side, it's high Attack makes up for it if you can give him a little boost or slow down your opponent. Even its Special Attack is usable, compared to Pyroar's Attack. I also think it got the better Abilities. Intimidate and Guts overshadow Pyroar's Unnerve and Moxie. Plus, I have a lot of nostalgia with Shinx, so I think I'll go with Luxray~

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I like both since they're both lions and lions are my favorite animal, but as a favorite I'm going with Luxray. Well, first of all, Shinx was the very first Pokémon I ever caught and raised, so nostalgia points. I also like it's design a bit more even though Pyroar looks more lion-like. And I do have quite a fondness towards electric-types in general.

So, I vote Luxray.

I've got a lot of nostalgia for the Sinnoh lions too.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

I found Pyroar a lot more effective since it's suited to a high Sp Att. Design wise I'm not so sure, so overall I prefer Pyroar.

On which note, designwise, I prefer the female Pyroar over the male Pyroar.

Blog Entries

The only thing I associate Luxray with is my brother's in-game team, and the only thing I associate Pyroar with is my fanfiction, which I wrote before we knew stats/moves so in the story he was basically just a Fire Blast turret.

That said, I think I prefer Pyroar now that I know what his actual moves are. He seems more... agile that Luxray, so he seems like a better predator. Female Pyroar looks like the best hunter of them all, actually.

Blog Entries

Pyroar is just too ugly, in my opinion. I prefer Luxray.
    My GPX+
    My 3DS FC is 5412-9933-2792.
    DON'T
    like my posts. It just annoys me.

Blog Entries

They're both cool, but I played through Platinum with a Luxray, gotta go Luxray.
    URPG Floaroma Gym Leader!