• Kingdra

10 58.82%
  • Gyrados

7 41.18%

Thread: Kingdra vs Gyarados

Blog Entries

Visit Teapot Salty's Youtube Channel

Default Kingdra vs Gyarados

Hey guys, this is my first thread and I thought I'd start it with a vs. Alright so we have the the two undersea dragons. Ironically the more dragon looking one is part flying. Kingdra features balanced stats and a great movepool, well Gyarados features high attack and two great abilities. Each one has the same bst. Which do you like better? Who has the better design? Who would win in a fight.

Personally I love Kingdra, but I have to many good memories of shredding my competitive opponents with Gyarados, so it gets my vote.
    Last edited by Teapot Salty; 24th June 2013 at 05:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Visit Teapot Salty's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Kingdra vs Gyarados

sorry about the spelling on the pole

Power of the Player Metal Heroine's Avatar

Kingdra, it's because he has only 1 weakness, and what you said about him.

Visit songokucrazy's Youtube Channel

gyarados has better design and higher attack, fits me better
    Last edited by songokucrazy; 29th June 2013 at 01:54 PM.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kingdra by a mile. I don't like Gyarados. Besides, Kingdra's such an absolute beast under rain that they had to install a complex Drizzle ban in part to deal with it.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Kingdra! I really like both, but Kingdra is one my utmost favourites. It has a really cool typing and design. Gyarados is good, too, but overall I just like Kingdra much more.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Registered User PKMN Master Red's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gyarados has the better design and suits me better, so yeah, Gyara wins this one ;)

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Gyarados wins this one, and via a couple of different ways. If it's Intimidate Gyarados, then it's definitely gg for Kingdra. This essentially allowed Gyara to set up a free sub in Kingdra's face, or perhaps set up Dragon Dance, one or the other. And then it can proceed to EQ/Bounce or whatever in Kingdra's face until it gets KO'd. There's really not much Kingdra can do against Gyara other than Outrage, in which it'll be a fairly weak attack after Intimidate takes effect.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saeyru View Post
    Gyarados wins this one, and via a couple of different ways. If it's Intimidate Gyarados, then it's definitely gg for Kingdra. This essentially allowed Gyara to set up a free sub in Kingdra's face, or perhaps set up Dragon Dance, one or the other. And then it can proceed to EQ/Bounce or whatever in Kingdra's face until it gets KO'd. There's really not much Kingdra can do against Gyara other than Outrage, in which it'll be a fairly weak attack after Intimidate takes effect.
    Kingdra's supposed to just sit there and let Gyara do anything it wants? How about setting up a Rain Dance to double its speed (not that it isn't already 14 points faster than Gyarados already.) Or just use Draco Meteor. Fun fact: a specially offensive Kingdra with Choice Specs using Draco Meteor will OHKO offensive Gyarados 100% of the time. (It does 101.81%-119.94%)
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Warrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeyru View Post
    Kingdra's supposed to just sit there and let Gyara do anything it wants? How about setting up a Rain Dance to double its speed (not that it isn't already 14 points faster than Gyarados already.) Or just use Draco Meteor. Fun fact: a specially offensive Kingdra with Choice Specs using Draco Meteor will OHKO offensive Gyarados 100% of the time. (It does 101.81%-119.94%)
    I suppose you're right about that, as I forgot about Draco Meteor. I was only accounting for it's STABs, like Waterfall and Outrage, and thought that Kingdra was more or less helpless. When you take into accounts Specs Kingdra, then it's a definitely challenge for Offensive Gyara, but Resttalk Gyarados (idk, people use that? It shows up as a set so I'm assuming so, I don't play OU as much, so...) might be able to wear down Kingdra thanks to the added bulk.

240+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Gyarados: 297-351 (75.57 - 89.31%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So it can just rest off the damage and stall it from there, I think that's the only way Gyara is able to "win" against Specs Kingdra.

Blog Entries

Kingdra all the way.