48 60.00%
  • The pig

32 40.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Infernape vs Emboar

Blog Entries

Default Re: Infernape vs Enbuoo

Quote Originally Posted by Rakarei View Post
    I had to go with the monkey. Yes it's a Blaziken repeat, but the pig was not only a type recycle for the third time in a row, but it was apparently inspired by the same thing the monkey was. So not only was the monkey a Blaziken rip off, but the pig was a monkey rip off.
    gamefreak should have pay closer attention to the story. The pig instead of fire/fighting should been water/fighting.

The Blastoise line, Feralitgatr line, and Daikenki line are all pure water.
    As are the Meganium line, Sceptile line, and Smuglord line, except all plant.

Do we hear people bitching about THAT?

As I have said in Infernape's defense in the past, Fire/Fighting is a type reserved for those who are truly epic enough to have them. Blaziken lead first because he kicked the ass of boring fire-dragon Charizard.

Infernape was just as awesome. Flaming chickens and flaming monkeys. You knew the party was just getting started. Now with Gen V, we have to turn the epicness up to eleven! So what next?

Enbuoh is the next step. A flaming pig is just as awesome as a flaming chicken/monkey.

I don't battle competitively often, so I don't care about who is more "useful" base-stat-wise. All I know is that in my Pokemon White, my dear Boca the Enbuoh will be standing beside White-kun as they face Zekrom together...

I will not chose between the two. I love Infernape and Enbuoh equally.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post

As I have said in Infernape's defense in the past, Fire/Fighting is a type reserved for those who are truly epic enough to have them. Blaziken lead first because he kicked the ass of boring fire-dragon Charizard.

Infernape was just as awesome. Flaming chickens and flaming monkeys. You knew the party was just getting started. Now with Gen V, we have to turn the epicness up to eleven! So what next?

Enbuoh is the next step. A flaming pig is just as awesome as a flaming chicken/monkey.

I don't battle competitively often, so I don't care about who is more "useful" base-stat-wise. All I know is that in my Pokemon White, my dear Boca the Enbuoh will be standing beside White-kun as they face Zekrom together...

QFT. I still don't really like Infernape design wise (besides being just another fire monkey out of half a dozen now), and I didn't like Enbuoo at first. However, Enbuoo has grown on me, so I voted for Bacondorf.
    Normal Safari: Liliipup, Audino, Chansey

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Is Enbuoo supposed to be a nacho wrestler? Sorry I don't know what word to use other than nacho. But I'm sure most of you know what I mean.
    Design-wise, I like Infernape, even better than Blaziken's in my opinion.
    In terms of stats, Enbuoo kinda reminds me of Hariyama.

I choose Infernape regardless of the stats. It's Goku, come on! =)) xD
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Enbuoo. Simply because I like his design better.

Impossible Spell Card Scarlet Sky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Infernape<Enbuoo
    Cause Enbuoo looks like Ganon. XP And Infernape is quite overrated.
    I dunno why they made Enbuoo Fire/Fighting though... he doesn't look the part IMO. :/ Maybe it was a type combo typo?

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The difference is that pure Water and pure Grass is the default, with everything else being a bonus.

The Fire type default is pure Fire, not Fire/Fighting, which is why it gets more hate than the pure breds.

Also, I think that Fire type Starters need more purebreeds. As of Gen V, the only pure Fire Starter is Typhlosion. We need more of those.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Agreed. I feel it's equally egregious that Jalorda and Daikenki are pure Grass and Water respectively, as it is that Enbuoo is Fire/Fighting again. They could've done so much more with these designs. At the very least, Daikenki should have been Water/Fighting. When there's a Legendary Trio and an event Pokémon that are a mix of quadruped animals and the three Musketeers, and despite that, can be Fighting Type, it's pretty sad Daikenki isn't. Because a freakin' Samurai Otter/Sea Lion thing can't be Fighting Type, while French Swordsmen animals can. Even with Kerudio, that'd be only 3 Water/Fighting Types. How many Bug/Flying Types we have? Or let's not go that far... how many Water/Ground Types? Yeah. Critical oversight. :/

Jalorda is a bit harder to define, but even the generic Grass/Poison would've done wonders. People probably would bitch about the only other alternative (Grass/Dragon) anyway. The other real life snakes, which Jalorda is closer to, are all Poison Type too. Anything to make them slightly more interesting.

So yeah. I don't see what's so bad about Fire/Fighting. At least it's a great Type Combination. I guess it's a whole "in a row" stuff. But if that was the case, people wouldn't say Salamence is a rip off of Dragonite, despite coming two Generations after him, and being completely different in design and Stats. I guess any Pokémon with the same Type(s) as another is a rip-off. lol

Oh well. In this match-up, I pick Enbuoo. I like pigs myself, and if I didn't want to train Mitsuko the snake bitch so badly, Enbuoo would be my Starter to pick in 5th Gen. It focuses in raw power, but with some more lastability than the previous two. Infernape is cool, but not as cool as either Blaziken or Enbuoo, so I pick the fiery pig.
    lol I got bored.

Blog Entries

I still remember the first time I laid eyes on Infernape. I'd signed up to have him as a starter in a Pokémon text based RPG. I didn't play much Pokémon then, so I looked him up on Bulbapedia (which was also a very new thing to me). Chimchar was odd but cute. Monferno had a dumb ridge thing on his face, and then I clicked Infernape and immediately said "Damn, that thing looks bad-ass."

When I first saw Enbuuo, however, that was a different story...I shat brix. That thing was UGLY, but he's grown on me. I'm really excited to use him as my starter in White.

Turns out they're both based off the same story and they're both really cool, but in the end, it goes to Infernape for being faster.

CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!! Startmirca's Avatar

Embuoo .

But I don't get why people hate them for having Blaziken's typing(who was the original Fire/Fighting)and are called copies .

I mean , Gallade has Medicham's typing , but no one hated him , almost everyone prefers him over Medicham just as if he was the original one.

Also , Salamence and Dragonite have the same typing and same base stat total (600), but no one called him a rip-off , he is considered better than Dragonite .

I don't get why people call Infernape and Enbuoo rip-offs of Blaziken , they only have Blaziken's typing , that's all .

Infernape and Enbuoo don't deserve they hate they get.

Formerly Wachamp Neon_Seadra No. 10's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually like Infernape, so I'm gonna go with him. Blaziken is still better

Enbuoo just looks dumb to me.
    My Seadra's brighter than your Seadra.

The Blog

Thanks to IslandWalker for the Avatar!

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Definitely Infernape. Both by design, moves, and all else.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

hell. where do i start? nape copied blaziken. that was kinda ok.
    but then emboar? come on. (and yes, i'll bet anything thats its english name) what sucks about emboar is that it only learns one fighting attack by lv. blaziken and infernape learn pretty decent ones. the only thing that emboar has that the other two lack is better fire attacks. another way they spiced it up was they made it more defensive than nape and blaziken. so... even though i hate infernape it wins this one.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by startmario View Post
    Embuoo .

But I don't get why people hate them for having Blaziken's typing(who was the original Fire/Fighting)and are called copies .

I mean , Gallade has Medicham's typing , but no one hated him , almost everyone prefers him over Medicham just as if he was the original one.

Also , Salamence and Dragonite have the same typing and same base stat total (600), but no one called him a rip-off , he is considered better than Dragonite .

I don't get why people call Infernape and Enbuoo rip-offs of Blaziken , they only have Blaziken's typing , that's all .

Infernape and Enbuoo don't deserve they hate they get.
    i dont mean to be off topic here but anyone who prefers gallade over medicham has another thing coming

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Enbuoo for better move sets and looks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast