I'm on a boat! Vermilion VS Olivine VS Slateport VS Lilycove VS Canalave VS Castelia!

View Poll Results: Best port city

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vermilion

4 9.76%
  • Olivine

5 12.20%
  • Slateport

3 7.32%
  • Lilycove

12 29.27%
  • Canalave

4 9.76%
  • Castelia

13 31.71%

Thread: I'm on a boat! Vermilion VS Olivine VS Slateport VS Lilycove VS Canalave VS Castelia!

Follow Chika on Tumblr

Default I'm on a boat! Vermilion VS Olivine VS Slateport VS Lilycove VS Canalave VS Castelia!

Battle between the port towns of each region!

Vermilion City is Kanto's representative having the S.S. Anne normally bring you to the Sevii Islands. Also known for having a Pokemon Fan Club.

Olivine City from Johto has the S.S. Aqua bring you all the way to Kanto! Known for its iconic lighthouse.

Hoenn has two representatives-- Lilycove City and Slateport City! Slateport has an outdoors market place while Lilycove has much to offer: a Contest Hall, Cove Lily Motel, the museum, a department store, fan club, and the Move Deleter's house! Both of which have the S.S. Tidal take you between the two cities or to the Battle Tower or Battle Frontier!

Sinnoh has Canalave City representing it. Most known for having a library and Move Deleter. Its ferry services normally take you to Iron Island and Fullmoon Island.

Unova has Castelia City, the second largest city in the known Pokemon world! Castelia has so much going for it that it's just better to go see for yourself!

Which has the best name?
    Which would you live in?
    Which has the best areas in it?
    Which has the best areas accessible by port?
    Which has the best music?
    Which is your overall favorite?

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Default Re: I'm on a boat! Vermilion VS Olivine VS Slateport VS Lilycove VS Canalave VS Caste

Gosh, that's a tough one. I would vote for Castelia, but its gym is a disgrace. Ultimately, I chose Canalave. Not only does it have a Steel-type Gym and a library (I believe the only one in the Pokemon games), but it's also the transport to the epic legendaries, Cresselia and Darkrai. If I had to choose, I would probably want to live in Castelia, though.

I has claimed Vanilluxe, Pursuit, Eccentric, Escape Button, and Blake Hall.

I'm GLaDOS 2.0 on Smogon.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: I'm on a boat! Vermilion VS Olivine VS Slateport VS Lilycove VS Canalave VS Caste

Slateport's music alone makes it a winner for me but it also a fun place to hang out in. The beach, the market, etc.

Blog Entries

Nice Boat.

It's a tough pick between Olivine, Slateport, Lilycove and Castelia. I really like the four of them. So let's go straight to the questions.

Which has the best name?
    I like the names of the four I mentioned. Slateport and Lilycove edge up a bit, though. There's a nice ring to both of them.

Which would you live in?
    Either Olivine or Castelia. The former has Jasmine and is the most balanced. Castelia is a bustling metropolis, though, which I really like, seeing as Goldenrod is my favorite City in the series.

Slateport and Lilycove win here for sure. Slateport has the Market, the Ocean Museum, and used to have a Contest Hall. Lilycove has the Department Store, also a Contest Hall, an art museum, and the Aqua Hideout. I like Canalave's library, and not so much the other two, though they do have Gyms over Slateport/Lilycove, and there's always Olivine's Lighthouse.

Let's see... Olivine and Vermilion only have each other. Well... Vermilion also has the Sevii Islands in FRLG, which is pretty cool. Slateport and Lilycove have each other, the Battle Frontier, Southern Island, Navel Rock, Birth Island and Faraway Island. Canalave has Iron Island, Fullmon Island and Newmoon Island. Castelia has Liberty Garden and United Nations Tower. The Hoenn Ports win here too.

I like all of them. The only ones with exclusive music are Vermilion, Slateport, Canalave and Castelia, though. Out of these, I like Slateport and Castelia best.

I think Slateport and Lilycove edge out the rest. Ultimately, I'll go with Lilycove. It's a big city, but it's calm, and I really like it a lot, so I'll vote for it too.
    lol I got bored.

Blog Entries

Which has the best name? I have to say Lilycove. Sounds relaxing.
    Which would you live in? Either Olivine or Canalave. I would've picked Castelia, but it's way too big.
    Which has the best areas in it? Castelia. Duh.
    Which has the best areas accessible by port? Canalave. Iron Island. Darkrai.
    Which has the best music? I liek Olivine.
    Which is your overall favorite? Probably Olivine. I spend my days there now that I beat Red... eight months ago. I dunno why. I just like it.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

I would say Lilycove, it's my favourite city of the Pokémon World. It has a Contest Hall, department store, fishing spots for Wailmer and Staryu (I think...), it's close to the Safari Zone, and instant access to the awesome Hoenn Battle Frontier! Plus its waltz-y background music is very relaxing (Yes I realize it shares it with Pacifidlog or however you spell it)

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

Castelia is my favorite port city, because it's amazingly large, and has the most intricate appearance of any Pokémon World city.

I would love to live in Lilycove because a department store is like two feet away!

Default VS Harbor Towns

Which has the best name?
    Lilyclove without a doubt. D8 Lilies and clovers are both pretty, and combined they make a lovely name!

Which would you live in?
    I'd live in Canalave City (SHINNOH FTW!), but I'd vacation in Lilyclove.

Lilyclove again. It has everything! Contest Hall, Harbor, Department Store, Motel, Move Deleter, and Magma HQ in Ruby.

Hmm...hah. Slateport and Lilycove access to each other, AND to the Battle Frontier. Seems pretty accessible and the best.

WAIT! Scratch that, Canalave City can take me to New Moon Island. That city is the best.

Surprisingly, Olivine City gets this vote. It remains my second favorite City Theme music of all time. Lilycove comes next, followed by Castelia.

Lilyclove City. D8
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

Castelia, because THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Which has the best name? I think Lilycove has a pleasant-sounding name.
    Which would you live in? Canalave; it's not too big, and it's got a library full of books on mythology and history. :3
    Which has the best areas in it? Probably Lilycove again; the Move Deleter, Contest hall, department store, art museum...
    Which has the best areas accessible by port? I personally love Iron Island for the sole purpose of easy level-uppage, so Canalave.
    Which has the best music? I like Slateport's a lot, but I think Canalave has the best music in the whole series.
    Which is your overall favorite? I'm going to go with Canalave for personal appeal. :3

Blog Entries

You forgot two: Snowpoint City and Fight Area. Haha. But... I choose Olivine City for its homely sea-ey feel. It reminds me of when I lived in Connecticut by the sea. :]
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which has the best name?
    Castelia is fun to say! :P
    Which would you live in?
    I think probably Lilycove. Actually, definitely Lilycove.

I think Lilycove. Art museum, contest hall, department store, it's near the safari zone...Although Castelia has some great stuff too.
    Castelia.
    idek, man, idek.
    Aaaand...Lilycove.

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Castelia, hands down. It's such a giant city with so much to explore.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.