54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lugia and Ho-oh

31 57.41%
  • Groudon and Kyogre

23 42.59%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ho-Oh & Lugia vs. Kyogre & Groudon

Default Re: Ho-Oh & Lugia vs. Kyogre & Groudon

I'm going with Lugia and Ho-oh. I really like their designs, though IDK who would win.
    I'll keep on moving straight ahead!

Blog Entries

Lugia and Ho-oh get my vote they are a whole lot cooler and I bet they could take the others.
    "She prefers the company of poison apples he prefers the company of nothing at all"
    Without a Face

Poison Apples by Mewstone

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/poison-apples-124893/#post3712913

I never really cared for the legendary duo for the paired versions aside from Reshiram and Zekrom, but I'll go for Groudon and Kyogre, mainly for Hoenn pride. xD Sending Kyogre out after Groudon to spam Thunder in the rain would help, too.

... Although, I do admit on my noobish Emerald team (Swampert, Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, and Kyogre), my Lugia and Ho-oh from Navel Rock got a heck lot more love than Groudon and Kyogre. Namely because I just wanted to brag because of how hard it was to obtain them that generation.

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Individually, I liked Lugia's design best, with Kyogre and Groudon leading Ho-oh by a bit. However, Kyogre and Groudon form a better pair - they share design motifs and an opposing dynamic that really makes them feel like a set along with Rayquaza. Besides this, they're much more involved in the anime/game/manga stories in general, leading to them being that much better-developed. Ho-oh and Lugia lived in two towers near each other and their dominions formed a general parallel between them, but Kyogre and Groudon have much better development.

Since we're voting on them as a set, I'm going with Kyogre and Groudon.

初段空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Senior Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

I think this is mainly a battle between Lugia and Kyogre because both can use powerful water type moves which are super effective against Ho-oh and Groudon. I think Kyogre and Groudon would win because its ability of making constant rain and with the move of Thunder it will definately hit Lugia and it is super effective against Lugia. Groudon can also use rock type moves which are super effective against Lugia and double super effective against Ho-oh.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Senior Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v5].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

I like Ho-Oh and Lugia better, but I thin Kyogre and Groudon would win here.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

I prefer the Hoenn duo. I sure love Lugia and its epicness, but Ho-oh is pure lame to me and Johto was the worst generation to begin with.

Kyogre is awesome and I have no complaint about Groudon's design, plus Hoenn was the second best generation.

My vote is obvious.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Kyogre and Groudon (mostly Kyogre because of Thunder wrecking both Ho-oh and Lugia) will definitely win this because they're one of the most broken Pokemon in the series due to their perma-weather abilities.

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Kyogre & Groudon should win in most cases, heck, Kyogre alone could probably beat the other two. Even though the two Legendary Birds have very high defences, (Especially Lugia) the Weather Duo's attack ratings are too high, even for them to handle. Lugia could get lucky and use Calm Mind enough times to sweep its opponents, but it's an extremely unlikely outcome.

Who is this git?

on the gameboy groudon and kyogre should win but in real ho-oh and lugia cuz ho-oh is pokemon god (still prefer groudon)

Gonna go with Lugia and Ho-Oh. I'm not a huge fan of Groudon and Kyogre, they look a bit too robotic for me. Groudon reminds me of a K-Nex dinosaur robot toy I used to have. Ho-Oh is one of my favorite legendary designs.

The Hoenn duo would probably win in battle though. Kyogre I hear is a tough Pokemon to take down in the Uber tier.
    Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee (Y), Beetle (OR)
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683 (Y)
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12