58 66.67%
  • Haxorus

29 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haxorus vs. Flygon

Blog Entries

Follow Sapphire on Tumblr

Default Haxorus vs. Flygon

Well...we all thought they were gonna be pseudos until Game Freak tricked us.

So which is your favorite?
    Who would win a battle?
    Which is greener?
    Will I stop asking strange questions?
    Last edited by ghaskan; 28th March 2011 at 01:57 PM.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ononokusu vs. Flygon

Onono for Q's 1/2; Flygon is obviously greener. I can't answer Q4.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Add a poll please.

It's a tough call. Flygon and Haxorus are my two favorite dragons. Both have great designs, great types, great attacks... I have to say Haxorus though. Mold breaker is too good an ability to pass up.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Add a poll please.

It's a tough call. Flygon and Haxorus are my two favorite dragons. Both have great designs, great types, great attacks... I have to say Haxorus though. Mold breaker is too good an ability to pass up.
    Forgot the poll. ...How do I add it? XD

EDIT: remembered. XD

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Flygon may never get a good boosting move but it will always be cooler than Ononokus. It has an awesome typing.

I'm hoping it will fall to UU because no one is going to use it in OU and BL for all purposes, is even worse. In UU, it will be awesome.

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

I love both, but Haxarus will never get past Flygon to the gate of mah poddy, ER, Heart.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Forgot the poll. ...How do I add it? XD
    Should be an option under thread tools

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Mold breaker is too good an ability to pass up.
    It's generally one of the best abilities there is, if not the very best ability there is. (Magic Guard is up there, and some like Drought and Drizzle have immense team value; and there are others I won't mention, for my sake.)

Ononokus can get a ton out of just two physical moves, Double Chop and Earthquake, and hits a golden speed value with a neutral speed nature. The thing is nasty.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Which is my favorite?"
    I am a fan of Dragon-types; they are my second-most favorite type after Electric. I love both Flygon and Ononokusu's designs; they are both among my most favorite pokemon in their respective generation. Sorry Flygon, but Ononokusu is actually much more intimidating and "dragon-like." The winner here would have to be Ononokusu.

"Which would win the battle?"
    In terms of base stats, Flygon has 80 in everything except for Attack and Speed (which are both 100). Ononokusu, on the other hand, has slightly lower HP stat (76), a mediocre 60 Sp. ATK stat, a somewhat better 70 Sp. DEF stat, and slightly lower Speed stat (97). Ononokusu has slightly higher Defense (90) and an incredible 147 Attack stat!

Flygon suffers from the 4x Ice weakness.

Lucky for it, however, Ononokusu does not know any Ice-type attacks (except, of course, Hidden Power Ice).

A "typical" Flygon has slightly higher Speed so it will attack first. It learns a lot of powerful physical and special moves. There is no doubt that Flygon will gain an edge since its Special Attack stat > Attack stat, and Ononokusu's Special Defense stat > Defense stat.

Ononokusu also has one of the best abilities in the game: Mold Breaker. This means that Ononokusu's Ground-type moves will be able to pass through Flygon's Levitate ability.

Of course, this is just calculating base stats and hypothetical movesets (Flygon and Ononokusu learn many of the same TMs). Pokemon battles are a lot more complicated than just this. We have to take natures, items, IVs, EVs, and other factors into account.

For the sake of simplicity, I'd like to say that since Ononokusu has a very high 147 base Attack stat and Flygon has a "mediocre" 80 base Defense stat, it would most likely "win" the battle should it receive a critical hit against its opponent.

"Which is greener?"
    Since Flygon is actually bright green and Ononokusu is actually a yellow with a hint of green, Flygon wins in this department. Flygon has several different shades of green on its body. Ononokusu is not green at all in its alternate colored form.

"Will I stop asking strange questions?"
    It depends. Do you have any more "strange questions" that need to be asked?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    "Which is my favorite?"
    I am a fan of Dragon-types; they are my second-most favorite type after Electric. I love both Flygon and Ononokusu's designs; they are both among my most favorite pokemon in their respective generation. Sorry Flygon, but Ononokusu is actually much more intimidating and "dragon-like." The winner here would have to be Ononokusu.

"Which would win the battle?"
    In terms of base stats, Flygon has 80 in everything except for Attack and Speed (which are both 100). Ononokusu, on the other hand, has slightly lower HP stat (76), a mediocre 60 Sp. ATK stat, a somewhat better 70 Sp. DEF stat, and slightly lower Speed stat (97). Ononokusu has slightly higher Defense (90) and an incredible 147 Attack stat!

Flygon suffers from the 4x Ice weakness.

Lucky for it, however, Ononokusu does not know any Ice-type attacks (except, of course, Hidden Power Ice).

A "typical" Flygon has slightly higher Speed so it will attack first. It learns a lot of powerful physical and special moves. There is no doubt that Flygon will gain an edge since its Special Attack stat > Attack stat, and Ononokusu's Special Defense stat > Defense stat.

Ononokusu also has one of the best abilities in the game: Mold Breaker. This means that Ononokusu's Ground-type moves will be able to pass through Flygon's Levitate ability.

Of course, this is just calculating base stats and hypothetical movesets (Flygon and Ononokusu learn many of the same TMs). Pokemon battles are a lot more complicated than just this. We have to take natures, items, IVs, EVs, and other factors into account.

For the sake of simplicity, I'd like to say that since Ononokusu has a very high 147 base Attack stat and Flygon has a "mediocre" 80 base Defense stat, it would most likely "win" the battle should it receive a critical hit against its opponent.

"Which is greener?"
    Since Flygon is actually bright green and Ononokusu is actually a yellow with a hint of green, Flygon wins in this department. Flygon has several different shades of green on its body. Ononokusu is not green at all in its alternate colored form.

"Will I stop asking strange questions?"
    It depends. Do you have any more "strange questions" that need to be asked?

Yes. How did you type all that? XD

My personal favorite is Ononokusu,though I feel like I'm betraying my first dragon type,Flygon.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Two of my favorite Pokemon ;_;

I choose Flygon.

Diamond Protoss ;D Light of Aiur's Avatar

I'll go with the desert spirit for having one of the best designs in the game, and also for a little Hoenn region spirit!

Border of Life Scarlet Sky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Flygon FTW!! He was a member of my first 3rd GEN team. XD (On Colosseum of course.)
    Needless to say, the desert spirit holds a special place in my heart.
    ROCK ON FLYGON!
    Last edited by Scarlet Sky; 14th April 2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: VERY OLD typo

Banner courtesy of Blazaking.

I love both, but I voted for OHNOYOUDINTnokus, because she has less votes. D8 Also, where Flygon is adorable, Ononokus has badass-ness. This is the generation of badass, so yeah, Ononokus is my vote.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I give my vote for Ono,
    since he looks even cooler than Garchomp in my taste.
    And having better ATK stat than Garchomp with an OK moveset is something to be proud of.
    Definitely geting this lil guy on my team.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast