Gyarados vs Milotic - Page 7

View Poll Results: Which Water-type do you prefer?

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gyarados

123 48.43%
  • Milotic

131 51.57%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Gyarados vs Milotic

Milotic is awesome! But Gyarados is can learn a better and more varied move set. My Milotic uses the old Toxic and then Recover on any opponent Pokemon but Gyarados can learn Thunder. They both have great Defence and Speical Defence as well as Attack and Special Attack. Speed is also good but it is all about the Electric move I think.

I love Milotic more than Gyarados. They both are very useful in their different ways. But Gyarados is stronger then Milotic but only because of the various moves it can learn e.g Thunder, Thunderbolt, maybe Solarbeam I can't quite remember.
    Last edited by GengarEatBanana; 6th November 2011 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Double Post with two different answers

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gyarados vs Milotic

I like both of them and think that both of them are freaking awesome and probably two of the best water pokemon. But....I like Milotic's smooth and elegant design.

Blog Entries

Milotic. I never really liked either but... i'd rather battle with a milotic than a gyarados

For no reason here's Apu Tunsie's Avatar

Gyarados has been essential to the plot (HG/SS) while Milotic hasn't been.
    Gyarados appears at times of conflict to destroy, the opposite of Milotic, who comes to becalm.
    Gyarados is offense based, as opposed to defense.
    Gyarados learns drago danse and hyper beam, though Milotic doesn't.
    Grarados is blue, while Milotic isn't.

The winner is clear.

Credit for the banner goes to Kamex.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, which of these powerful Water types do you prefer? Milotic, better design...

Which one is more useful? Gyarados, used it more.

Which one would win in a battle between the two? Milotic, more variety in moves as I understand...

Milotic wins for me.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

I'm personally gonna have to go with Milotic here. There's no denying Gyarados is a beast, but Milotic seems more elegant and a bit less respected (probably because of its satanic prevo).

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Gyarados makes me hungry. Reminds me of a very delicious sashimi.
    I choose Milotic because I had fun trying to have one. I remember the painful times just searching hard for a Feebas. Good times!
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gyarados as it can be both a good wall(which is pretty much the only thing Milotic can be besides a annoyer) thanks to its ability that lowers attack and its good special def and hp. Its also a great sweeper thanks to the great set up move dragon dance and its large movepoll and a massive attack stat and decent speed but thats helped by dragon dance.

So Gyarados I think is better.

GYARADOS GYARADOS GYARADOS!
    Milotic is terrible, screw everyone that disagrees. Did you know that HP electric doesn't even 2HKO? And just because milotic is pretty gyarados sucks? OMG. Why is Gyara OU and milo UU? And you say "OMG MILOTIC PWNS GYARADOS WITH TOXIC, MIRROR COAT, HYPNOSIS, RECOVER...". Well, you forgot about one move. And that is TAUNT.
    Lord Clowncrete likes this.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Gyarados all the way. Milotic is far less useful all-round, but can be very annoying when you're caught in the wrong situation. Gyarados will at least make your defeat quick and (somewhat) painless. Plus, Milotic and Feebas drove me crazy in the Ruby/Sapphire days, due to their difficulty to capture AND evolve. I will never forgive them for that.

Who is this git?

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

I love Milotic and Gyarados--if I were to vote (I tend to solely give opinionated input these days) for my favorite though, it would be Milotic.

Redardless, I've used both to great effect in 4th Gen competitive battling. My simple Gyarados was always effective, even with a kind of standard set--Gyarados being one of the only OU pokemon I used in the OU tier. My Milotic, meanwhile, had some serious staying power, with me utilizing a rather obvious and officially endorsed set that never caught on. (The set could still be used though, were people able to jump across an initial negative logical hurdle.)

Gyarados is incredibly strong with a fast Taunt and the ability to setup for a sweep without fear--Gyarados is ultimately better than Milotic. That said, Milotic is extremely underrated.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

1. Gyarados, Physical sweepers are used easily.

2. Gyarados, It's got the right moves

3. Tough decision, the lack of an electric move will give Gyarados an edge, but Milotic's got great SpD and can stall. Gyarados slightly wins this match after a few Dragon Dances without getting killed first.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, which of these powerful Water types do you prefer? Gyarados, it looks better

Which one is more useful? Gyarados. GYarados is one of the easiest Pokemon to use while Milotic is impossible to get.

Which one would win in a battle between the two? I have never seen a Gyara vs Milotic battle but Gyarados is a lot more useful in a general scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Quote Originally Posted by Singin in the Rain View Post
    1. Milotic, duh! Her beauty, plus her rarity, makes her a great pokemon.

2. Again, Milotic ftw! I'd rather stop fights than cause them

3. A good defense beats a good offense. Pair that with HP Electric, and Milotic instantly takes the cake.
    This post is stupid.
    1. Just because milotic is beautiful DOES NOT MEAN he looks better than Gyarados. And am I the only one who considers Milotic male?
    2. HP Electric doesn't even 2HKO. Gyarados Taunts him, then he proceeds to destroy Milotic with Dragon Dance and Stone Edge.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Uh, except Hidden Power Electric does 2HKO. Unless we are taking items into effect, then it still should at BP70.
    Though Taunt still works, so Milotic can't deppend on HP Electric.

Anyways, the frail defense of Milotic sucks, let's be honest.

But I'm attracted to that special defense over physical attack. Though I never used Milotic so I have no idea if it really has the movepool to use it. Perhaps switching Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense would've worked in its favor.

Gyarados... has some bad weaknesses due to typing. It has very good stats though for what it does.

Gyarados is very oriented to offensive, its very concept, design and lore emphatizes it. And that's pretty cool, but out of personal prefference on battling style I'd rather have Milotic. The later has the more unique evolution too, as poorly executed as it might've been.

Objectively though I'd think Gyarados is better at what it does.

Though I'll say that I don't really like Milotic's design and concept.

[/overexposition]

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast