Greninja vs Samurott

View Poll Results: Ninja frog or Samurai sea lion?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greninja

22 59.46%
  • Samurott

15 40.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Greninja vs Samurott

CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!! Startmirca's Avatar

Default Greninja vs Samurott

Greninja and Samurott are both fully-evolved Water starters based on some sort of Japanese warrior.

Whose design do you prefer?

Who has the better pre-evolutions?

Who would win?

Who do you prefer?

Other Kalos vs Unova Starter matchups:

Chesnaught vs Serperior

Delphox vs Emboar
    Last edited by Araragi-hakase; 25th December 2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opossumguy View Post
    Skyla. She's from Unova, which has the most character development for gym leaders. Also, the huge cannons help. In fact, the whole gym design is great.

I just realized how you can take that wrong....

Follow Aulos on Tumblr

Default Re: Greninja vs Samurott

Samurott is my favorite final starter evolution. I love its design! Greninja's design is okay. I'm not really fond of the "ninja" thing, but I got used to the design from when it was first leaked and never had a problem with it in-game.

I would say that Greninja would win when it came to its pre-evolutions, though. I like both Froakie and Frogadier. Whereas, it took me forever to warm up to Oshawott, and I still do not like Dewott's design at all.

Who would win? I don't know.

My favorite is obvious. lol
    8ther and Saturnidae like this.
    ~~

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I don't know about stats or movesets, so I'll go with purely design.

Both have awesome concepts : a Ninja, and a Samurai. Greninja has a wonderful Water/Dark typing to back-up its rogue design, but Samurott should have been Water/Fighting in that sense. Typing-wise, Greninja wins.

I love both their designs, so they're tied here.

As for pre-evos... definitely Froakie wins over Oshawott. I only chose Oshawott because of Samurott, but if I ever get XY, I'd be choosing Froakie because of Froakie. Also, Froakie looks great in the anime.

Overall, Greninja wins
    Last edited by Yato; 31st October 2013 at 10:35 PM.

Blog Entries

To answer shortly, Greninja, Greninja, Greninja, and Greninja. The longer answer:

- Unlike most people, I've always disliked Samurott's design. I love Greninja's tongue scarf though, and the ninja persona it has.
    - I like Dewott more than Frogadier, to be honest. Except, I like Froakie more than Oshawott, so I'm just going to go with Greninja again here.
    - Errr... Well, I guess Samurott could Mega Horn Greninja, but Greninja might be able to get the KO with it's speed and Protean ability. I guess it's more of a tie here.
    - Greninja. Definitely Greninja.
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry ~ my fan-fiction
    x

Greninja. His scarf is his tongue. His scarf. Is. His. Tongue.

No but seriously, I've always disliked Samurott. I can't even pin-point why, he just doesn't sit well with me. I think it's because I feel his concept could have been pulled of waaay better than it actually has been in the end. I also immensly dislike Samurott's pre-evos, but that's nothing special, most pre-evos are not my thing. In terms of battle... I really don't care to analyse this. It depends so much on their movesets that trying to say who'd win is insane.
    They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts.

Is a pretty Sneasel Sneazy Sneasel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*Read most of comments on thread* I think some people here are voting for the Greninja because he's newer, i see nothing wrong with Samurott.
    Your Name Please

Greninja is my new favorite water type starter. I was never a big fan of Samurott or the Unova starters in general. I think Greninja would win in battle too because it could change its type to grass with Protean.

Greninja, I like it better in battle, and I love frogs. Samurott has an ok design but I didn't like it much in battle.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Samurott. I just dislike Greninja's design. The bulbous limbs, tongue scarf...ech. I also prefer Samurott's pre-evos to Greninja's, so yeah.

Samurott seems so unpopular all of a sudden :c

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Samurott. I love the Oshawott family. Oshawott is adorable, Dewott is adorable and badass, and Smaurott is badass. Oshawott was my first choice in gen five and is the only one I really like.

The Froakie family is actually my least favorite of all of the starter Pokémon. Froakie is ugly, Frogadier is kinda cool, and Greninja is kinda cool, but I don't really like the tongue around its neck and its body looks a bit weird to me.
    8ther likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Samurott seems so unpopular all of a sudden :c
    I blame the flux of new users :P

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah, the classic samurai vs ninja choice. I wish Game Freak would actually do something with that. Like maybe they could make Samurott and Greninja sworn rivals or something.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with this thread.

In this case, I'm pretty solidly on the Greninja camp.

Even though I like Samurott (I do,) I feel like Game Freak missed a pretty obvious opportunity by not making it a Fighting type (instead, they slapped the type on the Fire Starter...again.) I used Samurott a few times in my Unova games and it was always a solid choice that never disappointed, but I always felt like something was missing. It was as if Samurott was incomplete somehow. Obviously I'm talking about the Fighting subtype here. Pure Water is an amazing type offensively and defensively and I don't mind it at all, but we already had Feraligatr and Blastoise for that. If Samurott didn't look part Fighting, I wouldn't care so much, but it does. Anyway, my point is that I like Samurott, but I'm sad it isn't part Fighting. :(

Greninja, on the other hand, is a freaking ninja. Everything about it screams 'ninja.' Even its movepool. It's so ninja it's not even funny. Spikes, Double Team, Substitute, Mat Block, Water Shuriken, smokescreen... I mean, how much more ninja can you get? This isn't a complaint at all. Ninjas are cool. I'd be disappointed if they had gone with less ninja. No, more ninja is good. The world needs more ninja. In terms of design (besides being a ninja) Greninja seems to be going for the same 'sleek, fast, and smooth but frail' thing that Infernape tried to do, except it actually succeeds at it, so that's another point in its favor.

The only thing I don't like about Greninja is the tongue scarf. Ew.

So yeah, whilst I do like Samurott, I don't love him. Greninja is a Pokemon I've grown to love. Also? Protean is badass.
    Startmirca and 8ther like this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!! Startmirca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Warrior View Post

Greninja, on the other hand, is a freaking ninja. Everything about it screams 'ninja.' Even its movepool. It's so ninja it's not even funny. Spikes, Double Team, Substitute, Mat Block, Water Shuriken, smokescreen... I mean, how much more ninja can you get? This isn't a complaint at all. Ninjas are cool. I'd be disappointed if they had gone with less ninja. No, more ninja is good. The world needs more ninja. In terms of design (besides being a ninja) Greninja seems to be going for the same 'sleek, fast, and smooth but frail' thing that Infernape tried to do, except it actually succeeds at it, so that's another point in its favor.
    Greninja's species names is the "Ninja Pokemon", he's so Ninja that he took Sceptile's crown for fastest starter. Hell yeah. He is more ninja than Samurott's samurai. That's how he lets you know that he's a badass ninja! :D
    Grass Type Warrior likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opossumguy View Post
    Skyla. She's from Unova, which has the most character development for gym leaders. Also, the huge cannons help. In fact, the whole gym design is great.

I just realized how you can take that wrong....

Blog Entries

Greninja all the way. I only really liked Samurott's pre evos, and the evolution doesn't even make any sense to me. It goes from an otter standing on two legs to a weird... thing that stands on all four. Greninja stays awesome.
    My GPX+
    My 3DS FC is 5412-9933-2792.
    DON'T
    like my posts. It just annoys me.

Like Weavile-Snowy Sweet! Umbrepom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Greninja's is my favorite design hands-down.
    Better pre-evos goes to Samurott.
    Who would win? It depends on the moves. Greninja's battle moveset is amazing, but Samurott is a good warrior.
    Who do I prefer? Greninja.

Check out my Creepypasta fic, In Sanity! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/sanity-159013/
    I am the claimer of Aipom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast