Grass, Fire, or Water? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Grass, Fire or Water. which one you like :)

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass

22 31.88%
  • Fire

20 28.99%
  • Water

27 39.13%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Grass, Fire, or Water?

Default Re: Grass, Fire, or Water?

Fire is losing the poll!? Wow I've always thought Fire was like one of the most popular types ever along with dragon.

Anyways, I choose Water. They're easy to train and I always keep one on my team. Almost all of them learn Ice Beam (lolkeldeo) so they can deal with their weaknesses and a bunch of em learn Earthquake too. Best of all is, they're so damn cute. One does not simply look at Pokemon like Totodile, Surskit, Lanturn, Wooper, Tirtouga, Seel, Slowpoke and Psyduck and not go "awww". The only type with cuter Pokemon would be Bug. I do have complaints about them though and the main one is that they're awfully slow. None of the water starters pass 78 speed. What is this, GameFreak?

Next would be Grass because green is an awesome colour and I like a lot of their designs, especially the Snivy line. They're kinda hard to use, because there's bugs and birds and other grass types and poisonous bugs and Sewaddles everywhere and Grass-types have sucky movepools.

Fire is bland and boring to use and I don't like em :P

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

I'm really surprised Fire is losing in the poll, it always seems to be the most popular of the three... or so I thought.

Anyway, Grass all the way yo. Five great lines all with different potential. Fire is all mixed offence and speed (barring Emboar on the speed front), while Water is pretty much all bulky offence. Grass seems to have a great mix. Helps that I prefer all their designs aswell :P
    Grass Type Warrior likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

The water-type has been my favorite ever since I was a child. I love a lot of the designs of water-types, plus they can learn the strongest and most useful HM moves; Surf and Waterfall.

Fire is my second favorite because a lot of fire-types are awesome design and stat wise, like my very first starter Chimchar, who was the only Sinnoh starter I found cute.

Grass has to be my least favorite. I like it in general and a lot of my starters have been grass-types, but it loses since it has so many weaknesses.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Grass and Water are my favourite of the three, and I can't decide between them so I'll have to go with both. Both types are conducive to a wide variety of different designs and conceptual bases, Grass has both the whole animal and plant kingdoms to play with, while aquatic animals are amazingly diverse. In comparison Fire types tend to be a bit boring, many are simply mammalian creatures on fire or capable of breathing fire, and while some a very cool most just aren't very interesting.

In battle Water types are unparalleled, with a great defensive typing, and good offensive coverage to boot. Interestingly, without rain Water is not as great offensively as it might seem because of the popularity of bulky waters, so in a way they're their own worst enemy! Despite having more resistances and fewer weaknesses than Grass, Fire is the worst type of the three defensively, as its weaknesses are cripplingly common and its resistance offer little utility, so they must rely heavily on their teammates for support. While they are very one-dimensional and don't have much else besides offence to offer their team, their sheer power alone makes them worth using. Grass is very underrated, as its good resistances compensate for its numerous weaknesses, and their attacks target common defensive types in exchange for poor coverage. Though far from the best type, they do surprisingly well with the few advantages that they have.

In the first games (Gen 1 and 2) I always choose water, because it's faster to raise. In later generations, it depends. I choose Grass in gens III and IV, and fire in gen V (because Emboar looks like Ganon from the first Zelda game, and it's also the only dual type starter in Gen V). Or Water if I want to advance quick.

Also, water types can learn Water pulse, that is one of the most annoying water moves I ever saw, and Surf, that is also very powerful.
    Current project: Professor Oak's Pokemon Library DotNet
    For other non-pokemon related projects, visit my Codeplex profile: NinjiHaku @ Codeplex

Follow OmaR7RauL On Twitter Add OmaR7RauL on Google+
    Follow OmaR7RauL on Tumblr

I mostly go gen by gen as I dont have a specific type to blindly pick all the time. I tend to go more with grass and then water as I really dislike fire as a type. First gen definitely Bulbasaur who is also my favorite pokemon. Then Totodile. Then Treecko. Then Chimchar (best fire starter imo). Then Snivy.

I think people fell in love with the fire type because of Charmander (Charizard)

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Water all the way for me. Well, in general, anyway.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries

Visit Teapot Salty's Youtube Channel

I like fire, almost all its pokemon have something going for them and i like em all.

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

I'm more of a Grass person. Always have been, always will. It's not just the ease to train these Pokemon either, but just how awesome some of them are! n_n

...Aside from that though, a lot of them are pretty decent/good battling-wise despite their weaknesses, so yeah. :3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234