Grass, Fire, or Water? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Grass, Fire or Water. which one you like :)

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass

22 31.88%
  • Fire

20 28.99%
  • Water

27 39.13%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grass, Fire, or Water?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Grass, Fire, or Water?

Grass type is appealing to me thus I mostly go for grass typed starters, though water takes the second place. :D

i agree Tsutarja :) the only thing i like grass is when they evolve faster like ivysaur to venusaur... level 32 while the rest is 36... same with the non starters :)
    Mah Best Team in Unova

Blog Entries

I've always picked water because I seem to win more battles quicker
    "you will be a n00b at RPGs.""...I don't play RPGs...!"

haha i agree España ... especially the first gym of gen 1,3,and 4 rock types xD and the HM Surf is strong also HM Waterfalls xD
    Mah Best Team in Unova

Grass. It's way more fun to play the game with a grass type.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Water, because I'm on fire and I need something to put me out.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

I gotta choose Grass here. Yeah, Water is definitely the better type and Fire is the most popular, but I have my reasons to not choose these two.

Water: The type is pretty good and I love water irl, but man, the Pokémon of this type are too damn common and most of them are badly designed IMO. It doesn't help that half of the Water-type starters don't fit my tastes. Feraligatr and Samurott are ugly and Swampert is weird. Blastoise and Empoleon are awesome though. I don't really hate or dislike the type, but is definitely not one of my favorites.

Fire: I dislike most of Fire-type Pokémon, specially two of the most overrated Pokémon ever: Charizard and Arcanine. They suck. Ahem... There are exceptions, of course and they are Ninetales, Moltres, Ho-Oh and Volcarona. Plus, I HATE HEAT.

And finally, Grass. Well why do I like Grass, the weakest of the starter types trio? Mostly because the major aspect I appreciate on Pokémon are their designs and most of Grass-type Pokémon are awesomely designed. Major examples are Grovyle, Torterra, Cherrim, Shaymin, Snivy, Serperior, Venusaur, Shiftry, Breloom, Ferrothorn, Virizion and Chespin. Of course there are exception here too, like Carnivine, Sunflora, Sceptile, Lombre and Wormadam. These things are disgusting. Also, I like how you play with Pokémon of this type. Leech Seed is a bless. Finally, green is gorgeous.

Powered by the sky! Delta Uncle Edit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All three types are about even in my opinion, so I'll just vote for fire based on this:

favorite generation one starter: Charmander
    favorite generation two starter: Cyndaquil
    favorite generation three starter: Treecko
    favorite generation four starter: Turtwig
    favorite generation five starter: Oshawott
    favorite generation six starter: Fennekin

As you can see, three fire-types are my favorite for a certain generation, two for grass, and one for water. That's why I choose fire.

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

The very first starter I picked was Squirtle. But recently, I find myself picking the fire starter often (Cyndaquil, Torchic & Chimchar).
    My starter favorites (over-all wise) are very neutral though.
    Gen I - Charmander
    Gen II - Chikorita
    Gen III - Treecko
    Gen IV - Piplup
    Gen V - Oshawott
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

I nearly always pick fire. The water type usually isn't that interesting and a lot of Pokemon games have a crap load of water types available anyway. Fire types are usually rare. Grass type is ok but I find it isn't all that great defensively or offensively. Mostly good for the status/healing moves, which I rarely use in game.

Out of the three choices, I'd go with the water, since one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon is water - Dewott!! - but I also like other two types as well, lots of great looking Pokemon too. I also love water since two of my top 5 favorite moves are water types - Surf and Razor Shell.

Water would be my third favorite type, just behind Dark and Normal (in order) types.
    Last edited by Poke Meerkat; 16th February 2013 at 05:02 AM. Reason: adding a bit more to post
    #1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
    I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!

Blog Entries

Fire. They generally look better, IMO. I've never picked a non-fire-type starter.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

It all depends from generation to generation. I'm a huge fan of Oshawott and Dewott, but Samurott is baaaaaaaaaaad. So, I went with Tepig. I absolutely adore Chimchar. Torchic is cool as well. But, before that, I could go with Charmander/Squirtle and Cindaquil/Totodile

Blog Entries
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir On Twitter Add Mikes Gardevoir on Google+
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir on Tumblr Visit Mikes Gardevoir's Youtube Channel

I chose fire because they're awesome! Then it is grass because they're awesome too, then it's water which i hate with a fiery passion there's just too many of them! If there was less then MAYBE i would like them a bit more but yeah water sucks

Fire is losing the poll!? Wow I've always thought Fire was like one of the most popular types ever along with dragon.

Anyways, I choose Water. They're easy to train and I always keep one on my team. Almost all of them learn Ice Beam (lolkeldeo) so they can deal with their weaknesses and a bunch of em learn Earthquake too. Best of all is, they're so damn cute. One does not simply look at Pokemon like Totodile, Surskit, Lanturn, Wooper, Tirtouga, Seel, Slowpoke and Psyduck and not go "awww". The only type with cuter Pokemon would be Bug. I do have complaints about them though and the main one is that they're awfully slow. None of the water starters pass 78 speed. What is this, GameFreak?

Next would be Grass because green is an awesome colour and I like a lot of their designs, especially the Snivy line. They're kinda hard to use, because there's bugs and birds and other grass types and poisonous bugs and Sewaddles everywhere and Grass-types have sucky movepools.

Fire is bland and boring to use and I don't like em :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast