Grass, Fire, or Water?

View Poll Results: Grass, Fire or Water. which one you like :)

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grass

22 31.88%
  • Fire

20 28.99%
  • Water

27 39.13%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Grass, Fire, or Water?

Red face Grass, Fire, or Water?

what starter type do you prefer?

Grass = Balance stat evolves quickly. Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy.

Fire = More on atk and sp. atk you need patience to train it. Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Tepig.

Water = more on defense and sp. atk easy to train. Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott.

Default Re: Grass, Fire, or Water?

Personally, I've been a fan of Fire since Red/Blue. I always considered Fire to be hard mode (weak against the first two gyms), Water to be medium mode (Good against first, resistant to 2nd and pummel with normal moves, and weak against 3rd), and finally grass to be easy (effective against first two gyms and resistant to 3rd).

Though that was only generation one, it just stuck with me.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Fire! It's always been my favorite type and most of my favorite Pokemon are fire type too. <3

Infernape, Rapidash, Ninetales, Victini, Reshiram, Typhlosion, all are fire type, wee! I do like several Pokemon of other types though.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Fire because I love Typhlosion XDD But really, most of them have epic high attacks, and I like the fire attacks animation. Especially Fire Blast

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ugh. Everyone's a pyromaniac. Fire sucks, Grass is where it's at.

Underdog type, support heavy, balance of offensive, defensive and utility centered Pokemon, oh and the main types of Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig and Smugleaf Snivy.

Not to mention they have tons of beautiful (Roserade, Lilligant, Sawsbuck, Virizion, Bellossom, Vileplume) Cool (Sceptile, Serperior, Simisage,) cute (Meganium, Whimsicott, Jumpluff, Celebi, Shaymin, Deerling, Leafeon,) tough (Venusaur, Ferrothorn, Torterra, Shiftry,) and Quirky (Exeggutor, Breloom, Ludicolo) Pokemon. Variety for the win.

Fire is all "rawr, look at me, I'm intimidating" and water is all "be careful next time you go to the beach, cuz you might run into ME!" but Grass is a little bit of everything.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Add Kelleo on Facebook

In YOUR OPINION, fire sucks. In mine, water is the one that sucks lol. I don't like many Pokemon of that type. Grass is okay.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    In YOUR OPINION, fire sucks. In mine, water is the one that sucks lol. I don't like many Pokemon of that type. Grass is okay.
    Of course it's my opinion. Wasn't that obvious? Saying something 'sucks' is, by its very definition, an opinion... in this context anyway.
    투 애니원, Reila and Chiss like this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I think all of the water types are extremely useful and cute. But I like all the starters. Fire is generally my least favorite though.

Water here.
    The most balanced and certainly the one to choose from.
    Sorry Bulbasaur, but this one has always gone and will always be; Water.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I like all the starter types since Generation 1, but I vote for Water, as it's my second favourite type.

Fire is my first choice. It has got my favorite starter after all (Typhlosion) and I really like many other fire types.

Water would be the runner up, because of Samurott and Feraligatr, and it's a very good type. I like plenty of other water types.

Grass is... terrible, in my opinion. Out of the starters, I like Venusaur and Sceptile and I am partial to Torterra. The other two are abysmal, as are most Pokemon of that type. I hardly ever use grass types, with the exception of Venusaur and Liligant.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

hehe wanna know mine :)

mine is water(of course, i'm piplup15 xD) they're just beautiful like milotic and adorable like marill, azumarill, mantyke. and badass looking like gyarados, kyogre, blastoise, feraligtr, samurott, swampert, and empoleon. and empoleon is my fave of all xD electric, ground, and fighting is the prob but the rest it has a high resistant thanks to steel xD

2nd is fire... i just like there strength high in atk especially the starter for gen III to V fire/fighting xD

3 is grass... it's ok but it's fine i only like sceptile among all the grass type

ps my first 2 shiny are water types... gold azumarill and red gyarados :)

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I've shocked myself. I've always thought Grass types had too many weaknesses to ever rate highly and usually pick the Fire Starter, but after thinking it through, Grass types are my favourite.

Fire types generally have poor defences and weaknesses to Water and Ground moves, never a good thing. Whilst Water types are better for the most part, there are many of them I hate battling and in general. Grass types, meanwhile, are one of the more intellectual types; to use them effectively requires skill, and overcoming their downfalls is largely satisfying. Gen V has brought many great Grass types to help sweeten the deal: Serperior, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Ferrothorn, etc. Plus, My first ever Pokemon was Bulbasaur.

Who is this git?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

^Thankfully, many fire types can learn moves like Solarbeam and Grass Knot. Even the Sunny Day + Solarbeam combo. I defeated an opponent's Swampert this way with a Typhlosion online once.

Also, fire is the only thing that can truly damage steel types. Otherwise, they're a pain to defeat (they have high defense, so even a fighting type move won't cut it unless you have a Lucario or something with Aura Sphere), especially if your opponent is a Bronzong. Fire is its only weakness.

Blog Entries

I'm gonna go with Fire types. Not only do the Pokémon of that type appeal to me, they're also less common in number than Grass or Water types, which makes them more special in my opinion. It's very easy to get a Water or Grass type early on in the game, but its usually not so easy to get a Fire type (and in the cases that you can, its usually very limited in choice).

I also rarely find myself caring too much about defences when casually playing the game, so Fire's typical low defences and common weaknesses do not tend to phase me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast