Giovanni VS Ghetsis - Page 3

View Poll Results: Which one do you think was the worst parent?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giovanni

18 17.14%
  • Ghetsis

87 82.86%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Giovanni VS Ghetsis

Formerly sirphish -Luster Purge-'s Avatar

Default Re: Giovanni VS Ghetsis

Silver was the only to this day badass rival. And was a cool character you wanted to fight. Not just some hindrance you wish wasnt involved with the story every five minutes. (CHEREN AND BIANCA. oh and barry too.) But outright he was a asshole.
    N is a cool guy that dispite everything you cant really hate. He albiet confused has a moral compass and gives you the option to change things. All in all he isnt really a bad guy. Just a typical teen going through life finding himself.
    Going off their personalities and outlooks. Giovanni had to be the worse parent. However N did in the end seem mind ****** over what was done to him. okay now I lost my point.. But in the end at least N seemed more "normal" than Silver..

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Giovanni simply abandoned Silver, and Silver kinda brought up himself and toughened up by himself. At least Giovanni just neglected his child and Silver was free to do whatever he wanted.

Ghetsis brainwashed N and USED his son just for his evil plans. Not to mention that he literally confined N for who-knows-what years. N was not free.

So my vote goes to Ghetsis

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

Ghetsis, hands down. I'm not too big on N, but I felt sorry for what his abomination of a father did with him. He was basically sired to fulfill a selfish desire and then ditched in the end. Not to mention other things Ghetsis may have orchestrated, which makes him even worse, and the implications that he was a cradle-robber as well.

At least Giovanni has one canon (PokeSpe) where he did everything out of love for Silver in the end. The games certainly head the other direction with the abandonment, but at least Silver found a way to be free of him.

Blog Entries

Ghetis by a million miles... Gio might have abandoned Silver but at least he didn't suffur horrifying levels of abuse and mind-rape... Ghetis is the worst person in all of Pokemon ever... he's a complete monster
    Silverwynde, Koukoubean and Momoka like this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I can't decide.
    It seems that evil organization leaders with their names beginning with the letter G aren't very good parents.
    Giovanni. Gordor. Ghetsis.
    But I guess my vote goes towards Ghetsis for now, even though the aforementioned three were all pretty bad parents. (Well, not very sure about Gordor as I haven't completed Ranger 1 yet.)

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

As twisted and evil as Ghetsis is, I've always thought Gio was just plain awesome.

Plus he just looks evil. Can't argue with a Hitler stache.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

To be fair, Giovanni didn't completely set up his son's life. Silver ran off and became his own person anyway, unlike N, who's still extremely sheltered at age 18 or whatever he is.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Was it even stated for a fact that Ghetsis was N's father? If he is, then Ghetsis. He basically just used N.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I'm not really sure if he was N's actual father(but I guess he was a guardian), but he is the worst for sure. He's mean and horrible to N. He just used him and insulted him. I'd love to throw him off a cliff. N didn't deserve that and I felt bad for him. Of course.

And he sheltered N his whole life and made him believe that humans don't belong with Pokemon. All he showed him was hate. He's a terrible person.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Going by the games only, (Never read the Manga) Ghetsis, without doubt.

Sure, Giovanni abandoned Silver after losing to Red/Leaf, and that was a very selfish thing to do, but at least he left him unharmed; for all we know, Giovanni may have set Team Rocket up in the first place because he had no other way to provide for his son, and he couldn't face the shame.

Ghetsis clearly doesn't give a damn about his "son" and only used him to gain control of the world. He put N through an unbelievable amount of mental torture and brainwashing. Considering N's name, it's possible he isn't the first child Ghetsis kidnapped and forced into becoming the new hero. Whatever happened to A-M? Ghetsis fed them to his Hydreigon when they failed to meet his expectations. He is an absolute monster.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Ghetsis by far, because he's just a complete asshole. The way he talked to N towards the end of the game was enough to earn him my vote as the worst parent in the Pokemon universe. Giovanni's no saint, but I have a hard time imagining him talk down to Silver like Ghetsis did with N.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He feeding children to his hydreigon is kinda silly: it wouldn't be practical to try such a grandious scheme more than once.

But otherwise I agree with all that. Giovanni might be guilty of parental abandonment, but abusive? Perhaps in the passive sort of "I have no son" way... which leads to Silver just being a venomous jerk, ultimately wanting to be strong because of that.

But Ghetsis? Not only he didn't care about N, he was a plaything for him. He wasn't even a human being to him, just a tool for his scheme. He actively RAISED him for his plans.
    Heck, in the endgame he wasn't disappointed with N not being good, no, he was disappointed with N not being useful to him!
    Last edited by Infinity Mk-II; 6th February 2012 at 02:43 PM.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Ghetsis was just pure Evil for what he did to N, as he brought him up just to use him for his own selfish plan for world domination and in doing so ultimately betrayed N taking away his purpose for living. Giovanni was just a cold calculating man and a dead beat father so what?
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 17th March 2012 at 06:34 PM.

Blog Entries

While Giovanni simply abandoned Silver, Ghetsis is far worser, as he isolated his son and used him as a tool to complete his plans.
    And he has the most ridiculous outfit evah.
    Koukoubean likes this.
    Originally said by Albert Einstein
    Only 2 things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity. Though I'm not sure about the first one.

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

The only incarnation of Giovanni that could give any incarnation of Ghetsis a run for his money is the anime incarnation. He doesn't just run a gang, he runs a freaking super mafia.

But that's only a run. Anime!Giovanni can in no way be a worse human being than any incarnation of Ghetsis. Ghetsis is a spineless bastard who takes the fullest advantage of others for his own gain. He outright states he enjoys the despair of others. For Ghetsis, the world revolves around him and his interests.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast