29 44.62%
  • Cyrus

36 55.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giovanni vs Cyrus

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Giovanni vs Cyrus

Cyrus, hands down. That person wants to bring about friggin' Armageddon using the demigods of time & space, of all things!

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

Cyrus, because he was very smart and unlocked Spear Pillar. Then again, considering he walked into a world that exploded...
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

I voted for Cyrus. Just look at his grunts, no emotion, no freedom, no consciousness. An evil team is real evil if they include hypnotizing people and using them for the boss' own good.

Giovanni too does this somehow, but at least, his grunts have salary, consciousness and emotions.

Blog Entries

Cyrus. A Nietzsche Wannabe is more interesting than The Don, though Giovanni was somewhat interesting for a mob boss... before FRLG, and subsequently, HGSS, ruined the one line that gave him a semblance of character depth in the original Generation 1 games.

Cyrus is way more interesting even then, anyway. With a Start of Darkness, how he actually kept Sunyshore out of harm, and the way his immediate underlings think of him. He was very interesting in Diamond/Pearl and Platinum, and I liked the ominous way his plot ends in the latter. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually comes back in a future game...

Cyrus was also the hardest of all Team Bosses in the series. By far. He also remains consistently hard on all battles you fare with him.
    lol I got bored.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Giovanni. He looks more badass, and at least his ideas are doable. Seriously Cyrus, a new world?

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamBO View Post
    I voted for Cyrus. Just look at his grunts, no emotion, no freedom, no consciousness. An evil team is real evil if they include hypnotizing people and using them for the boss' own good.

Giovanni too does this somehow, but at least, his grunts have salary, consciousness and emotions.
    Doesn't that only apply in Special? Because in the games, the Galactic grunts are more of space cases in more ways than their outfits.

Also they have salaries. Otherwise that one wouldn't complain about not getting a raise in five years (...five years what Cyrus would have been 22 when that dude was hired).

Giovanni. Cyrus is dead. End of story.

Cyrus: But I almost won!

I has claimed Vanilluxe, Pursuit, Eccentric, Escape Button, and Blake Hall.

I'm GLaDOS 2.0 on Smogon.

Blog Entries

He's not dead. Not in the games anyway (and the show has yet to prove it to my satisfaction). In the games he's very much alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Doesn't that only apply in Special? Because in the games, the Galactic grunts are more of space cases in more ways than their outfits.

Also they have salaries. Otherwise that one wouldn't complain about not getting a raise in five years (...five years what Cyrus would have been 22 when that dude was hired).
    The manga still is related to pokemon right? So it still counts...

Anyways, I gotta need to evaluate the real Cyrus in the games, in which I haven't played yet.(My farthest journey in DPPt is just up to Roark, so yeah imma noob)

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    Giovanni wins because he started Team Rocket. THE Team Rocket. While Giovanni may have given up, his legacy will live on forever, and that's why he is the better villain in the end
    No, his mother started Team Rocket.

Blog Entries

Only on the show.

Ok so really guys, what's with these "Cyrus is dead" comments? The only continuity where that's even remotely possible is the show and even then they were intentionally vague. The games have him just storming off in a huff, very much alive, and that seems to be what most people are talking about.

But then I know people who talk about "N's death" too and he's also unquestionably alive at the end of the game too.

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YamBO View Post

But it's sort of like apples and oranges really. Team Galactic grunts are brainwashed and mold-cut (they all have the same hair, that is really saying something!!), and I love that for its own qualities. Team Rocket grunts are individualistic, spirited crooks (just look at the bye bye a go go guy) and that's great too. They brainwash and technologically control Pokemon I think because Pokemon to the TR organisation are just meat-tools, really.

If the question is Team Rocket vs Team Galactic, I'm going to say that I like both equally.

But if it's Giovanni vs Cyrus.. that's a bit tougher for me. On the one hand, I recognise how powerful Cyrus' motives are and how amazing and terrible it was that such a thing got so far and almost was realised.. But.. ah... I am very attached to Giovanni. I like him much more as a man than I like Cyrus. I know him better, and he was, well, there first. I admire his power and wisdom.

Also, I have the same hair as him, if his hair was shoulder length. >_>

Cyrus is amazing too though, his conviction shines as surely as the sun, even though he's emotionally cold.

In a Pokemon battle between the two since they're both more or less equally matched in strength (though Giovanni has more experience), I think it would depend on who was feeling more passionate about the battle.
    Last edited by Giovanni Sakaki; 28th April 2011 at 04:57 AM.
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Oh in a pokemon battle Giovanni would win. All of Cyrus's pokemon are weak to Rock, so from a type matchup alone there's just no way he could win against the Ground master (since most ground types know rock moves).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123