Thread: Giovanni vs Cyrus

Default Re: Giovanni vs Cyrus

Giovanni

Cyrus is dead.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Giovanni rocks Cyrus' socks

My reasoning? Giovanni gets beaten by Red, the original Pokemon master. Cyrus gets beaten by... Lucas *facepalm*
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

I'm Back, on BMGF X matthewtelee's Avatar

Giovanni because he looks cooler, is a mob gang guy and because he resurrects legendary Pokemon. Cyrus is just weird, he has a weird motive and not to mention, weird hair.

Blog Entries

Giovanni would win if this was coolness.

But Cyrus is a prick who doesn't tell his agents they're basically fighting for their deaths and more or less wants to destroy the world. Destroying the world is a lot more evil than ruling it.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

I think Cyrus is a better villain, because he stays true to his word, and remains a villain throughout the plot of the story, unlike Giovanni, who disbands Team Rocket.

Cyrus gets my vote, I mean, look at him.
    Emotionless, cruel, selfish and whatnot. Look at Giovanni, sure he's the big bad boss of Team Rocket, but well, I find that guy to be kinda sporting.
    Cyrus actually wanted to destroy everything and recreate everything with him as god amirite? And his own team doesn't even know what he is planning.
    How evil is that? But anyways, I gotta thank Cyrus for the Master Ball.
    Noobie here. Sigh...

Blog Entries

Giovanni wins because he started Team Rocket. THE Team Rocket. While Giovanni may have given up, his legacy will live on forever, and that's why he is the better villain in the end

That's a good point, Karpi. Team Rocket was still doing crimes long after Giovanni was gone. We don't really see any of that with Team Galactic. Though, it could be interesting to see a Platinum sequel that shows what happens to Cyrus after he failed to control Palkia and Dialga. I always thought he'd go for the next step up: Arceus.

Anyways, great discussion, guys. The poll is looking a lot closer than I was expecting!

Cyrus. Giovanni never really seemed that big of a villian to me. More like some real world mob boss.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Dragon Blade View Post
    Cyrus was lying. He wanted a better world, but just for him.
    A common misconception. He talks later about how there WILL be other people there, including people he hates. Likely the line about "only for me" was refering to the power of godhood. Remember, he'd just told his agents that they'd *all* be rulers, and clearly that was a lie. But that doesn't mean that they wouldn't *exist*.

Anyway, while Cyrus's *actions* are more evil, Giovanni's *motive* is more evil. So I'd say it's a matter of how strongly you think intent matters in what someone does. Cyrus did terrible, wicked things in order to create a peaceful world free from suffering. Giovanni was basically a petty crook at best, but did it entirely for his own self-aggranzement and greed.

Plus let's face it. Cyrus isn't sane at all and seems to have a distorted idea of how the world works. Giovanni is perfectly sane, entirely stable, and does it anyway. Cyrus would benefit from a heavy course of antipsychotics, while Giovanni doesn't have any such excuse.

Blog Entries

Cyrus by far.
    I don't know why, but he is my favorite team boss.

lieks SpecialShipping. Pikachu127's Avatar

Why did I vote Giovanni?! Cyrus is much more evil. Though I personally prefer Giovanni more...

Cyrus gets my vote in everything. D: In Evilness and Sexiness. I know it's not healthy to think a psychopath is good-looking, but whatever man. 8D; Fangirls will never make sense.

Plus, plus, Cyrus had the most evilish death glare in the opening of Platinum! That was my first look at Cyrus when I first booted up Platinum. D8 Giovanni can't compare to THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi
    Giovanni wins because he started Team Rocket. THE Team Rocket. While Giovanni may have given up, his legacy will live on forever, and that's why he is the better villain in the end
    Yes, Giovanni is clearly the better leader. He can't even get his own team to stop their evil deeds, even when he's had enough. 8D Plus his admins were totally NOT pathetic in GSC/HGSS. Oh, and his son Silver is a model child for icing in the cake.

He must be so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by GengarEatBanana
    Giovanni rocks Cyrus' socks

My reasoning? Giovanni gets beaten by Red, the original Pokemon master. Cyrus gets beaten by... Lucas *facepalm*
    Hey, what's wrong with Lucas? ):< Don't be hating on Lucas!
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Cyrus is very awesome.
    Best team leader out there.

I also like Ghetsis, he is very cool (and cruel to his son N :x)

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Hey, what's wrong with Lucas? ):< Don't be hating on Lucas!
    I know this is a bit off-topic, but I have to say: To me, Lucas is way better than Red, Ethan and the BW guy. I dunno why people dislike him.

Blog Entries

Cyrus is made of pure awesome. He tried to make a universe without spirit and be a god in said universe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast