Galvantula VS Volcarona

View Poll Results: Galvantula or Volcarona?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Galvantula

9 36.00%
  • Volcarona

16 64.00%

Thread: Galvantula VS Volcarona

Blog Entries

Follow Yadon on Tumblr

Default Galvantula VS Volcarona

VS

Galvantula VS Volcarona

Gen V introduced a lot of Bug-types, but these two were the only lines that brough new and unique type combinations to the table (Bug/Electric and Bug/Fire, respectively). Both are also mainly used as special attackers.

Which design do you prefer?
    Which do you think is the most useful?
    In a fight between the two, which do you think would win?
    Which of the two type combinations do you think is better/do you prefer?
    Which is your overall winner?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Galvantula VS Volcarona

1. I prefer Gavantula for its more appealing design

2. Volcarona is more useful because of Quiver Dance and now has coverage with Giga Drain

3. Volcarona wins because Fire is one of Gavantula's only two weaknesses

4. Bug/Electric, it only gives it two weaknesses, none of which is a 4x

5. Gavantula

Blog Entries

Volcarona by a mile. It's one of the best Pokemon in the current metagame, not to mention the sun lore is just epic, and it looks boss.

Galvantula, I never quite understood the appeal of. It's...alright I guess, but I dunno why it's so damn popular.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, I actually do love Galvantula!

It's one of the few Electric types I really care for. Then again, it is a Bug type. And it's a pretty nice combination. On a Tarantula that is NOT a Poison type!

One of my favorite bugs. It is very nice to use, it is an strong pokémon by itself. Certainly a far cry from the likes of Ariados.
    Its design is great and I always love when gameplay and design are integrated that way: The paralyzing hairs of the tarantula turn into electrostatic hairs. And of course, they live in electrically charged caves.

... but Volcarona is my favorite anyway and superior in every way.

[/overexposition]

is fabulous fabulis's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Galvantula because I like his design and typing more. I think having an electric spider is really cool, it seems like a more creative idea than a fiery moth.

Which design do you prefer? Volcarona's by far. Volcarona's design looks cool but Galvantula's design doesn't appeal me.
    Which do you think is most useful? For me I would say Volcarona because of its high stats and movepool. It can also learn Giga Drain now. But Galvantula does have less weaknesses.
    In a battle between the two, which do you think would win? Volcarona since it has a type advantage and it has a dangerous sp.attack stat while Galvantula has really low defences.
    Which of the two type combinations do you think is better/do you prefer? Galvantula's because it has less weaknesses and no x4 weaknesses.
    Which is your overall winner? Volcarona by far. It is my favourite bug type Pokemon anyway.
    Last edited by Blazing Aura; 7th October 2012 at 02:32 PM.

You can't change the world without a little pain - Team Plasma Grunt

Galvantula by a country mile. One of my favourite bug-types because of it's design. Also, 100% Acc. Thunder? Yes please.
    They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts.

No both option on the poll? :|

I like both equally... They have awesome designs and type combinations.
    I must vote on Volcarona solely by the fact that I prefer Fire over Electric-Types.

Which design do you prefer?

Galvantula's. I am a sucker for spiders.

Which do you think is the most useful?

Compoundeyes + Thunder is very appealing, but Volcarona is by far a better Pokémon battle-wise.
    In the end, both are useful.

In a fight between the two, which do you think would win?

Volcarona, easily.

Which of the two type combinations do you think is better/do you prefer?

Bug/Fire. I wish Galvantula was a Bug/Fire as Volcarona.

Which is your overall winner?

Volcarona.

I'd say Volcarona. It's pretty good for battling and I really like it's design better. It's pretty cool, though Galvantula is also awesome, I really like Volcarona's type more, I find Bug/Fire awesome.

Add Bellossom on Facebook

Okay I first of all just have to say that I LOVE Gen V for what it has done with the Bug type. I have always been a fan and I can justify it more easily with all of these amazing new bugs, my favorite being Crustle.

But to the matter at hand...

Which design do you prefer? Galvantula although they are both kinda cool looking I think there is too much going on with Volcarona and Pokemon has always done spider designs well.
    Which do you think is the most useful? Galvantula because of it's typing allowing for less weaknesses.
    In a fight between the two, which do you think would win? Despite those weaknesses, Volcarona would totally win this battle.
    Which of the two type combinations do you think is better/do you prefer? I love unique type combinations and these are both great but Galvantula just seems like the cooler typing. An electric spider?!?!
    Which is your overall winner? I know that I gave most of my votes for Galvantula but that was only based on the questions asked...I like Volcarona better :)
    If at first you don't succeed, warp reality till it fits your demands ;)

claimed Ekans on 10/28/2012 and all has been well in the world ever since. :)

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Erm, Volcarona is part Fire type... Galvantula has pretty much no chance against it in battle.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

First off i don't really care for Bug Type pokemon but these are most defenitely unique and acceptble pokemon as they actually look pretty well designed.

Which design do you prefer? Volcarona design to me is unique, so it gets my vote
    Which do you think is the most useful? ehh i guess it can depend. But i'd go with Galvantula cause it only has 2 weaknesses
    In a fight between the two, which do you think would win? Volcarona no doubt since Galvantula has a weakness against fire
    Which of the two type combinations do you think is better/do you prefer? hmm they both are pretty unique being Bug/Electric type and Bug/Fire type, but i would have to give this one to Galvantula because i mean a Bug/Electric type pokemon? pretty cool itself
    Which is your overall winner? For me it's easily Volcarona because of it's design is much better to me and it's unique itself also, but i've never cared for bug type pokemon so they aren't anything i prefer but i do admit they are actually pretty cool pokemon.

Blog Entries

Which design do you prefer? Galvantula
    Which do you think is the most useful? Galvantula
    In a fight between the two, which do you think would win? Volcarona
    Which of the two type combinations do you think is better/do you prefer? Bug/Electric
    Which is your overall winner? Galvantula

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love both but since Volcy is amazing as a battler, I chose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.