• Flygon

4 50.00%
  • Garchomp

4 50.00%

Thread: Flygon vs. Garchomp

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Default Flygon vs. Garchomp

Flygon: The original Garchomp. It's dragon abilities are very lacking. By level up, its strongest dragon move is dragon tail, with 60 power! Its ground powers, on the other hand, are what makes this guy awesome. Two words: Earth power. Lowering the opponent's special defense is a bonus. Its levitate makes it immune to the annoying move Earthquake, which makes a good counter. Its main weakness? Poor special defense.

Garchomp: This guy is an annoyingly ripped Flygon with bigger stats. But its weakness is its movepool. Its ground powers are awful, so it has to rely on dragon moves. Most aren't that powerful or come with grave effects. But! Dragon Dance can turn crap moves into awesome moves. The catch? It uses a turn, making Garchomp vulnerable to attack. But the speed boost helps, and this ploy has been used a lot.

So, in the end, who reigns the world of ground-dragon types?
    Last edited by Spyspotter; 25th August 2013 at 06:02 PM.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Flygon vs. Garchomp

Garchomp is more powerful, but I prefer Flygon. I like it's design better.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I've used both in teams before, but I'm picking Garchomp. I like both of their appearances, but Garchomp is stronger stat wise and learns better moves imo.

Blog Entries

Garchomp is better in almost every way and I like its design the most. I would like Flygon more if it was Bug/Dragon instead of Ground/Dragon. Also, how exactly is Garchomp a rip-off? It is completely different from Flygon, besides having the same type. So Roselia is a rip-off of Vileplume? Vileplume is a rip-off of Venusaur? I take that Gallade is a rip-off of Medicham as well?

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Garchomp is better in almost every way and I like its design the most. I would like Flygon more if it was Bug/Dragon instead of Ground/Dragon. Also, how exactly is Garchomp a rip-off? It is completely different from Flygon, besides having the same type. So Roselia is a rip-off of Vileplume? Vileplume is a rip-off of Venusaur? I take that Gallade is a rip-off of Medicham as well?
    It's a rip off because Nintendo took everything about Flygon and attempted to improve it. And can you explain your point, because you clearly aren't making any.