Floatzel VS Starmie

View Poll Results: Floatzel or Starmie?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Floatzel

    0 0%
  • Starmie

    9 100.00%
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Saiga

Thread: Floatzel VS Starmie

  1. #1
    Zeb
    Zeb is offline
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,805
    Blog Entries
    138

    Follow Zeb on Tumblr

    Default Floatzel VS Starmie

    VS

    FLOATZEL VS STARMIE



    These two are the fastest Water-types in the game, with their base 115 speed stat (discounting water plate Arceus).

    Which design do you prefer?
    Which is the most useful?
    In a fight between the two, which do you think would win?
    Which is your overall winner?
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

  2. #2
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Floatzel VS Starmie

    1. I prefer Floatzel's design

    2. Starmie because of the BoltBeam combo and for being a rapid spinner

    3. Starmie wins for having access to Thunderbolt, but it needs to have better speed IVs to attack first

    4. Starmie, as someone from SPPF said, he is the perfect sweeper, making him a lightning bruiser, which along with tanks and walls, are the preferred types over Glass Cannons, Fragile Speedsters, and Jack of All Stats.

  3. #3
    Registered User Saiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Floatzel VS Starmie

    Which design do you prefer?

    Starmie. Simple, but it looks good.

    Which is the most useful?

    I find Starmie much more useful.

    In a fight between the two, which do you think would win?

    Floatzel needs to run Choice Band with an Adamant nature to OHKO with Crunch, while a Timid Starmie can OHKO with a Specs or LO boosted Thunderbolt. Starmie wins.

    Which is your overall winner?

    Starmie =P

    Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

  4. #4
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Floatzel VS Starmie

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Floatzel needs to run Choice Band with an Adamant nature to OHKO with Crunch, while a Timid Starmie can OHKO with a Specs or LO boosted Thunderbolt. Starmie wins.
    There's really no need for a Choice Specs or LO boosted Thunderbolt since Floatzel can get easily OHKO'd by any strong move due to its low defenses.

  5. #5
    Registered User Saiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Floatzel VS Starmie

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Floatzel needs to run Choice Band with an Adamant nature to OHKO with Crunch, while a Timid Starmie can OHKO with a Specs or LO boosted Thunderbolt. Starmie wins.
    There's really no need for a Choice Specs or LO boosted Thunderbolt since Floatzel can get easily OHKO'd by any strong move due to its low defenses.
    Without an item or positive nature Thunderbolt isn't a guaranteed OHKO, there's roughly a 25% chance Floatzel will still survive and OHKO with Crunch. So while 75% of the time it will work, LO or specs are just there to eliminate any chance Floatzel has.
    Grass Type Warrior likes this.

    Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

  6. #6
    Dark Soul Takaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Floatzel VS Starmie

    Which design do you prefer?

    Starmie.I much prefer the colour and Floatzel doesn't stand out at all.

    Which is the most useful?

    Starmie lol

    In a fight between the two, which do you think would win?

    Floatzel wins in Rain but Starmie in everything else. It outspeeds and kills in Rain whilst outside of it Floatzel can hold a Sash and use Payback followed by Aqua Jet. @Saiga; @Ghetsis-Dennis;

    Which is your overall winner?

    Starmie

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •