Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh - Page 3

View Poll Results: Winner?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charizard

    30 34.09%
  • Moltres

    12 13.64%
  • Ho-Oh

    46 52.27%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

  1. #31
    Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    80

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by shinysmugleaf View Post

    envoy, why do you hate charizard so much?

    i personily love charizard, infact, hes my favorite pokemon of all time.

    i just love charizards large movepool and "legendary like stats", so i voted for him.
    1) Charizard doesn't have anywhere near legendary like stats. It's stats are, in fact, rather mediocre. 84/109/100 offenses are nothing to write home about and his defenses are a joke. "Legendary like stats" applies to Slaking or Arcanine, most definitely not Charizard.

    2) I hate Charizard because it's one overrated piece of crap. Everybody gushes about how it's a 'dragon' and how it can fly or whatever. They're so taken by its physical appearance (which doesn't impress me personally, while we're at it) that they neglect it's shitty 4x Rock weakness, it's Stealth Rock weakness, the fact that it gets outclassed by almost every other offensive Fire type in the game and the fact that it is currently the worst of the Kanto Starters. Top that off with Charizard stealing the thunder of my favorite Pokemon (Venusaur, who is actually a solid, useful OU Pokemon not to be trifled with) and you can see why I highly despise the overrated lizard. The only Starter I hate more than Charizard is the monkey, and even then, at least the monkey is actually good. Charizard just fails at everything yet its treated like some kind of Godsend. Like the Jesus of the Pokemon world or something. It's highly vexing.

    In short, I hate him because he's pure crap, but is treated like the second coming.
    Last edited by Grass Type Warrior; 22nd February 2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Lord Clowncrete and Reila like this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  2. #32
    Secret Sword of Justice Kelleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,998
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    2) I hate Charizard because it's one overrated piece of crap. Everybody gushes about how it's a 'dragon' and how it can fly or whatever. They're so taken by its physical appearance (which doesn't impress me personally, while we're at it) that they neglect it's shitty 4x Rock weakness, it's Stealth Rock weakness, the fact that it gets outclassed by almost every other offensive Fire type in the game and the fact that it is currently the worst of the Kanto Starters. Top that off with Charizard stealing the thunder of my favorite Pokemon (Venusaur, who is actually a useful, OU Pokemon not to be trifled with) and you can see why I highly despise the overrated lizard. The only Starte rI hate more than Charizard is the monkey, and even that is a toss up.
    I agree with this completely. I hate Charizard for the same reasons.

    I voted Ho-Oh. I think it's awesome and I like rainbows. I also like fire type Pokemon in general. :3

  3. #33
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,123
    Blog Entries
    137

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle

    There's no contest, Ho-oh wins for its uber status plus its DW ability.

  4. #34
    Registered User Saiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    Too be honest I see more Charizard hate than I do people overrated him so it's getting on my nerves to have the hate force fed down my throat everywhere I go Pokemon related.

    Anyway, my favorite here would be Ho-Oh. Really like it's Dream World ability and it's my favourite Legendary.

    Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

  5. #35
    Registered User Elekid-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    40
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    Ho-Oh, no questions asked :)

  6. #36
    Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bouffalant Farm, England
    Posts
    2,668
    Blog Entries
    36
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    Ho-Oh is my favourite easily. It has one of the best signature moves ever and learns an incredible array of attacks, many of which are extremely unusual for a Fire type. I only wish it had weaker base stats so I could use it far more often.

    Who is this git?

  7. #37
    Team Flare Malva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    511

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    Oh god what is this
    How dare you.

    HO-OH WOULD BLAST THEM BOTH INTO NEXT WEEK

  8. #38
    At last, Kalos ghaskan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    5,817
    Blog Entries
    65
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    Quote Originally Posted by Elekid-Man View Post
    Ho-Oh, no questions asked :)
    Mind if I ask: why? :D

  9. #39
    Registered User Elekid-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    40
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    Quote Originally Posted by ghaskan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elekid-Man View Post
    Ho-Oh, no questions asked :)
    Mind if I ask: why? :D
    Cuz he is a beast :P And Ho-Oh can beat any of them and personally, Ho-Oh has always been better than Lugia in my eyes :)
    ghaskan likes this.

  10. #40
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    How is Charizard overrated? the amount of hate he get's says otherwise... If you want overrated look at Mewtwo he's the picture of overrated...

    I prefer Charizard... I can't stand Moltres really and Lugia is far cooler then Ho-oh... though he'd win in a up and up fight being Uber and all
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  11. #41
    Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    80

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    How is Charizard overrated? the amount of hate he get's says otherwise... If you want overrated look at Mewtwo he's the picture of overrated...

    I prefer Charizard... I can't stand Moltres really and Lugia is far cooler then Ho-oh... though he'd win in a up and up fight being Uber and all
    Mewtwo's not overrated because he can back it up. He has massive stats and a movepool that's the envy of many pokemon. His typing and abilities aren't terrific in ubers, but they don't hinder him all that much either. In short, Mewtwo is awesome whether we like it or not.

    Charizard, on the other hand, gets a lot of love simply because he looks 'cool.' He's treated as something that can stand with the likes of salamence and latias, especially by the younger fans, when he's clearly inferior to most fire types and mediocre when compared to the starters. That is the definition of overrated.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  12. #42
    Registered User Saiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Mewtwo's not overrated because he can back it up. He has massive stats and a movepool that's the envy of many pokemon. His typing and abilities aren't terrific in ubers, but they don't hinder him all that much either. In short, Mewtwo is awesome whether we like it or not.

    Charizard, on the other hand, gets a lot of love simply because he looks 'cool.' He's treated as something that can stand with the likes of salamence and latias, especially by the younger fans, when he's clearly inferior to most fire types and mediocre when compared to the starters. That is the definition of overrated.
    I agree that Mewtwo definitely isn't overrated, however I disagree that Charizard is simply because the hate outweighs the hype a lot of the time. As you said, it's mostly younger fans who hype him and that's understandable because most younger fans don't understand the game mechanics to the level competitive battlers do.

    Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

  13. #43
    Registered User charizardmaster125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    North West England, Cumbria
    Posts
    59
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    Charizard, because you can teach it Thunderpunch via the Move Tutor in HG/SS which would work well if Charizard had the right nature and its Attack stat has been well invested in. Even if Charizard is 4x weak to Stealth Rock, it will always be a fan favourite of mine.

  14. #44
    Registered User Shadow Victini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Treasure Town!
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    Ho-Oh, because I always preferred it to Lugia. And, in Pokémon Colosseum,

    Plus, Moltres reminds me faintly of chicken, and then I get hungry.
    Bellossom likes this.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic57049_1.gif

  15. #45
    Seriously, I'm a guy. Kaustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Fire Flying Battle: Charizard vs. Moltres vs. Ho-Oh

    I hate Charizard. Moltres is alright. Much love for Ho-Oh!! Easily my favorite Fire-type Pokemon. I'm surprised I'm in the majority; I would have thought Charizard was more popular.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •