• Espeon

77 46.67%
  • Umbreon

88 53.33%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Espeon vs. Umbreon

Default Re: Espeon vs. Umbreon

I'm not an Eeveelution fan, except for Jolteon, but I'll go with Umbreon. I prefer Dark types and the shiny one is actually nice looking.
    Espeon has a nice design too though. But Dark for me wins.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

I couldn't vote. I love them both, but Umbreon does fit my fighting style more.

Espeon looks better. I think Espeon is more useful, too. Umbreon is hard to use and hard to beat. If they were to fight, I think Espeon would win with Calm Mind-->Calm Mind--Signal Beam.

Iv'e had expeirience with both and Natrually they are both amazing in there own ways espeon has the offense and the speed.While Umbreon follows up with the high defense and Sp.Def and with the right moves allowed by its unique movepool can be a dangerous foe to any team.he reminds me of tentacruel who is the most OP water type with the poision advantage on grass well thats for a diffrent day

So, which one do you prefer? Espeon. It's my favorite Pokemon, so that's an easy answer.

Which one looks better? Both are great designs, but again I have to go with Espeon. It's elegant but still looks like a force to be reckoned with. I also love that it's inspired from cat yōkai.

Which one is more useful? I prefer fast, hard hitters, like Starmie, so Espeon is definitely more useful to me. It fits my overall fighting style. I do balance out my team with defensive mons too, though.

Which one would win in a fight? It depends on how it's handled. Umbreon has the advantage and high sp. defense, but Espeon has speed and sp. attack. If Espeon got the chance to set up a Calm Mind it could likely take out an unprepared Umbreon with Signal Beam or Dazzling Gleam without much problem.

I hope the sun is shining tomorrow...
    That would be reason enough to smile.

Blog Entries

Purple cat!

Nuff said.

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Which do I prefer: I'd have to say Espeon, though I love Umbreon as well.
    Which one looks better: Again, Espeon
    More useful: Espeon
    Who would win in a fight: In most cases I'd say Umbreon, Espeon has the defenses of wet paper while Umbreon's are vastly superior. It can easily get off the hits it needs to take out Espeon even with its lower attack and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post
    [Umbreon] can easily get off the hits it needs to take out Espeon even with its lower attack and speed.
    Not if Espeon knows Dazzling Gleam. My Absol learned that the hard way in Victory Road.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweilous View Post
    [Umbreon] can easily get off the hits it needs to take out Espeon even with its lower attack and speed.
    Not if Espeon knows Dazzling Gleam. My Absol learned that the hard way in Victory Road.
    If we're assuming competitive conditions then even with Dazzling Gleam Espeon won't be able to pull the 2HKO needed to KO Umbreon due to its much higher SpDef stat whereas Umbreon is guaranteed to 2HKO Espeon with its attack options and Espeon's poor physical bulk.

Blog Entries

Follow Markos on Tumblr Visit Markos's Youtube Channel

I like Umbreon more. It looks better and would win in a fight. Sadly, Magic Bounce makes Espeon unbelievably better.

Claims: Ferrothorn, PokéGear, Nanab Berry, Megahorn, Dry Skin, Caesar, Morgan Black

I love Umbreon, but Espeon has always been one of my favorite Pokemon. It's got a sleek, elegant design, and great stats, and its HA Magic Bounce is fantastic. I'm going with Espeon.
    FC: 4441 - 9268 - 6926

Umbreon definitely takes the win for me. She was the highlight of my team in platinum, the game that got me back into playing pokemon after a gap of many years, and was also the first pokemon to make me experiment with proper strategy and tactics. So there's definitely nostalgic fondness on umbreon's side, but even without that, I really love the design. Always seemed somehow quite lonely and melancholy, which I think makes her all the more adorable. I love espeon too, mind, but umbreon's my absolute favourite, so there's not much contest really.

So in answer to the criteria you gave:

So, which one do you prefer?

Umbreon. See above.

Which one looks better?

Umbreon. Such a nice colour scheme, and also its more foxy, rather than espeon, which is more like a cat. Definitely umbreon.

Which one is more useful?

Debatable, since their uses are so different. I regularly use espeon as a sweeper, since I can't get and don't really like alakazam. I don't use umbreon so much, but I know it can be very useful. But I think espeon takes the prize here. Magic bounce is a gem. If umbreon got at least a semi-decent dream world ability (*cough* prankster *cough*), it might be a different story, but espeon wins.

Which one would win in a fight?

Depends on how they're trained and what moves they know. Umbreon could probably one-shot espeon with payback, and could take a signal beam or two beforehand, but if espeon was prepared for this, it might be different. Still, I'll give the prize to umbreon here, since I don't want to get caught up in funny details.

Anyway, umbreon is the best!
    Signed, Lord Kyuubi

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Umbreon is better at all except maybe usefulness. That depends I guess.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

So, which one do you prefer?
    I prefer Umbreon as a matter of personal preference, I'm not that fond of the jewel in Espeon's forehead.

Which one looks better?
    Again, Umbreon

Which one is more useful?
    Umbreon

Which one would win in a fight?
    Umbreon is supereffective against Psychic. So Umbreon.
    URPG Floaroma Gym Leader!

Even if psychic is my favorite type, I think umbreon is better. It looks like its full of mysteries. The shiny form looks so cool!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast