• Electivire

55 70.51%
  • Magmortar

23 29.49%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electivire VS Magmortar

Blog Entries

Default Re: Electivire VS Magmortar

Magmortar's family will never be good-looking, so choosing Electivire in this respect is not fair. Magmortar is also denied of a special ability while Electivire is blessed with it is also not fair. You may think that life isn't fair, but this is not life, but a game. However, even then, I will still consider Magmortar my preference. I just find Electivire dull.

Let's see...For me, Electivire has the better design, plus it can learn Earthquake, which would deal some massive damage to Magmortar on the first move, since its speed is higher. If Magmortar does survive, however, it can also learn both Earthquake and SolarBeam, so...Electivire still wins. XD

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I actually centered a team around Electivire on Shoddy. And it works. Can you do that with a Magmortar? Nope.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Electivire, by design and usefulness.

Blog Entries

OMFG do you even have to ask? Electivire is awesome! Magmortar is just plain ugly! Like LickiLickiWotev! It has a freakin' cannon on its arms! How much more desperate can you get?! They just ruined Magmar!
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Which one has the better design? I like Electivire's design more.
    Which one do you prefer in-game? Electivire because I like its design and stats more than Magmortar's. Also, Electivire can learn Ice Punch for type coverage. Sure, Magmortar can learn Solar Beam but it needs to charge in the first turn.
    Which one would win in a fight? Electivire is faster than Magmortar and if it has Earthquake, Magmortar will be knocked out by one shot.
    Last edited by Blazing Aura; 7th October 2012 at 02:29 PM.

You can't change the world without a little pain - Team Plasma Grunt

「GENESIS BLADE」 ScarletSky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Which one has the better design? Electivire by far. Magmortar's design is somewhat disappointing.
    Which one do you prefer in-game? Electivire. Used to have one I enjoyed using when I still played competitively.
    Which one would win in a fight? Electivire. Faster, gets Earthquake. You do the math. :V

It's kind of sad. I normally like Fire types more, but Electivire wins without effort for me.

Music is Fun! Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Magmortar is a bit disappointing to me...

Electivire has a awesome attack stat and the speed and moves to use it. Magmortar, while having a good special attack, is pretty slow, frail, and has a more limited special movepool. And why doesn't it get something like Flash Fire since Electivire gets Motor Drive?

Now for the design. I expected something a bit more streamlined and cat-like for an Electabuzz evolution, but I do like Electivire's bulky look and wire-like tails. Magmortar, on the other hand, looks extremely disproportionate with tiny legs and a pretty chubby body. Not at all what I'd expect or want from a Magmar evolution. Also the pink doesn't look good on it at all. The creators should have just stuck with red, black, and yellow.

So yeah, Electivire has my vote.

I was really dissapointed by both of them. If had to pick one however I would go for Magmortar. Not because of it's sub-par stats or it's shallow movepool but because I just like his design more than Electivire's.

... (Which doesn't say anything tbh.)
    They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts.

Both are ugly but at the same time, they have interesting designs.
    I prefer Magmortar's, so it gets my vote.

I don't care much about which is better battle-wise.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I like Electivire more even though these two arent my favorite Pokemon ever. Electivire is better looking than Magmortar, who I have to say is kinda ugly IMO. I also generally like Electric types more than Fire types. I used an Electivire in Soul Silver for the Elite 4 and was impressed, it was very good for battling, I sweeped Lance with it in fact.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For me, the choice is easy: Electivire.

Design wise, I like it a lot more than Magmortar, which is just utterly unappealing. Add to that a nice Attack stat and a good movepool and there you go. That and it's shiny is so adorable that it hurts. I mean, the first time I saw it I had to have it; it looked so sweet and huggable. So Electivire FTW!

Yes, I think Electivire is cute. So sue me.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Electivire is pretty much better than Magmortar in terms of both design, movepool, and battle. If only Magmortar was given Earth Power and Scald.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123