Dragonite vs Salamence - Page 3

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite pseudo-legendary Dragon type?

Voters
241. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dragonite

119 49.38%
  • Salamence

122 50.62%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dragonite vs Salamence

Default Re: Dragonite vs Salamence

Dragonite ftw. I don't care what anybody says, Dragonite will always be my favorite dragon.
    Diamond friend code; 0389 3902 8809

Blog Entries

Salamence:
    -Great Special Attack stat.
    -Good speed.
    -Great Special and Physical movepool.
    -Intimidate.

Dragonite:
    -Great Physical and Special movepool.
    -Great Supporting movepool
    -Great HM Slave potential.
    -Extremespeed and Agility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Who would win in a battle?

Let's look into it. Salamence has higher Speed, whereas Dragonite has more bulk. That's the basic statement.

Most of the time, Salamence would just outright rip Dragonite with Outrage. 120 power augmented by STAB goes to 180. And with the "super effective" value factored in, it rockets to a fearsome 360 power. Coming off Salamence's huge Attack stat (base 135, max 405 at Lv.100), it's over for Dragonite.

In other cases, if Salamence is equipped with a Focus Sash, it can use Dragon Dance to boost its Attack and Speed, and then tear Dragonite to shreds with Outrage or Dragon Claw.

Specs Salamence can also slam Dragonite with a heavy Draco Meteor. With previous factors skyrocketing it to 420 power, and coming off its already high, Specs-bossted Sp. Attack, even a Haban Berry might not save the bulky dragon.

That's not to say Dragonite has no chance of winning. If equipped with a Haban Berry or a Sash, it can survive an unboosted onslaught, Dragon Dance, and hit back with its own Outrage. Dragonite has a lot of Attack, like Salamence (base 134, max 403 at Lv.100), so with Dragon Dance, it'll be overkill, really.

A Scarfed Dragonite can also be a nasty surprise for the prominent OU monster. It'll go in with Outrage/Draco Meteor or dance like a dragon (LOL), but before it can do anything, it'll get slammed with a speedy Outrage/Draco Meteor, and die without item support.

In general, Salamence wins, but Dragonite definitely stands a chance in battle.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

If Dragonite is holding a Haban Berry, Salamence is holding a Yache Berry and Intimidate is not being factored in....
    Salamence used Outrage. Dragonite barely survived! Dragonite used Ice Punch. Salamence barely surived!
    Dragonite used Extremespeed. Salamence fainted!

ggkthxbai

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SharKing View Post
    Who would win in a battle?

Let's look into it. Salamence has higher Speed, whereas Dragonite has more bulk. That's the basic statement.

Most of the time, Salamence would just outright rip Dragonite with Outrage. 120 power augmented by STAB goes to 180. And with the "super effective" value factored in, it rockets to a fearsome 360 power. Coming off Salamence's huge Attack stat (base 135, max 405 at Lv.100), it's over for Dragonite.

In other cases, if Salamence is equipped with a Focus Sash, it can use Dragon Dance to boost its Attack and Speed, and then tear Dragonite to shreds with Outrage or Dragon Claw.

Specs Salamence can also slam Dragonite with a heavy Draco Meteor. With previous factors skyrocketing it to 420 power, and coming off its already high, Specs-bossted Sp. Attack, even a Haban Berry might not save the bulky dragon.

That's not to say Dragonite has no chance of winning. If equipped with a Haban Berry or a Sash, it can survive an unboosted onslaught, Dragon Dance, and hit back with its own Outrage. Dragonite has a lot of Attack, like Salamence (base 134, max 403 at Lv.100), so with Dragon Dance, it'll be overkill, really.

A Scarfed Dragonite can also be a nasty surprise for the prominent OU monster. It'll go in with Outrage/Draco Meteor or dance like a dragon (LOL), but before it can do anything, it'll get slammed with a speedy Outrage/Draco Meteor, and die without item support.

In general, Salamence wins, but Dragonite definitely stands a chance in battle.
    Cool story bro, but you're making assumptions, using a few examples and taking the whole luck factor out of it. Critical hits happen, sometimes A LOT, you can't take that away. Also not everyone uses standard Smogon sets.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

No contest for me. Salamence is the winner. It's menacing, true to it's name, but has a certain dignity to it. I know this is a true dragon, with his epic design. Even when not trained to his full potential, he is quite amazing!

On the other hand. Dragonite is so...ugly. ._. There was Dratini, a cute little baby. And then there was Dragonair, the most graceful and beautful Dragon Pokemon ever. And when it evolved for the first time...I was like "what the hell is that", only without "the hell" since I was 13 at the time. D: Dragonair should have gotten an evolution as beutiful as it. Instead of this ugly...goofy cutesy-poo "dragon". Can we say "tastes like diabetes"?
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Salamence. Looks more epic to me, and is much more powerful. Dragonite has better balance and better defenses, but the looks let it down. I never liked it, and I was happy with Kingdra in Gen 2, and then Salamence in Gen 3, both much cooler Dragon Pokémon.

Yav

Dragonite, I have always loved that big guy. I call him Nitedragon though, see what I did there?

Blog Entries

Garchomp Salamence. Its design is way better. It looks more menacing and its speed and attack are high. Plus, its movepool is so much better. (Hydro Pump as an egg move, people)

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

追放されたバカ

Salamence only because I like the hoenn pokemon best.

Salamence looks so much cooler than Dragonite but both are pretty beast.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Dragonite.I really don't care what people say about it.Its a really good dragon type too.

Salamence!!Dragonite is too soft.Dragons should show aggresion and Salamence fits it.Even its ability(Intimidate)speaks for it.

Blog Entries

My choice is Salamance.

First of all, his design is cooler. For a pseudo-legendary, Dragonite looks kinda too... cute.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Considering almsot identical stats, same typing, and usage in the Elite Four... Salamence. BECAUSE LANCE HAS MADE ME HATE DRAGONITE!

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast