Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Default Dragon/Flying Showdown

Similar to the other showdowns.

Who will emerge victorious?

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Dragon/Flying Showdown

Dragonite, because it looks cute, and was Lance's go-to pokemon.

Also Salamence- I traded a shiny Gallade for one and it was very well worth it- it can beat Red (second time, if that makes any difference) in HG.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest. Join us!
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Rayquaza and Salamence, who work surprisingly well together in Ubers despite having the same strengths and weaknesses.

Blog Entries

Dragonite, for being cute, powerful and the original.
    Croconaw is officially claimed!

Quote Originally Posted by Time
    Did Ghastly come from a fart, or something? And why is it poisonous?

Rayquaza is the best - best base stats

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While Rayquaza is the best of the group, he's actually my third favorite. I just think he's highly overrated in terms of Legendary Pokemon. Frankly, I think Lugia, Kyorgre, Giratina, Suicune, Raikou, Articuno, Zapdos, Mewtwo, Celebi, Shaymin(S), Reshiram, Zekrom and the Musketeer trio are all better, more interestingly designed Pokemon than Rayquaza. He just looks a little bland to me.

My least favorite is Salamence. Mostly because everybody and their mother loves Salamence, which isn't a problem in and of itself since unlike some Pokemon *coughCharizardcough*, Salamence is actually useful, but because the love for Salamence translates into hate for the poor, underrated and quite awesome Dragonite.

Altaria, I did pick, mostly because it's adorable and underrated and did I mention adorable?

Dragonite's my favorite of the four though. By far. She's actually one of my top 5 all time favorite Pokemon. She just looks adorable and badass and epic and awesome all at the same time. Her stats, movepool and DW ability all come together really nicely to make her one destructive powerhouse that can (FINALLY!!!) step out of Salamence's shadow and carve a niche for herself in competitive play. Where she used to be an inferior Salamence, she's now on equal footin with him (both fullfilling different and equally important roles).

Furthermore, she evolves from one of the most beautiful and graceful Pokemon in existance, Dragonair. That's got to be worth some points in and of itself right there.

I'll admit, at first I was put off by the noticeable difference between Dragonair and Dragonite, but I soon learned to appreciate the cute, cuddly, adorable badasedness of Dragonite in it's own right and now I love both Pokemon's designs equally (but for different reasons).

Also, what do people have against kickass adorable Pokemon? They seem to get a lot of hate just because they don't look "cool" or "scary" (read: manly), to the point where I've heard people say Dragonite doesn't deserve to be a pseudo legendary (y'know, despite it's stats, movepool and typing) just based on her looks. It's, frankly, a little appalling.
    Lord Clowncrete likes this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Also, what do people have against kickass adorable Pokemon? They seem to get a lot of hate just because they don't look "cool" or "scary" (read: manly), to the point where I've heard people say Dragonite doesn't deserve to be a pseudo legendary (y'know, despite it's stats, movepool and typing) just based on her looks. It's, frankly, a little appalling.
    When I think of dragons, I think of ferocious, scary, fire-breathing, awe-inspiring winged beasts. Not cuddly fat lizards with wings. Yet, I don't have a problem with Altaria or Latias, the other cutesy Dragons, or even the lower evolutionary Stages of most Dragons. It boils down to precisely what you've described. Dragonite clashes too much with Dragonair's design. I was expecting, if not something serpentine, at the very least something that kept the same mysterious-esque aura Dragonair exuded. Even a similar face to Dragonair would've been fine, and preferably, a similar color scheme. Probably a more sleek design for extra measure. But nope.

Altaria and Latias are both originally cutesy and stay cutesy, so it clashes much less and they're more acceptable to my eyes. Plus, by then it was clear they didn't have a narrow sight for what makes a Dragon Pokémon. Before, Dragonite was the only one, and to me, it was a disappointment. Now I don't really mind all the different takes on Dragons, having come to expect some radical ideas over time.

That aside... my favorite Dragon/Flying Pokémon is Salamence. He's my favorite Dragon and favorite Pseudo, and remains as such to this day. He just rips through things and looks so damn awesome and menacing, and he's a most valuable asset in my Team nowadays.

Second would be Altaria. I really like her in many ways. She's pretty and has a peaceful aura about her. She's probably the weakest Dragon out there, but in no way useless.

Third is Rayquaza. It's a pretty cool Legendary and I like its backstory with Kyogre and Groudon, not to mention it's the mascot of the best Pokémon game to date. I used it a few times, and it was just astoundingly powerful. I just don't like its awkward red teeth. XD

Dead last is Dragonite. I won't go into further detail, my words above say what I think about him. He might be a very useful Pokémon, but the design ruins it for me.
    lol I got bored.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

Rayquaza is my preference, due to design.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like Rayquaza the best, but I'll also go with Dragonite.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Altaria, because I refuse to use anything higher than BL.
    Also phoenixes are kewl.
    Pchoooooooo~

Blog Entries

All of them except Salamence.
    Secret butt fun!

Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

Registered User MidnightEclipse's Avatar

Follow MidnightEclipse on Tumblr

Altaria is one of my all-time favourites, so naturally gets my vote.

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everything except Altaria. I've used all of the others, and Altaria was the one I liked least. It wasn't even that she had lower stats - she just wasn't much fun to use. Too predictable.

Blog Entries

dragonite
    just 'cause

Blog Entries

I picked Salamence and Rayquaza.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast