Diancie vs. Hoopa vs. Volcanion

View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diancie

6 42.86%
  • Hoopa

1 7.14%
  • Volcanion

7 50.00%

Thread: Diancie vs. Hoopa vs. Volcanion

♦ purupuru pururin rin ♦ Neosquid's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Diancie vs. Hoopa vs. Volcanion

[click on an image to go to the respective Serebii page]

The three legendaries in XY that are seperate from the Mortality Duo/Trio (many people group Zygarde together with Yveltal and Xerneas, including myself). None of them are currently released, being event legendaries, with Hoopa and Volcanion having yet to be even officially revealed. Which one of them is your favorite?

I prefer Diancie by a goddamn landslide, it's actually my favorite legendary Pokemon. It's the only one of the three which I consider to have a good design, I'm not a fan of Hoopa or Volcanion, design wise (Hoopa has some nice lore and a cool personality). Its kawaii levels are off the charts and it personally reminds me a lot of Sailor Moon...not that I'm a Sailor Moon fan, I just like anime girls lol. It also helps that I'm a big fan of both crystals and Carbink.

Edit: Mega Diancie owns my soul
    Last edited by Neosquid; 8th June 2014 at 02:23 AM.

Default Re: Diancie vs. Hoopa vs. Volcanion

Volcanion reminds me of a Mega Man X3 boss, Godkarmachine O Inari. That alone is enough reason to vote for it.

Plus, the Fire/Water-type is far more interesting than the typing of the other two legendaries in the poll.

Blog Entries

Follow Life on Tumblr

Personally, I think they all look quite ugly, though there are certainly worse.

I suppose it's a tie between Hoopa and Volcanion, if only for their unique typings.

Blog Entries

Quite a mixed bag. Looks-wise I like Diancie best. Lore-wise Hoopa is by far the most interesting. Battle-wise Volcanion seems pretty good with nice stats, the better Type combination and the best signature Move. Usually a Legendary Pokémon has to be appealing in all 3 areas for me to like it, so it's kinda impossible to choose between the 3.

Guess I'll go with Volcanion. It's looks are so-so, but I'll give it a chance. There's not a lot in terms of lore either, but maybe it will be explored later on, hopefully. At least it has more than Diancie for sure.

"I'm sure that we and Pokémon have helped each other and enriched the world since ancient times. These memories have been engraved in each Pokémon's heart! So, I want Pokémon and people to get closer and closer! As the Champion, I want to tell that to everybody!"

Blog Entries

Of these three, I much prefer Hoopa.

Diancie's not interesting to me because it's a fairy, and the design of fairies aren't quite appealing to me, unless you are talking about Clefable and family. Its type combination is not my favourite either, mainly because of Rock. It doesn't seem interesting battle-wise (not being able to combat Steel-types is an issue). Volcanion is better battle-wise from what we know, though its design doesn't interest me either.

Hoopa is somewhat more interesting in design, for it looks like it is Chinese-inspired and is black hole-themed. Its lore is interesting from things as well. The type combination is problematic in one way, but somewhat beneficial in some ways. It doesn't have the best matchups and ability, but it looks to be a powerhouse, with that power it could use the Shadow Ball and Focus Blast with lots of power.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Improving the Ice-type (04/09/2014)

The Puff Has Returned Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Diancie by a landslide for me, too. She's adorable and has a fantastic design. Gets points for being a Fairy-type, in general. It's also just cool that it came into being from a mutated Carbink.

The other two are fine, with Hoopa having some awesome lore and legends surrounding it and Volcanion having a unique typing, but Diancie is hands down just better looking.

♦ purupuru pururin rin ♦ Neosquid's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

oohh

oooohhhhhhh

what now bitches

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Volcanion with Hoopa as a close second. Volcanion has the coolest name, an okay design, the coolest typing.
    Hoopa is funny.
    Diancie is ugly and boring.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Blog Entries

I like mega Diance looks wise xD
    But I more so want Volcanion the most because of its battle capability and its typing! Oh ho its typing! I want that!
    But Hoopa is the stuff of my nightmares :/ it just gives me the creeps but that's a good thing :D

FC: 4725-8143-3936 IGN: Serenade
    Claims: Mega Gyarados, Noble Roar, Stance Change, King's Rock, Reshiram Doll

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Mega Diancie is definitely the most powerful revealed so far, but we never know the others might get Megas too?

Volcanion would probably win in battles.

As for Hoopa I dunno, my opinion will probably be formed by it in the cartoon/movie. I didn't like Shaymin until I saw the film and I fell in love, I think if Hoopa is a right lil Trickster/Prankster type, I could fall in love again.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Toss up between Dianice and Volcanion, not really sure which one.

Diancie would have been more interesting if it had just been a random super-rare pokemon you encounter with no explanation. Like Heatran. Heatran is cooler because there wasn't a movie about a talking Heatran. So that's my biggest complaint with Diancie, its prominence.
    It's still a 7/10 on good ideas though.

Hoopa is cute and has an interesting appearance and typing. It seems like something you would encounter in a sealed tomb while treasure hunting. And there's a possibility that it could be found on Mirage Island and is responsible for the island's behavior, which is pretty neat. 8/10 until we get more information

Volcanion had a lot of potential, I think. But steam explosions is not really... exciting I guess. His tube still looks really awesome. 6/10

I do think less of Diancie because of the anime movie, but if we disregard that, she's my favorite. I think. But it's close with Hoopa's cuteness.

Blog Entries
    Follow Felly On Twitter
    Follow Felly on Tumblr

Diancie for me. The design for it is so pretty, and I'm excited to see them actually launch it into the games and what all it'll do. :)

URPG Grader, Ranger, Official, & Referee
    URPG Stats || Grader Log || Petalburg Woods

Volcanion. I don't remember much of the details, but he has interesting design, lore, and type. Especially type. Diancie's cool too, but being related to a Pokemon (Carbink) yet not being gameplay related is just baffling to me.
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

PM me if you wish to add me as a friend on the 3DS!

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14, of the Relic Crown and Enigma Stone on 5/17/14, and most especially Arcanine on 7/5/14!