Delphox vs Emboar - Page 2

View Poll Results: Mage fox or Soldier pig?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delphox

36 66.67%
  • Emboar

18 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Delphox vs Emboar

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Delphox vs Emboar

Fire/Fighting got boring, Delphox.

And Emboar has more attack than Infernape and Blaziken? damn.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Delphox. I don't care much for its 3d model, but I love its official artwork. The typing is great and a nice change from the last 3 fire starters.

I really dislike Emboar. It's probably the only starter evolution that I dislike. Its pretty ugly and the type was that same as the previous 2 fire starters, so it was pretty disappointing.

Emboar. I reaaallly don't like Delpox's design. It's ugly and dull. Emboar isn't great but I think it looks better than Delphox by a longshot.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Delphox is bland. Emboar is a great pokemon that suffered from getting bashed as the third fire/fighting starter in a row

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually kinda like Emboar (as much as I'll ever like the 5th Gen Starters anyway). Sure, Fire/Fighting for a third time was incredibly annoying, and those paper thin defenses/horrible speed aren't doing it any favors, but in the end, it actually turned out to be a pretty decent Pokemon. I like its high HP/high recoil combination (leading to a high risk/high reward playstyle that's not often seen with Starters.) It was refreshing and new and so much cooler than Infernape. And yes, I still hate the monkey.

However...Delphox just blows Emboar out of the water in almost every way (in my opinion.) Its design is more evocative of a wizard (which is a concept I love) than Emboar's is of a sumo...or is it supposed to be a demon? I don't even know. The point is that Delphox's inspiration comes through loud and clear while Emboar's is just muffled under all those details. In terms of stats, Delphox has a better stat spread than Emboar. In all honesty, Emboar can't really do much with its stats. It's too slow to be a sweeper and to frail to be a tank. Sure, you can slap a Choice Scarf on it, but there are other mons that can do that better. Delphox's stats aren't something that's never been seen before or anything, but they're pretty solid.

The only thing Emboar has over Delphox is movepool. Emboar's movepool is much wider than Delphox's (Scald, for instance.) However, I feel like the fox's movepool will be greatly improved come the next game.

Oh, and their Hidden Abilities are both pretty terrible. Magician is almost completely useless competitively (it's good for getting Heart Scales in-game tho) and Reckless makes it so that Emboar practically kills itself with the recoil. No me gusta. No thank you.

Also, I tend to like majestic and feminine designs over 'badass' manly ones. So there's that.
    Startmirca likes this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Delphox easily for me. I dislike Emboar's design and while Delphox's is weird I quite like it. And Delphox is a type combination that only 1 pokemon had before, whereas Emboar is the 3rd Fire/Fighting starter in a row.

I prefer Emboar, though Delphox is pretty cool.
    Design-wise I just feel Emboar is better. I like that he's fattish, I like the colours (not many starters with a decent amount of black on them), the exploded tail, the eyebrows etc. etc. Delphox feels a bit too human-y sometimes. I do appreciate the design of the feet and legs, and the wand, but otherwise it's a bit disappointing. If it would have expanded on the white (and black) that Braixen had, instead of keeping it the same and suddenly switching to red. Even if the shade were more orangey I would like it better.
    Prevo-wise, Fennekin and Tepig are kind of equal to me, but Braixen trumps Pignite.
    *Also, I'm quite sure Emboar is based on a professional wrestler, not a sumo. Maybe it's a mixture. Either way, I don't mind subtlety in design influence. Delphox screaming wizard doesn't really give it any extra points in my book*

The one thing about Delphox which I prefer is the typing of course. And I do feel the typing is the cause for Emboar's low popularity, since people tend to start negatively after seeing that it's fire/fighting again.

Now, I haven't used Delphox, but I greatly enjoyed using Emboar. Heat Crash is one of my favourite things introduced in Gen V, and the whole thing just fits Emboar perfectly.

So, yeah, though I appreciate many aspects of Delphox and it is by no means my least favourite Fire starter, Emboar ftw.
    Uhhhh... hi.
    Suggestions for what should go here is welcome.
    *Yes, suggestions is. I'm a grammar hypocrite. Deal with it.*

Blog Entries

I'm a big Emboar fan. I didn't like Blaziken or Infernape so Emboar for me is a great Pokemon. Plus he isn't fragile like Blaziken or Infernape. If you miss a move with either of them and somebody pulls of a STAB Earthquake, they're gone. As for Delphox, I can't stand it. I think the typing is cool but it's design is horrid and it really isn't very good. Plus Shiny Emboar is one of the coolest looking Pokemon ever.
    FC is 1263 7145 9704 and Name is Drew. Also Charizard is underrated.

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

These two are to me the worst starters' final stages designs. Especially Delphox who started of with a very interesting design.
    Then ended up looking terrible. It's probably one of the most disappointing Pokemon designs. So I can't look it without remembering
    how disappointed I was. I initially disliked Emboar's design but seeing it in motion made me like it, a little.
    In battle, Delphox can sometimes be worthy. I've successfully used Delphox to counter Mega Lucario (a few times) and Mega Scizor (many times).
    I'm very torn between the two. I'll choose Emboar overall. Delphox's design is really turning me off.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Delphox 100%. I've used both (I always pick the fire-starter) and I was much more excited to use Fennekin than Tepig when the respective games came out. Emboar isn't bad, but I don't find it half as good as Delphox, and being the 3rd Fire/Fighting starter in a row would just upset me in the back of my mind even though I knew I would choose it. Delphox gets points for breaking that pattern.

I love Delphox's design. It is a wizard, in a dress/robe, with a magic wand as a stick. What could be better? The cute-loving girl in me just can't see Emboar as having the nicest looking or most appealing design. Not bad, but namely my least favorite of the Fire starters.

As for the best prevos...I love Braixen more than Delphox and Fennekin. Like, I am seriously in love with the body shape and the black legs and everything. And once again, the little girl in me prefers that over the cute piggies.

I'd assume a Delphox could beat an Emboar, but at the same time, it gets Head Smash, so I'd say either depending on the situation.

Me it would have to be EMBOAR
    Cause the one I had was unstoppable lol but soooo was delphox
    He/she was also unbeatable lol thx all for reading k both are my favs k

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

Enjoyed reading both sides - my vote goes to Delphox.

Love Delphox's design the most, it's also first Pokemon I used and like that is part fire type, I also love foxes (pigs? not so much)
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everything > Emboar.

Blog Entries

Going with Delphox. I don't dislike Emboar, he's actually pretty cool and strong, but I just like the magician concept that Delphox has. I'll admit I didn't like her change from Braixen too much, but seeing her in action and the Global Link artwork made her way better in my eyes. Plus she is a Fire/Psychic, which is a big breath of fresh air after three Fire/Fighting starters, much as I may find them acceptable individually.
    lol I got bored.

Gallifrey Falls No More Toa of Gallifrey's Avatar

Delphox. Emboar is alright but I definitely prefer Delphox in terms of gameplay and design.

Friend Safari: Ice: Delibird, Sneasel, Cloyster | Vivillon pattern: Archipelago
    PM me if you're interested adding me for the Friend Safari or want an Archipelago Vivillon that comes from a Friend Safari. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast