Clash of the Grass-starters! - Page 5

View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sceptile

    27 23.08%
  • Venusaur

    24 20.51%
  • Serperior

    29 24.79%
  • Torterra

    19 16.24%
  • Meganium

    18 15.38%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86

Thread: Clash of the Grass-starters!

  1. #61
    Now available in 4D! Flygon 101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the gorgeous, golden spires of the city Prospillium.
    Posts
    471
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Hooray, yet another battle...no offense meant to any fans so, let the free-for-all begin...



    The five of them are first very silent and very still. They wait for the perfect moment. Sceptile,Venusaur,Jalorda,Torterra and Meganium.

    Then, in a flash, Sceptile speeds off as fast as a bullet thanks to the sunlight and manages to land a leaf blade on meganium's neck before it even moves.

    Torterra uses Earthquake and breaks up the battlefield, causing Venusaur to lose its footing. In retalliation, it launches a Stun Spore attack which reaches a staggering Meganium.

    Meanwhile, Jalorda, realising this could be a brutal brawl, begins to slither away into the undergrowth but is grabbed by the tail by Sceptile who swings it into the back of Torterra. While in the air, it manages to land a Giga Drain on Torterra.

    Meganium fires a powerful Magical Leaf at Sceptile who does an acrobatic backflip to dodge it. When he lands, Venusaur uses Razor Leaf which slices up the leaves on Sceptiles arms.

    Jalorda climbs onto Torterras back and uses Coil Around on its tree trunk. Torterra uses Leaf Storm to force Jalorda off but it transforms the attack into a Grass Mixer and hurls it at Meganium. As Meganium crashes into the ground, it spots a Bluk berry and uses Natural Gift..
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Natural_Gift_(move)

    A flaming fireball launches out of nowhere at Jalorda who hides behind Torterra to dodge it. Torterra tries to run but is too slow and large to do so.

    Sceptile zooms across the field to land a heavy X-Scissor on to Venusaurs head. Venusaur bombards Sceptile with Razor Leaf after Razor Leaf but Sceptiles incredible speed allows him to keep on dodging but suddenly Sceptile trips on a raised piece of ground thanks to Torterras Earthquake and flies through the air until he gets clobbered by Venusaurs Take Down.

    While Torterra is burned, Jalorda climbs up onto Torterras back once again and uses the tree trunk as a catapult to jump onto Meganium and use Coil Around on its neck. Meganium wildly shakes it head to get Jalorda off but it doesnt work. As Meganium tries to use Aromatherapy, Jalorda uses one final Giga Drain on Meganium.

    KO to Meganium (did anyone like it anyway?)

    Torterra struggles to get up and buckles under the pressure. One of its knees is badly burnt, leaving it right in the firing line for Venusaurs supercharged Solarbeam.

    KO to Torterra

    Sceptile reluctantly gets to its feet and gets immediately hit by Jalordas Leaf Blade. As Jalordas readies for another Leaf Blade, Sceptile counters with its own, forgetting it no longer has any leaves on its arms to turn into blades.

    KO to Sceptile

    Venusaur fires a Razor Leaf at Jalorda who gracefully dodges it thanks to its streamlined and snakelike body. Seeing an opportunity, Venusaur uses Synthesis but doesnt fully recover before Jalorda uses its tail as a spring to fire itself at Venusaur and use Gastro Acid. As Jalorda and the Gastro Acid fly through the air, Venusaur charges another Solarbeam and thanks to the bright sunlight of the afternoon, vaporises the Gastro Acid and blasts Jalorda straight across the battlefield, past Meganium and Sceptile and Torterra, through two trees and down into the undergrowth, leaving Jalorda in a coiled mess in a bush.



    Winner - Venusaur

  2. #62
    Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    80

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon 101 View Post
    Hooray, yet another battle...no offense meant to any fans so, let the free-for-all begin...



    The five of them are first very silent and very still. They wait for the perfect moment. Sceptile,Venusaur,Jalorda,Torterra and Meganium.

    Then, in a flash, Sceptile speeds off as fast as a bullet thanks to the sunlight and manages to land a leaf blade on meganium's neck before it even moves.

    Torterra uses Earthquake and breaks up the battlefield, causing Venusaur to lose its footing. In retalliation, it launches a Stun Spore attack which reaches a staggering Meganium.

    Meanwhile, Jalorda, realising this could be a brutal brawl, begins to slither away into the undergrowth but is grabbed by the tail by Sceptile who swings it into the back of Torterra. While in the air, it manages to land a Giga Drain on Torterra.

    Meganium fires a powerful Magical Leaf at Sceptile who does an acrobatic backflip to dodge it. When he lands, Venusaur uses Razor Leaf which slices up the leaves on Sceptiles arms.

    Jalorda climbs onto Torterras back and uses Coil Around on its tree trunk. Torterra uses Leaf Storm to force Jalorda off but it transforms the attack into a Grass Mixer and hurls it at Meganium. As Meganium crashes into the ground, it spots a Bluk berry and uses Natural Gift..
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Natural_Gift_(move)

    A flaming fireball launches out of nowhere at Jalorda who hides behind Torterra to dodge it. Torterra tries to run but is too slow and large to do so.

    Sceptile zooms across the field to land a heavy X-Scissor on to Venusaurs head. Venusaur bombards Sceptile with Razor Leaf after Razor Leaf but Sceptiles incredible speed allows him to keep on dodging but suddenly Sceptile trips on a raised piece of ground thanks to Torterras Earthquake and flies through the air until he gets clobbered by Venusaurs Take Down.

    While Torterra is burned, Jalorda climbs up onto Torterras back once again and uses the tree trunk as a catapult to jump onto Meganium and use Coil Around on its neck. Meganium wildly shakes it head to get Jalorda off but it doesnt work. As Meganium tries to use Aromatherapy, Jalorda uses one final Giga Drain on Meganium.

    KO to Meganium (did anyone like it anyway?)

    Torterra struggles to get up and buckles under the pressure. One of its knees is badly burnt, leaving it right in the firing line for Venusaurs supercharged Solarbeam.

    KO to Torterra

    Sceptile reluctantly gets to its feet and gets immediately hit by Jalordas Leaf Blade. As Jalordas readies for another Leaf Blade, Sceptile counters with its own, forgetting it no longer has any leaves on its arms to turn into blades.

    KO to Sceptile

    Venusaur fires a Razor Leaf at Jalorda who gracefully dodges it thanks to its streamlined and snakelike body. Seeing an opportunity, Venusaur uses Synthesis but doesnt fully recover before Jalorda uses its tail as a spring to fire itself at Venusaur and use Gastro Acid. As Jalorda and the Gastro Acid fly through the air, Venusaur charges another Solarbeam and thanks to the bright sunlight of the afternoon, vaporises the Gastro Acid and blasts Jalorda straight across the battlefield, past Meganium and Sceptile and Torterra, through two trees and down into the undergrowth, leaving Jalorda in a coiled mess in a bush.



    Winner - Venusaur
    Cool narration, but there are a few things wrong with that battle.

    1. Sceptile's speed isn't boosted by the sun, Venusaur's is.

    2. Magical Leaf doesn't miss. Simple, it can't. That's it's effect.

    3. Why the hell doesn't Venusaur use Sludge Bomb?

    Oh, and I like Meganium. A lot. More than Jarod, Torterra and maybe even Sceptile.

    (PS: There's a Water type and a Fire type thread of these as well)
    Last edited by Grass Type Warrior; 13th November 2010 at 10:50 AM.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  3. #63
    Nuzlocke Challenger EpicScizor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    595
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    I choose based on how they look, so I chose Meganium(yes, I like how Meganium looks). Its my ever-faithful starter in SS.
    Croconaw is officially claimed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Time
    Did Ghastly come from a fart, or something? And why is it poisonous?

  4. #64
    back to the start Arc Blader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,512
    Blog Entries
    19

    Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    I like Meganium best. Sceptile and Torterra are neck and neck for number two. I'm indifferent to Venusaur. I really don't like Jaroda's design, but Antagonist Leaf Storm makes it possibly the most dangerous thing in the history of time. H-Bombs? Nah. Whatever you do, don't let Jaroda fall into the wrong hands.

  5. #65
    Now available in 4D! Flygon 101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In the gorgeous, golden spires of the city Prospillium.
    Posts
    471
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy;
    Cool narration, but there are a few things wrong with that battle.

    1. Sceptile's speed isn't boosted by the sun, Venusaur's is.

    2. Magical Leaf doesn't miss. Simple, it can't. That's it's effect.

    3. Why the hell doesn't Venusaur use Sludge Bomb?

    Oh, and I like Meganium. A lot. More than Jarod, Torterra and maybe even Sceptile.

    (PS: There's a Water type and a Fire type thread of these as well)
    Thanks for your criticism,
    I thought all grass types got faster in sunlight.
    Forgot about Magical Leaf.
    Venusaur didnt use Sludge Bomb because I was distracted and put Stun Spore instead.
    No offense meant.

  6. #66
    Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I'm needed
    Posts
    4,563
    Blog Entries
    169

    Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    People are overestimating Jaroda like crazy.

    Even after a 6+ boost, Sceptile's Leaf Storm only manages a 2HKO on Pokemon with great Sp.D and a 4x resistance to Grass like Venusaur. And Sceptile already has a lot more Sp.A than Jaroda.

    Finding Pokemon with a 4x resistance to Grass and good/great Sp.D is not that hard and considering how popular Venusaur was, I don't see why everyone is seemingly so afraid of Jaroda.

  7. #67
    Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    80

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Quote Originally Posted by Flygon 101 View Post
    Thanks for your criticism,
    I thought all grass types got faster in sunlight.
    Forgot about Magical Leaf.
    Venusaur didnt use Sludge Bomb because I was distracted and put Stun Spore instead.
    No offense meant.
    None taken. Just pointing somethings out. Oh, and for future reference, most Venusaur like Sleep Powder over Stun Spore (but that's not so much a criticism as it is information about certain trends).

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    People are overestimating Jaroda like crazy.

    Even after a 6+ boost, Jaroda's Leaf Storm only manages a 2HKO on Pokemon with great Sp.D and a 4x resistance to Grass like Venusaur. And Sceptile already has a lot more Sp.A than Jaroda.

    Finding Pokemon with a 4x resistance to Grass and good/great Sp.D is not that hard and considering how popular Venusaur was, I don't see why everyone is seemingly so afraid of Jaroda.
    Noticed the typo and I fixed it for you... I think.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  8. #68
    II.5 Eradia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Jaroda/Jalorda.

    I love its design; its stats & the Antagonist/Leaf Storm combo are just a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

  9. #69
    IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Posts
    2,851
    Blog Entries
    31

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Meganium. My all-time favorite Pokémon PWNS any other. I Absol-utely love its design.

  10. #70
    ばか tachimegun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    A tiny island 144 km from the equator
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Torterra is the best Pokemon ever! :D

    But Torterra has a disadvantage against its own type, grass, because of its ground typing.
    Time is not money.

  11. #71
    WORK MAKES YOU FREE Shokktrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Sceptile. He is one of the fastest and strongest in the group. Too bad he has weak defenses. I also like him the best in design.

  12. #72
    cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,689
    Blog Entries
    145

    Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Meganium! It's always been my favorite final stage evolution of all the grass starters.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

  13. #73
    Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,302
    Blog Entries
    315
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    Even after a 6+ boost, Sceptile's Leaf Storm only manages a 2HKO on Pokemon with great Sp.D and a 4x resistance to Grass like Venusaur. And Sceptile already has a lot more Sp.A than Jaroda.
    That is of course, only if a Venusaur invests heavily in Sp Def. Last time in UU I 2 ko'd a Venusaur with my Sceptile's leaf storm (full spikes and SR, choice specs, no boosts). I think that Venusaur was offensively designed though.


  14. #74
    Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    80

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    That is of course, only if a Venusaur invests heavily in Sp Def. Last time in UU I 2 ko'd a Venusaur with my Sceptile's leaf storm (full spikes and SR, choice specs, no boosts). I think that Venusaur was offensively designed though.
    To be fair, you had a Choice Specs, three layers of Spikes and Stealth Rock. The question is weather Sceptile would 2HKO offensive Venusaur with Leaf Storm if the field is completely clear and niether Pokemon have any items.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  15. #75
    Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I'm needed
    Posts
    4,563
    Blog Entries
    169

    Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Clash of the Grass-starters!

    @Envoy I meant Sceptile because I can't calculate how well Jaroda would do since I'm not aware of a Damage Calculator that includes the new one. I use Sceptile because it has even higher Sp.A and still fails to kill Venusaur after a 6+ boosted Leaf Storm. If Sceptile can't do it. Jaroda sure as hell isn't. Considering how good and common Venusaur is, Jaroda is going to run into it often.

    @Mijzelffan Assuming that Stealth Rock is up is a good bet but a full layer of spikes is rather conditional. Sceptile is damn good but its not going to defeat Venusaur most of the time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •