26 23.21%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Charizard vs Emboar

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Charizard vs Enbuoo

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post
    Yes, a Chinese monk from an amazing story is much more original than a fire-breathing dragon. And it's true, Enbuoh should have been Fire/Water. But due to where she's based off of, it makes almost perfect sense.

"Straw feminist"? Never been called that before. D8 I refer to Enbuoh as "she" because my first Pokabu was a she.

._. We're calling the TYPING unoriginal. By that logic, Feraligatr and Daikenki are rip-offs of Blastoise, and Jalorda is a rip-off of Meganium. Which is a pretty stupid argument.
    Yes, but pure Grass and pure Water are the default. Fire/[insert secondary type here] is not the default. This alone means sustains the argument that Fire/Fighting is unoriginal whereas Water and Grass is not.

Also, keep in mind that I highly dislike both Charizard and Embuoh. Okay, let's be frank, I outright hate them both. With that out of the way, you should know that I'm not especially adamant to defend either of them.

As a side note: I have to say I did not like that Jaroda and Daikenki are monotyped. I would have much prefered them as dual types with whatever type combo.
    Saiga likes this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

I wouldn't say Charizard is inherently original or unoriginal, but Emboar is VERY unoriginal. He's also inferior to Blaziken in every regard but Health and Attack (only 3 more points in attack though).

Charizard all the way.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Charizard gets my vote as Emboar has it tough with its fire/fighting predecessors because of its defenses and speed. They should really upgrade Flame Charge next gen to change that.

I like Charizard because I personally think that its design is much better. Plus, I've had good experience using Charizard in-game, while I've never really used Emboar at all.

Blog Entries

Charizard.. he's my favorite starter and though he's overrated Emboar is just augh! Another Fire/Fighting!!! now matter how cool his orgin is... Fire/Fighting makes him suck
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Charizard.. he's my favorite starter and though he's overrated Emboar is just augh! Another Fire/Fighting!!! now matter how cool his orgin is... Fire/Fighting makes him suck
    Actually, Fire/Fighting makes him neutral to Stealth Rock, which is a requirement to be effective in competitive play, but the point is that he's just an inferior Blaziken despite having a better movepool (many fire types want scald).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Actually, Fire/Fighting makes him neutral to Stealth Rock, which is a requirement to be effective in competitive play, but the point is that he's just an inferior Blaziken despite having a better movepool (many fire types want scald).
    I know Fire/Fighting is a great combo but compared to Blaziken and Infernape who are in Uber and OU he sucks and Charixard would own him with STAB Flying moves. Emboar is actually the worst Fire Starter... he wouldn't be able to fight the others Charizard can 1shot him with Fly or Airslash. Speed Boost Blaziken recks his shit and so does Infernape... as for Typlosion... No idea...

Emboar would be far more popular if he wasn't a Fire/Fighting... I know is orgin but the character was a water demon right? Plus Samurott should've been a fighting tpe it's a fucling SAMURIA!!!
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Yeah, Charizard win's. GF set Emboar up for failure from the start, with the fire/fighting typing.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Charizard vs Emboar

I. Hate. Charizard. I am not much of an Emboar fan but I definitely like it more than Charizard because it is not as over-rated. It can also work in trick room I guess. So, yeah emboar. I wish it had a better stat distribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Emboar's a pretty cool guy. That's about as much praise as a Fire/Fighting starter is going to get from me. At least he ain't Charizard.

Blog Entries

Charizard = Worst starter ever made.
    Overhyped peace of shit.

Emboar is my favorite Fire/Fighting, so...

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Charizard can kill Emboar with a simple Fly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345