Camerupt vs. Magcargo

View Poll Results: Camerupt or Magcargo?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Camerupt

15 75.00%
  • Magcargo

2 10.00%
  • This is a really hard choice, they're both really awesome!

3 15.00%
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyspotter
  • 1 Post By yip9
  • 1 Post By MizuTaipu
  • 1 Post By Pokémon Master Ash
  • 1 Post By Karpi

Thread: Camerupt vs. Magcargo

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Default Camerupt vs. Magcargo

The token forgotten fire types on Gens II and III. Nobody seems to like them too much, but they're surprisingly useful.

But, which one is more useful? Which has the better design? Who wold win in a battle? Which has the better pre-evolution? And who is better overall?
    Saturnidae likes this.

Default Re: Camerupt vs. Magcargo

I think Camerupt is more useful. It came in handy in Emerald, with its lovely combo of ground and fire. I think it's amusing that it can beat other fire Pokemon with ground while being weak to ground. It's hard to say which has the better design. Camerupt is a cute erupting camel, but Magcargo is a magma snail that rocks and its name makes me hungry for escargot. Who would win in a battle? It looks to me like the faster Camerupt would use a double super effective ground attack for a one-hit KO. As for their pre-evolutions, Numel is a numb camel. It's cute and useful, assuming the opponent's Numel doesn't get a higher Magnitude than your Numel. I like slugs almost as much as snails, so Slugma is quite nice too. It rocks that the flaming slug can learn Rock Throw before it becomes a rock Pokemon. Overall, I think I'll have to side with Camerupt, mainly because I have better memories of time training it.
    Saturnidae likes this.

Blog Entries

I prefer Magcargo more in terms of design and pre-evolution (also both its main Abilities can help hatch Eggs faster), but I think Camerupt is a better battler.
    Saturnidae likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

God knows I love Johto and Magcargo, but I have to go with Camerupt here overall.
    Saturnidae likes this.

Blog Entries

I know these pokemon get made fun of, but Camerupt and Magcargo (and Torkoal, who I consider to be similar) are my 3 favorite fire types.

-I love Camerupt because I used one for YEARS and YEARS in sapphire version. Actually, I had 2 of them: one was on my level 50 "battle team" and was usually paired with my Chimecho for Levitate+Earthquake, and one was either at level 80 or 100 (I think he sat at 80 for a while, then I got him to 100 later) and I used him to feel powerful using Eruption. RIP both of you!
    -I love Magcargo because it's part of my fanfiction world. The boyfriend of my main character uses a Magcargo as his main pokemon (well, it slowly becomes his main pokemon). The story has been running for 9 years, 6 of which Magcargo(/Slugma) has been present for. It has a special place in my heart for this reason.
    -I love Torkoal because it was one of the main pokemon my brother used in Ruby version. Damn, that thing was tough sometimes; it always had more Sp. Def. than I anticipated. And I feel like Torkoal has one of the best designs of any pokemon. I don't have the emotional attachment to Torkoal as much as the other two, but I suspect my brother does.

This is why I can't choose! I think I'm going to say Magcargo wins by just a hair, but only because I'm reliving in my head some of his best battles scenes that I wrote. Specifically, against a Gyarados as a Slugma. :)
    Saturnidae likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Camerupt is amazing. Can't really say much for Magcargo, unfortunately I was never really fond of it as much as I was with Camerupt. .___.; Plus, competitively, I've heard specs camerupt (and in TR) is pretty freaking awesome. n_n

I absolutely love both of these pokemon....... but MAgcargo is always kind of special to me, so I voted for it :D
    BUGS!!
    We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics.
    Currently wildly, violently obsessed with danganronpa..

超高校級の自然主義者

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I choose Camerupt. I like it's design much more than Magcargo. It's almost kind of cute in a way. Funny, I actually prefer Slugma to Numel. I've only used Camerupt out of the 2 but only as a rental in PBR. But anyway, I figure Camerupt would win a battle due to type advantage.

"Aphrodite Lady" LavenderTownGhost's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Camerupt by a long shot. Macargo lacks too much in defenses for me to be comfortable using it.

Plus, Camerupt looks cooler. <3
    "Every day is Halloween!"

"I look spooky, but I'm really nice!" -Sharon Needles