Best Starting Town - Pallet vs. New Bark vs. Littleroot vs. Twinleaf vs. Nuvema

View Poll Results: Which is the best starting town?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pallet Town - Kanto

7 11.48%
  • New Bark Town - Johto

26 42.62%
  • Littleroot Town - Hoenn

12 19.67%
  • Twinleaf Town - Sinnoh

8 13.11%
  • Nuvema Town - Unova

8 13.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Starting Town - Pallet vs. New Bark vs. Littleroot vs. Twinleaf vs. Nuvema

Blog Entries

Default Best Starting Town - Pallet vs. New Bark vs. Littleroot vs. Twinleaf vs. Nuvema

CAUTION: Do NOT ask why I didn't include other regions' starting towns! This is only for the main-series towns.

vs. vs. vs. vs.
    Pallet Town, Kanto vs. New Bark Town, Johto vs. Littleroot Town, Hoenn vs. Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh vs. Nuvema Town, Unova

~Which starting town is the most memorable?

~Which starting town has the best location(s) near it?

~Which starting town is the best?
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Default Re: Best Starting Town - Pallet vs. New Bark vs. Littleroot vs. Twinleaf vs. Nuvema

New Bark Town: Instead of going up to a route, you go left. No other starting town has this.
    Quote Originally Posted by No Use For a Name View Post
    A lion wouldn't cheat on his wife, but a Tiger Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken_2393 View Post
    (What if)Rebecca Black and Justin Bieber sing a duet?

In my opinion, it would be a catastrophic apocalypse calamity of unscaled proportion.

Default Re: Best Starting Town - Pallet vs. New Bark vs. Littleroot vs. Twinleaf vs. Nuvema

Littleroot Town: There is no water in sight in this small town. No other starting town has this.

Plus, Littleroot Town has the best, most soothing starting town music ever. I use is as a lullaby when the radio isn't usable.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I Dont Suck, It's Rigged Dark Master Draya's Avatar

Pallet town ftw!!!

its the original... the older ones are the best
    Last edited by Dark Master Draya; 13th May 2011 at 08:07 PM.

Blog Entries

I voted for New Bark Town since I have my nostaligic goggles on. :D

Anyway...

New Bark Town because it just gave me the most homely feel back when Pokemon was new. And now it is memorable. I don't it might change in 10 years because Littleroot, Twinleaf, and Nuvema are all still recent.

I believe New Bark Town since Blackthorn leads to the route connecting to New Bark. Also, New Bark Town has access to the Kanto region.

For nostalgic purposes and for being homely.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

New Bark Town. No, really, I have no nostalgia for Gold and Silver, never having played those games (only their remakes, and I have no nostalgia for them, either, though I will eventually).

Which town is most memorable?: New Bark Town has some distinctive windmills, nice-looking houses, and a nice tune.

Which town has the best locations near it?: New Bark Town, of course. It's the only starting town (and the only town, for that matter) that leads to another region.

Which starting town is the best?: See above.
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

Offline for a while HexagonStephen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Littleroot. It was the one I started with.

Nuvema. I love Unova Route 1, and routes 17 and 18 are near by.

Littleroot! It's my favorite!

Also, I am offering my services as an Original Pokemon Trainer designer. It's free, but I might need time depending on your requests. PM for details if you are interested.

Offline possibly for the summer. Don't VM or PM me because I may not see it for a few months.

I love Littleroot Town and Twinleaf Town because of their lovely music.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Nuvema town, because White is the first Pokémon game I completed all by myself, and I've grown fond of it.
    New Bark town, because it's near Kanto and Blackthorn city.
    Nuvema town, for the reason stated above.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

I guess Pallet Town and New Bark Town are the most memorable, though those windmills are surely an HGSS invention that I don't think I'm too fond of. Other than that though, New Bark Town seems to be the greatest, located at the intersection of so many great routes and regions. It's also an interesting fact that you go left, ha ha.

I've not seen Nuvema prior to this, but it looks incredible.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Registered User xanderthevampire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For me its new bark.

Most memorable: new bark. Although I started with pallet in pokemon yellow, new bark just sticks in my mind more. It was more homely, had more features to make you keep coming back (money saving etc) it had the best rival intro, it connected to kanto, the list goes on...

Best locations: obviously new bark. Its close to kanto, bellsprout tower, etc.

Best starting town: new bark

Evan though my journy began in Pallet Town first, I love the design for New Bark town and it's Motto "Winds of a New Beginning"

Either Pallet or New Bark for most memorable

New Bark Town's music is just so soothing and made me feel really welcome in the game.

So i'm gonna say New Bark Town followed closely by Pallet Town.

NOTE: New Bark also leads you to Indigo Plateu

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

I voted for Pallet because Green/Blue lives there :P

I voted for Twinleaf, because next to the others (Aside New Bark) it seems more realistic. Come on, no town has TWO HOUSES and a professor. (Unova has three but shuddup >.<)

And I prefer Twinleafs msuic, so twinleaf it is!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast