Best bird overal - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which of them is the strongest in general, taking every aspect into account?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pidgeot

0 0%
  • Swellow

2 11.76%
  • Staraptor

4 23.53%
  • Braviary

2 11.76%
  • Swanna

0 0%
  • Talonflame

9 52.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best bird overal

Blog Entries

Default Re: Best bird overal

As many said, Staraptor and Talonflame seem to be the kings of the roost (pun intended). Both have their pros and cons, but are generally the best of the main birds.

Staraptor: Has Intimidate standard, Close Combat to pummel Rock and Steel types, can learn Steel Wing via TM, when it has Reckless, Brave Bird/Double-Edge hits like a warhead, highest attack, good speed, cool design

Talonflame: Flame Body is very useful, Gale Wings grants +1 Priority to Flying moves, fastest of the birds, learns Steel Wing naturally to deal with its major headache: Rock, gains Fire-typing after evolving, Flare Blitz/Brave Bird make it a one Mon wrecking crew, cool design

So it's a tough choice between those two. And I love both either way, as they are awesome birds. But I may have to go with Talonflame just because its typing and wider moves give it a slight edge over Staraptor (but it's still right up there).
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

I like a lot of the regional birds. I've used Pidgeot twice in FireRed, and Swellow in Emerald. I've used Staraptor and Talonflame, but not in official game plays, but I do love their designs and movesets. Talonflame is awesome for being the first regional bird to change type from it's base stage. Swellow is great with a Guts boosted Facade. Staraptor is awesome with Brave Bird and Close Combat. And Pidgeot I just nice design wise. Braviary's design is okay as well, but I don't care for it too much. I also hate how long it takes for Rufflet to evolve. It's too bad Chatot isn't on this list because it's truly my favorite and it's actually pretty strong. The other birds are just lame imo. The Pidove family especially.

But since I don't competitively battle or anything like that, I'm choosing purely on what I've used in game and knowledge of movesets, which is Staraptor.

Blog Entries

Braviary is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time thanks mostly to its design. However, Staraptor and Talonflame are probably the best. Staraptor has Close Combat, making it a serious offensive threat to Ice, Rock, Steel and Dark types. Brave Bird, coupled with its attack stats and STAB, should not be taken lightly. Ever. On the other hand, Talonflame's naturally high speed makes it a speedy threat to things like Scizor, especially with Flare Blitz. Flame Body has helped me many times during my playthrough of Y, and its HA, Gale Wings, can make it an OP supporter AND attacker, harassing opponents with Acrobatics while Tailwinding teammates.

All of these guys get bonus points for having nice-looking designs. I happen to have a great love for birds of prey, and I happen to have a nest of swallows right next to a window where I live. However, every time I try to use a Pidgeot in my main team, it falls behind so much it ends up an HM slave or replaced. Its shallow movepool and okay stats just don't cut it unless it's several levels higher than the opponent. Swellow was an excellent partner in RSE, but doesn't match up to Talonflame or Staraptor. (It still swept cool contests with those slick wings. )

Staraptor and Talonflame are both effective in battle, but i'll choose the heavy hitter over the high-speed harasser. Why? Staraptor's a more creative name than Talonflame, of course. With the fletching-arrow theme they had going with its pre-ev's they should've kept its name as Fiarrow. D:
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327
    Y: Black
    Alpha Sapphire: Marik

Claimer of the Keyblade, the Wabbajack, some Phoenix Down, Lucina, the Silver Bow, and Roxas.

I see. So:
    Talonflame>Staraptor>Braviary>Swellow>Swanna>Pidgeot ?

Join the toad side!
    Blog Entries

I voted for my favorite, Staraptor but then I saw "taking every aspect into account". I change my vote to Talonflame thanks to Gale Wings.

Blog Entries
    Follow Felly On Twitter
    Follow Felly on Tumblr

Talonflameeeee. I'm kinda biased though 'cause I like Fire types, and Talonflame is a dual Fire/Flying type. Gale Wings is a pretty cool ability though, I'll have to admit that.

URPG Grader, Ranger, Official, & Referee
    URPG Stats || Petalburg Woods

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I'm voting Staraptor. Close Combat is really cool.
    The Rainmaker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12