Battle of the Int'l Metropolises! Saffron vs Castelia vs Lumiose Cities

View Poll Results: So which city you'd like to call your home?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saffron City, Poke-Japan

3 21.43%
  • Castelia City, Pokemerica

2 14.29%
  • Lumiose City, Poke-France

9 64.29%

Thread: Battle of the Int'l Metropolises! Saffron vs Castelia vs Lumiose Cities

Blog Entries

Default Battle of the Int'l Metropolises! Saffron vs Castelia vs Lumiose Cities

Soooo....you moved to a big city for a place to live, to battle other trainers, and/or just to explore and hang around. Where should it be?

I've been a big-city boy myself, and living in a city is something that I am familiar with. In addition, the world is progressively undergoing urbanization; by now, more than half of the world's population are living in cities now. So, without further ado, let's have a vote on the three biggest cities in the three Poke-nations of Poke-Japan, Poke-USA/Pokemerica, and Poke-France!

- Safferon City, Poke-Japan

- Castelia City, Pokemerica

- Lumiose City, Poke-France?
    Last edited by henrymidfields; 16th December 2013 at 04:51 AM.

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Default Re: Battle of the Int'l Metropolises! Safferon vs Castelia vs Lumiose Cities

I love the Castelia City. Although I think they could have done better in making it the microcosm of New York City, I still enjoyed and love the feel of the city.
    The tall huge buildings and people in a hurry, also the few alleys they had. I always enjoy finding out the small details and surprises of the area.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle of the Int'l Metropolises! Saffron vs Castelia vs Lumiose Cities

Lumiose City all the way, its fun to explore, has a bazillion buildings and people, and has its own side quests with Looker.
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

Gallifrey Stands Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Default Re: Battle of the Int'l Metropolises! Saffron vs Castelia vs Lumiose Cities

Gotta say Lumiose, for the Paris connection.

Sassy in a hat VoltChen Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow VoltChen Magneton On Twitter Add VoltChen Magneton on Facebook

I pick Castelia. The largeness took me by suprise and I find those NPC running/walking that you can't touch funny.

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Parting Shot! Petalburg Woods Forums!

Lumiose by a long shot, it actualy feels like a large city, Castelia looked like crap and it didn't feel like a big city at all.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Blog Entries

Which do I think is the best, Lumiose for sure. Where would I live? Saffron, as it's the smallest of the biggest cities.

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

I like Lumiose City the most out of these three. Just like NYC, I find Castelia City to be too big and overwhelming. I get lost there all the time and it's really frustrating. I personally don't find Saffron City interesting at all, and I think if I lived there I would spend most of my time going to Celadon or Goldenrod Cities, to be honest.

Lumiose City is big, but I never find it as overwhelming as Castelia. And while I get lost there as well, I at least have fun getting lost because there are so many small stores to find throughout the city. I think I would have fun just walking around the city to find something new.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

I'm pretty sure the cities surrounding Saffron are meant to be like suburbs. I haven't been to Kalos yet so I can't comment on Lumiose, but Castelia City I avoid like the plague. It's a total disaster and feels like one of those planned cities nobody wants to live in. So... Saffron I guess!

Blog Entries
    Follow Felly On Twitter
    Follow Felly on Tumblr

Saffron for me. It seems like the smaller of the three cities, at least to me, and Castelia and Lumiose are so huge. I'd probably get lost, especially given how directionally challenged I am. .-.

URPG Grader, Ranger, Official, & Referee
    URPG Stats || Grader Log || Petalburg Woods