Hmm, I've search the index and couldn't find a topic for this. Don't know if this kind of competition is allowed, really XD. I thought of this when I looked up Launcher Battles, hoping to learn more about them.
Well, anyways. Here goes.
This will be a match-up between all types of Pokemon Battles;
- Single, the traditional battle. A one-on-one matchup between Pokemon where both attempt to KO the other. Switching out or using an item wastes turns, however.
- Double, the trainer sends out two Pokemon that battle side-by-side as allies against the opponent's duo. Cooperation is necessary, support moves are important.
- Tag, a pair of trainers each send out one Pokemon as does the opposing trainers. Functions like a double battle, but more cooperation is needed between the participants.
- Triple, the player sends out three of his/her Pokemon onto the field. Similar to a double battle, but in addition, with the added ability to MOVE team members from left to right on the field to intercept/dodge attacks.
- Rotation, like the Triple battle, where one sends out three Pokemon. However, only one Pokemon may be active at a time. Rotation from one Pokemon to the next costs no turns and minor status ailments plus stat increases/decreases are kept even when the Pokemon is inactive. Rock-Paper-Scissors.
- Launcher, in this form of the duel, the persons are equipped with 'Wonder Launchers' which accumulate Launcher Points every turn that he/she may use on exclusive (mostly) items in-battle to boost their Pokemon's efficiency. The Launcher is more of an add-on that applies to all above battles styles; replacing items from the bag.
In your opinion,
Which do you think is the most fun?
Which concept is the best?
Which takes the most strategy to utilize?
Which is the most compatible with the Wonder Launcher?
Which one do you prefer overall?
Also, be sure to tell me if you would like your 'final answer' with or without the Wonder Launcher. Thanks! :D
~ I choose Rotation Battle, because following the questions I provided, it easily scores at least 2-3 of the answers. So yep, Rotation Battles it is! I prefer the addition of the Wonder Launcher, even though I haven't tried it out yet. It's almost like a real-time currency exchange, and I love those kinds of systems.
+1 Rotation (w/ Wonder Launcher)