Battle of the Battles!

View Poll Results: Which kind of Battle do you like best?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single

13 34.21%
  • Double

9 23.68%
  • Tag

4 10.53%
  • Triple

3 7.89%
  • Rotation

6 15.79%
  • Not sure.

3 7.89%

Thread: Battle of the Battles!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Battle of the Battles!

Hmm, I've search the index and couldn't find a topic for this. Don't know if this kind of competition is allowed, really XD. I thought of this when I looked up Launcher Battles, hoping to learn more about them.

Well, anyways. Here goes.

This will be a match-up between all types of Pokemon Battles;
    1. Single, the traditional battle. A one-on-one matchup between Pokemon where both attempt to KO the other. Switching out or using an item wastes turns, however.
    2. Double, the trainer sends out two Pokemon that battle side-by-side as allies against the opponent's duo. Cooperation is necessary, support moves are important.
    3. Tag, a pair of trainers each send out one Pokemon as does the opposing trainers. Functions like a double battle, but more cooperation is needed between the participants.
    4. Triple, the player sends out three of his/her Pokemon onto the field. Similar to a double battle, but in addition, with the added ability to MOVE team members from left to right on the field to intercept/dodge attacks.
    5. Rotation, like the Triple battle, where one sends out three Pokemon. However, only one Pokemon may be active at a time. Rotation from one Pokemon to the next costs no turns and minor status ailments plus stat increases/decreases are kept even when the Pokemon is inactive. Rock-Paper-Scissors.

With/out:

• Launcher, in this form of the duel, the persons are equipped with 'Wonder Launchers' which accumulate Launcher Points every turn that he/she may use on exclusive (mostly) items in-battle to boost their Pokemon's efficiency. The Launcher is more of an add-on that applies to all above battles styles; replacing items from the bag.

Questions:

In your opinion,

Which do you think is the most fun?

Which concept is the best?

Which takes the most strategy to utilize?

Which is the most compatible with the Wonder Launcher?

Which one do you prefer overall?

Also, be sure to tell me if you would like your 'final answer' with or without the Wonder Launcher. Thanks! :D

Happy Voting!

~ I choose Rotation Battle, because following the questions I provided, it easily scores at least 2-3 of the answers. So yep, Rotation Battles it is! I prefer the addition of the Wonder Launcher, even though I haven't tried it out yet. It's almost like a real-time currency exchange, and I love those kinds of systems.

+1 Rotation (w/ Wonder Launcher)
    Last edited by /Zer0; 28th April 2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Rearranged questions to flow better :P

Offline for a while HexagonStephen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle of the Battles!

Which one do you prefer the most?

Double! They are so much fun!

Which do you think is the most fun?

Um... See what I just said.

Which concept is the best?

Double. Two Pokemon being out at the same time, and you have to get them to work together!

Which takes the most strategy to utilize?

I would have to say Rotation. It requires you to think about what move to make.

Which is the most compatible with the Wonder Launcher?

No clue.

Double Battles it is!

Also, I am offering my services as an Original Pokemon Trainer designer. It's free, but I might need time depending on your requests. PM for details if you are interested.

Offline possibly for the summer. Don't VM or PM me because I may not see it for a few months.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the idea of Rotation Battles but I have White so I only ever got to have one... :(
    White Team

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Which do you think is the most fun?- Single Battles, they aren't as open to cheapness as Double Battles.

Which concept is the best?- Double Battles, one of the best things included to Pokemon.

Which takes the most strategy to utilize?- Triple Battles, because now you have to also think of your positioning.

Which is the most compatible with the Wonder Launcher?- Single Battle, though I deeply despise the Wonder Launcher

Which one do you prefer overall?- Singles.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

I voted for single because I suck at other kind of battle.
    Tag battle are pretty fun, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Doubles are pretty fun next to singles :> However I don't like double wild battles :C

I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

Singles. The traditional battle, and also the one I'm best at. :-P
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

Post Thanks / Like

Tag, for the simple reason that you team up with Steven in Emerald =)
    Quote Originally Posted by No Use For a Name View Post
    A lion wouldn't cheat on his wife, but a Tiger Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuriken_2393 View Post
    (What if)Rebecca Black and Justin Bieber sing a duet?

In my opinion, it would be a catastrophic apocalypse calamity of unscaled proportion.

Have a Happy New Year!! Athena Blade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Double battles are the best because the two pokemon help their partner with their weaknesses!