Ash is a derp. Red wins.
Responding to the multiple people taking umbrage at my comment about filler leagues not counting: IT'S F***ING FILLER. What happens in it has no bearing on anything else. There's also the fact that, in battling terms, the Orange League was comparitively easy. Case in point:
Not exactly Herculean in difficulty.
Meanwhile, we have Blue:
I don't know about you, but Blue looks more difficult to me. And then there's his Fr/Lg team:
So there you have it. There's also the fact that Red had to beat Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance IN SUCCESSION just to get at Blue; Ash just had to do some Pokéathlon-type minigames to fight Drake.
I hate Ash. He's a sissy wus. He hasn't made a move on any of his female companions. If I were in his position i would be ******* my female companions every episode.
Please click my eggs!!
Credit for the awesome avatar goes to Allen Walker!
Well, the prize goes to Red for best quote: "..."
Less annoying, better battler.
Not the best team, but a damn tough one. I wouldn't want to cross him on a dark night as and when his team all hit Lv.100.
As for Ash? He'd have a self-fulfilling name if Red's team had anything to say about it.
I still don't have a banner for it, but I'm going to keep the link to this wiki in my sig' anyway. Y'know, because it means a lot to me.
Birdsong - An exploration of the human psyche at a point of being highly unstable, yet stable enough to recognise its insanity. Also officially the second-best piece of dark fiction of this year's Winter awards season and Fic of the Month of March 2013. Interested? You should be. Give it a look.
Alright, the Orange League weren`t amazingly tough, but Ash also beat the Frontier Brains. One of which had THREE LEGENDARIES.
Don`t you think 12 People, one of which having three legendaries > 5 in succession?
Also, Revives and Super Potions.
2) Red is exempt from the Battle Frontier because he only appeared in one game where it existed (HGSS, and who is to say that he couldn't have beaten it? Or beaten it already? Shouldn't Trainer Tower count to some degree for Fr/Lg?)
3) Ash was allowed to heal and train between Frontier Brain fights, making them significantly easier.
4) The E4 and Blue were allowed to use healing items as well. And better ones than SUPER POTIONS, I might add.
Red is way cooler and stronger. Plus, his pokemon don't reset back to level one when he goes someplace new.
Croconaw is officially claimed!
Originally Posted by Time
2) Who's to say he has? Him beating any Frontier is uncanon, but I'll give you the Trainer Tower.
3) So was Red, if he had the mind to buy tons of potions and Revives, and just heal between Elite Four members.
4) And, again, so can Red. Using healing items in battle hasn't ever been shown in the anime, so Ash couldn't heal during the battle like Red could.
Last edited by Fletcher.; 13th November 2010 at 11:40 AM.
Ash has never beater an official pokemon league. (If you don't count orange islands) Red has beaten the pokemon league in Kanto, either retired or beaten by Lance.(Idk which) Then he went up to Mt. Silver and trained his a** off and now has level 80 pokemon.
I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
Originally Posted by Iron Defense
I prefer Red, simple because I don't watch the anime.
Ash is too much of an emotional spaz to win. And from what I've seen of the anime, I don't remember him winning too often. He got a gym badge for putting out a fire! Red would for sure win.
I claimed Squirtle.
My SoulSilver Info:
Friend Code: 0818 5931 2255
Last edited by CliveKoopa; 13th November 2010 at 05:08 PM.
2) I didn't say he has, did I? I said he might have, maybe beaten it prior to Ethan challenging him. He might not have. I don't know.
3) You can't buy Elixirs, Ethers, or Max Revives, three things that you wouldn't need if you had access to a Pokémon center. Additionally, Ash was allowed to train between matches. Was one team member lagging behind in battle? He could train it until it was stronger. Red was stuck with the same six party members for five consecutive battles, after which they'd be at relatively the same strength at which they'd started.
4) Did you even read #4? The E4 were allowed to heal during battles, thus negating Red's ability to to some degree. Ash couldn't heal, but neither could his opponents.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please, please, PLEASE do not think I hate or am biased against the anime in any way, shape or form. I may resent aspects of it, but I do not hate it on the whole. It's only Ash I don't like here.